Whip My Hair (Video) - Willow Smith

Options
quietaskept
quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' music video shows diva side of Will and Jada Pinkett's nine year old

By: Soraya Roberts

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/10/19/2010-10-19_willow_smiths_whip_my_hair_music_video_shows_diva_side_of_will_and_jada_pinketts.html#ixzz12p7t8bcI

She's only nine years old but Willow Smith has just released a music video to rival the works of her rapper father, Will Smith.

In "Whip My Hair," the pre-teen diva introduces a 21st century version of head banging as she whips her various hair styles -- long braids, heart-shaped Mohawk, back-combed pouf -- throughout the video.
With two diamonds on her lips, Willow enters the scene with a juke box in a white-washed room that looks like a prison canteen but turns out to be a classroom. Switching on her jukebox with blinged up nails, she dips her tresses in some paint and proceeds to whip them around the room to turn it into a multi-colored confection.

"Doesn't matter if it's long or short, whip your hair," she sings as she throws her little head around.
The sentiment harks back to the "I Love My Hair" song that recently premiered on "Sesame Street," in which a brown Muppet – representing an African-American girl – sings about how great her hair is. A viral video mash up has already been released in which the Muppet appears to sing Willow's new single.
Willow is currently signed to Jay-Z's record label, Roc Nation, and her first album -- release date TBA -- will no doubt be a hit considering her high profile support network, including Justin Bieber.

Willow Smith whips her hair frantically in her new video. (YouTube)

"[O]h and a heads up…got to see a rough cut of my lil sis Willow Smith’s video for WHIP MY HAIR," the teen pop star recently tweeted. "It’s CRAZY!! She is killin em! GET READY!"

Bieber is an old friend of the Smiths, having dueted with Willow's 12-year-old brother Jaden on the "Never Say Never."

The "Karate Kid" star also appears to make a cameo towards the end of his little sister's video and is slated to star opposite her in a fantasy film called "Amulet."
An actor first, Willow made her screen debut at the age of 7 in "I Am Legend" opposite her dad. She has also appeared in "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl” and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/10/19/2010-10-19_willow_smiths_whip_my_hair_music_video_shows_diva_side_of_will_and_jada_pinketts.html#ixzz12p7fMB5L

[video=dailymotion;xf9jc6]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf9jc6_willow-smith-whip-my-hair-official_music[/video]

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Damn

I think I heard the sound of Keri Hilson and Ciara albums being pushed back to the months of never 2013 and ? please 2011
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Damn

I think I heard the sound of Keri Hilson and Ciara albums being pushed back to the months of never 2013 and ? please 2011

Ironic you said that, because they just appeared on Ustream last night together, tryna show they squashed their beef. The are about to be Ashanti status soon, Beyonce and Rihanna are about to drop albums. lol
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you can't see the video, you can watch it on the link to the article. But yeah, It's Rihanna, Beyonce, Willow and everybody else. lol
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The only problem I have with kids is that the lyrics are most times on some ? .
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    The only problem I have with kids is that the lyrics are most times on some ? .

Surprisingly the lyrics to this song aren't that bad for chicks (I think...judging from the response it seems most grown women can relate)