The Official Smackdown vs Raw 2011 Thread

Options
2pacnbiggie
2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
I figure this will be out pretty soon so lets get a thread goin. Drop your PSN/360 names if your up for some matches

This year features the biggest addition and one of the main reasons im coppin 30 Man Royal Rumble online up to 6 people in the ring at a time and 12 people in the match at once....6 in the ring and 6 spectating waitin for their wrestlers number to join the rumble

they have preorder specials going on right now im preordering mines this weekend

Best Buy (or any retailer in Canada): Brett Hart playable character
Toys R Us: Undertaker's "Ministry of Darkness" gear
Amazon.com: Three outfits for Randy Orton (T-shirt, suit and referee uniform)
Walmart: "Tribute to the Troops" arena

and i think Gamestop gives u 20 bucks off of a wwe ppv

im goin to preorder this weekend most likely to cop Bret Hart i wonder if Best Buy does midnight releases for this if i preorder.

anybody else coppin

bout to preorder mines today from Best Buy check your local best buy to see if they're doin a midnight release
Video Games & Gadgets : WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2011 - BestBuy

im on PSN: sedp23

Comments

• Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    xRokkitKiddx

hopefully this have the ? lag problem that SVR 2010 had...that ? was unbearable.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I didn't know about the Best Buy thing, well I'll get it from there then.

The first DLC will have Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Justin Gabriel, Layla, British Bulldog, Lex Luger, NXT arena and alt costumes for Shad and Shawn Michaels.
  • Rocket Kidd
    edited October 2010
    Options
    SMFH @ LAYLA BEING DLC....if anything Kelly Kelly should be DLC what has she done that was significant in 2010?
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I didn't know about the Best Buy thing, well I'll get it from there then.

The first DLC will have Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Justin Gabriel, Layla, British Bulldog, Lex Luger, NXT arena and alt costumes for Shad and Shawn Michaels.

are those the only Nexus members? if so thats whack, Id only wanna play as Gabriel, Sheffield, Barrett or maybe Tarver. why didnt they include them in the actual game?
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    most likely they're on the game, the DLC will just unlock them. THQ does grimey ? like that all the time.

anyway im so ? excited for this. 2007 was my favorite game, and since then they've taken out some really cool things that messed up weapons and doing crazy ? with ladders/tables, but they added hit detection of weapons without doing those pre-animated moves, so its going to GOAT.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've seen trailers and screenshots and this game looks like a classic. My three favorite games of the year are always Madden, NBA 2K, and SD vs RAW and this year seems like its a great year for all them ? ... I need to get Madden 11, NBA 2K11, and SD vs RAW 2011 for real.. ? lol
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    who the ? still plays smackdown vs. raw?
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    who the ? still plays smackdown vs. raw?

? who like wrestling games and about 2 million people a year for real
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    RVD's in... that ? shocked me
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i ended up preorderin from gamestop cuz best buy was on ? the site said they were doin midnight release at my local store but i went there and they said no wtf? so ill have mines midnight release day when i get off work i went last yaer for 2010 and the store had lines out the door for that ? i sold that back tho because of the lag online which was ? hopefully all thats fixed and the reversals are better to pull off as well
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited October 2010
    Options
    RVD's in... that ? shocked me

Also Stone Cold, The Rock, Terry Funk, Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy Snuka.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also Stone Cold, The Rock, Terry Funk, Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy Snuka.

Dont forget British Bulldog and Lex Luger as well.

This game might be the greatest Smackdown game since Shut Your Mouth(my personal favorite)
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Dont forget British Bulldog and Lex Luger as well.

This game might be the greatest Smackdown game since Shut Your Mouth(my personal favorite)

Right, I mentioned those two above. When I get this game, if I had to get rid of 2009 or 2010, I would probably get rid of 2010 because I paid no DLC, it'll have nearly the same characters and features as 2011.

ShutYour Mouth (4th), Know Your Role (2nd) and 2007 are my favs. 2006 is the got damn worst.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Right, I mentioned those two above. When I get this game, if I had to get rid of 2009 or 2010, I would probably get rid of 2010 because I paid no DLC, it'll have nearly the same characters and features as 2011.

ShutYour Mouth (4th), Know Your Role (2nd) and 2007 are my favs. 2006 is the got damn worst.

I hated SD vs RAW 2007 and I liked both the first SD vs RAW and the SD vs RAW 2006(I think that's the joint with Cena and Batista on the cover)
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Just copped last week.Besides last year and probably the year before, I haven't copped a Smackdown game since PS2.
  • Rocket Kidd
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    aye... can anyone answer these questions :( ??

- yo for SvR 2011 does anyone know if they fixed the submission glitch yet ?? not sure what glitch you talkin about.

-how is the submission system like in this game ? ehh pretty much the same as last year, they finally made the ankle lock a struggle sub again.

- can u finally use CAWs online ? yes

- can u select backstage areas for more than 4 players at a time ? hmm so far i haven't seen so

- how is the Create-A-Move system ? you can create your own corner finisher now and u can choose the range and rotation of the move.

- how is the CAW system ? did they add more attires ? are they more lenient w/ customizations for attire ?? i personally haven't check out to in depth yet but from what i've checked out they've added a couple more things..nothing too significant though, except the gorilla costume..this one sticks out the most.

hope these answers helped.

If anyone can answer those questions id be forever grateful.

• riddlerap
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    aye... can anyone answer these questions :( ??

- yo for SvR 2011 does anyone know if they fixed the submission glitch yet ??

no they didnt

-how is the submission system like in this game ?

worse than last year, now you cant see the meter when someone is trying to get out of a submission, you have to guess when to let it go before they reverse it

- can u finally use CAWs online ?

lol wtf? welcome to like 2006. duh.

- can u select backstage areas for more than 4 players at a time ?

no, just 2.

- how is the Create-A-Move system ?

its pretty good, has some limitations but you can still get creative with it.

- how is the CAW system ? did they add more attires ? are they more lenient w/ customizations for attire ??
    i think its definitely better this year. more clothes and accessories, and each attire can now have different hair.

If anyone can answer those questions id be forever grateful.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    988r3c.gif ......................................
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    988r3c.gif ......................................

• Gnawledgeable
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'll be honest, I really haven't been playing the game as much. I hate they ? up the Exhibition mode. I play it on normal, the Legend isn't hard but it's just that I don't wanna take forever beating somebody. I hated 2010 at first but I still have it and grown to like it. This game will take some time.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The game is the best one in years to me, but the Unlockables ? sucked. I done beat all the RTWM and aint unlock Rock or Stone Cold cause them ? wasnt in no green room, thats ? bruh lol
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    The game is the best one in years to me, but the Unlockables ? sucked. I done beat all the RTWM and aint unlock Rock or Stone Cold cause them ? wasnt in no green room, thats ? bruh lol

you gotta do some ? for those ? like austin n rock n terry funk etc....

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1132981p1.html

follow the instructions n you will be bless. dun kno
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • riddlerap
    edited December 2010
    Options
    DLC ? up online <<<<

THQ somehow thought they could release DLC without doing any type of update and thus not making it compatible with people who dont have it. they did this ? before too, they never learn.