Planet Ill Breakdown: Metallica, Pearl Jam, Ledisi, India.Arie, Foreign Exchange

Options
Malice Intended
Malice Intended Members Posts: 50
edited January 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
http://planetill.com/2010/01/planet-ill-breakdown-metallica-pearl-jam-ledisi-india-arie-foreign-exchange/
Planet Ill Breakdown: Metallica, Pearl Jam, Ledisi, India.Arie, Foreign Exchange

ledisi-300x262.jpg

By shelz.

Tonight is Grammy night; the big daddy of back-patting kudos in the recording industry. As usual, the artists that are nominated are thrilled and the ones who aren’t are amazed at the committee’s lack of taste. There aren’t a lot of surprises in the major categories, and that’s to be expected considering the Grammy committee has always been the last bastion of FM dial love. Of course 2009’s usual suspects’ coffers runneth over with nominations.

Taylor Swift is one of the hosts, as well as one of the top dogs in award nods, so I’m sure the ? staff of show writers has outfitted her with a deluge of Kanye jokes that she may not have the cajones to utter. Then again, with co-host/award night body guard LL Cool J at her side she might get through it since he’s not exactly a fan of Bey’s better half. But enough of my fantasies of Grammy melee which totally include Kid Cudi winning best rap performance, running up on stage, and punching the presenter just for handing it to him, I’m here to talk about the music.

There are a few big honors like record of the year and song of the millennium and all of those. These are the awards that they present around the 15th hour of the telecast even though they swear right before each commercial break that they’re next (don’t fall for that). Then there are those awards they give out while they are doing sound check or building the stage or something, like best dueling banjo recording that reminds you of that time your car broke down on a dark road in West Virginia. Mixed in with all of that, however, is some pretty decent music; songs that some of y’all might not know because Beyonce didn’t sing them. So I’m going to give you a heads up and break down some the cream of the crop. Amazingly enough, none of them were produced by The Dream.

Visit us at Planet Ill to read the rest: http://planetill.com/2010/01/planet-ill-breakdown-metallica-pearl-jam-ledisi-india-arie-foreign-exchange/