[UPDATED] Eyedea dead at 28...RIP to a great emcee

Options
ninjasenses
ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
edited October 2010 in The Essence
Update at the bottom of the post.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1650198/20101018/eyedea.jhtml
His mother announced Larsen's passing — a cause of death was not given at press time — writing on the MC's Facebook page, "It is with great pain and sadness that I tell you my son Mikey (Eyedea) has passed away ... At this time we kindly request your respect and our privacy as we process this devastating loss. We do, however, welcome your kind words, memories, and positive thoughts." The family has set up a PayPal account for donations to pay for the cost of funeral services.

Its shame to see such a great emcee go, his rhymes and freestyles were one of the first ones to lead me on the path of the underground Hiphop scene. I also saw him give some great performances at scribble jam that ill never forget RIP.

UPDATE

The Twin Cities lost one of its most prolific rappers last weekend.

Micheal Larsen, aka Eyedea, was nationally respected in the indie hip-hop scene since before he was old enough to buy a beer. His mother found him dead in his St. Paul apartment Saturday, less than a month before his 29th birthday.
The details surrounding Larsen's death are still largely unknown. The report filed by St. Paul police offers little explanation:

eyedereport.jpg

Officers responded to a 911 call to an apartment on Laurel Avenue in St. Paul at 11:40 p.m. Saturday. There, they found Micheal David Larsen dead.

"There's no signs of trauma, nothing suspicious," says St. Paul police spokesman Andy Skoogman. "We don't think foul play was involved."

Police are waiting to see toxicology results from the medical examiner, says Skoogman, which could take weeks.

Source

Comments