isnt it funny how jay z will put people who are hot at the time on his album

2»

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    LMAO only on the net will you find such ridiculous notions. J. Cole better than Drake? How????? GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha

c/s........
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited February 2010
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    jay z cant hold a album down by himself. blueprint 3 should of been a compilation album with all them ? features on it. jay z isnt a artist and he has told us time and time again that he is a coke mule that happens to know how to rap. fair enough. thats what makes him a shallow dry mc. jay z said he was moving hip hop into a new direction with bp3 and i dont hear anything futuristic on the album. he sticks to his" im the greatest" subject matter. no soul. no convictions. nothing creative . just processed industry noise that they pass off as hip hop. 2009 was one of the worst years in world history/recent memory and jay z spoke on nothing relevant to what black men are facing nowadays. he didnt speak on the recession because its too depressing. tell that to the fans who are hitting the pavement looking for work everyday. nothing positive about uplifting the community or unity/brotherhood themes. just a whole lot of self ? and telling us what new stuff he is on. thats why i dont give a ? about how much of a so called powerful man jay z. he doesnt put it to any good use. all of these gangsters jay z try to imitate looked out for their hoods and people that were good to them. dillinger used to pay rent for entire apartment complexes. capone gave 100 bills to shoe shine boys. lanksy wealth from his enemies was used to boost the economy in his own neighborhood. king david and chief lloyd set up rec centers, job training classes and small business in bgdn/brothers nation hoods. black panthers promoted self defense and awareness even the gods still build. jay z dont do ? like that. he isnt an american gangster. he is a industry tool now. he donates where bono donates and its nothing but a tax write off that he will make money off of anyways. he dont care about hip hop. he is just infatuated with his so called greatness and wants to push his agenda on u ? riding jigga warriors.

havent said this in a minute but

? JAY Z

lls damn ? did Jay ? ur sister or baby moms or something y u so upset over a ? u dont even know???
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I dont listen to Jay (at all) but i understand what he's doing ..

the Greats in the game dont need "who's hot" on their albums cause they can hold it down themselves.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited February 2010
    do you agree he is lyrically better than drake and above average.i didnt know jay wrote his verse but it makes sense and goes exactly with my post!

dreams of being behind the wheel like Jada,
    i chill now a lil ice later, Cole you go the glow like a lil lightsaber,
    so clap for him, then applaud Hov, he gave em a platform,
    flow so sick thought he wrote the rap for him,
    no sir,
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    jay-z is a marketing geniuos
  • midwestgangsta
    midwestgangsta Members Posts: 996
    edited July 2010
    sounds more smart then funny to me... whatever he does he stays on top so others should take notes
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited July 2010
    Jay-z the man! he knowns hes skilled
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    juvenile can't "spit"?
  • djparamnesia
    djparamnesia Confirm Email Posts: 434
    edited July 2010
    For one Jay is a business man, and it is good sense to do that, secondly one minute people complaining that the older generation dont help or do songs with the new kids in the game, and when jay does hes just doin it coz there hot, what do you want him to do get some ? rapper on his album.
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    no juvie is not in anyones top 30.he is mediocre for even down south mcs
  • midwestgangsta
    edited July 2010
    no juvie is not in anyones top 30.he is mediocre for even down south mcs

^^he got a certified classic... thats more then most mc's can say... and he's well above average... juvie can most definitely spit..... i put him pretty high on the list of southern mc's
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    jay-z is a marketing geniuos
    Oh yeah, because all of his artists sell millions of albums. /sarcasm. Besides marketing for himself he's ? at it
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    Oh yeah, because all of his artists sell millions of albums. /sarcasm. Besides marketing for himself he's ? at it

how can he be ? at it with 11 no. 1 albums.
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    ^^he got a certified classic... thats more then most mc's can say... and he's well above average... juvie can most definitely spit..... i put him pretty high on the list of southern mc's

what classic is that ?
  • DarthRozay
    edited July 2010

I like his flow, but sometimes it sounds like he's saying whatever he wants and ending every line with a "heh" and he does that on more than "Ha"
  • DarthRozay
    edited July 2010
    Because none of his artists sell, only him
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    I like his flow, but sometimes it sounds like he's saying whatever he wants and ending every line with a "heh" and he does that on more than "Ha"

thats exactly what i hear too.plus he is on a milk carton
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    Because none of his artists sell, only him

i agree with you but for himself he is one of the best.you dont see him blogging to get exposure
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010

Uh maybe because he's built a big loyal fanbase? Duh ? . Is Eminem a marketing genious too? Lil Wayne too? ? please.

TS speaking facts but people will still deny it.

I wonder why he started doing the whole mafioso theme when it was hot? The DMX feature? The Juvenile feature? Working with Sean Paul when he was hot? Lil Wayne in 2007? Drake in 2009?

I could go on for days.
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Uh maybe because he's built a big loyal fanbase? Duh ? . Is Eminem a marketing genious too? Lil Wayne too? ? please.

TS speaking facts but people will still deny it.

I wonder why he started doing the whole mafioso theme when it was hot? The DMX feature? The Juvenile feature? Working with Sean Paul when he was hot? Lil Wayne in 2007? Drake in 2009?

I could go on for days.

the answers to your questions is yes.why do you think some people consider wayne the best rapper alive?marketing.drake?marketing.
  • midwestgangsta
    edited July 2010

^^as a juvenile fan i have no idea what your talkin about... he made ha but other then that what songs does he got where he's ending everything in anyway even remotely close to that???

not to be funny but are u sure you're talkin about juvenile??? he did make ha your right but he never did anything remotely close to what your talkin about
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited July 2010
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    no the t/s said and if he does let them rap he writes his verse... I just picked 1 instance, and really picked this one b/c J Cole even says in the song he didnt write his verse'

That being said i dont think J Cole is as good as many make him out to be

i know ur not tlkin bout the line "flow so sick thought he wrote the rap for him..... NO SA..."
  • thedesolateone
    edited July 2010
    ambiguous1
    no the t/s said and if he does let them rap he writes his verse... I just picked 1 instance, and really picked this one b/c J Cole even says in the song he didnt write his verse'

j. cole said that because its known that jay-z usually does
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    All of Jay best songs dont have a feature and that chorus ? dont count

"What the hell yall done???? To have an opinion on what I been doing/ What the hell have yall won???? Only thing you can identify with is LOSING"

"Been writing 16's in between running 16 businesses/ all o while showing these young punks what the business is/ As if ima let you ? style on me"

BP3 Reminder