BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Tut, you are NOT the father!"
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    alot of black folks are gonna be upset because you know what they're gonna say....
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited January 2010
    Options
    alot of black folks are gonna be upset because you know what they're gonna say....

Tut's from north east Africa. They'll say he's genetically similar to north eastern Africans of his time period. Who will be surprised/upset?
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think the IC should have a science section, and this thread should be placed there. I still would not care about the results though... King Tut? They can paint history whatever color they want does not matter...
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The funny ? is. Dark skinned people can be like 78% white in their blood because skin color is only (i think) less than 1% of your total make up.

So having his DNA results dont mean ? . But of course they gonna do what they always do. make him light skinned and white.

To hell what the ? hieroglyphs on the damn pyramids and temples show.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The hieroglyphs show the Egyptians as being red.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cusrive_sample.jpg

Red in a BROWN sorta way
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That ain't no ? skin color I ever seen. Red Fox wasn't that red.

Plus that ? got a bird head. Bird ass ? . My point is, the colors and figures in Egyptian religious writings (which is what all the hieroglyphs are) are symbolic. There's green dudes and blue dudes. In that one pic Ras used to post a lot, there's 4 different people from 4 different regions. One really pale dude from like Cyprus, one light brown dude from like Persia, one red dude from Egypt, and one dark brown dude from Nubia. If the Egyptians themselves drew a distinction between their skin color and the Nubian's, we can safely assume they're not "black."
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Greeks didnt come to Egypt until WAY later. So sorry, they were "black." Sadly people still debate this ? .

I dont see how they have the same skeletal structure as Nubians from the same region, they're in Afrika, they painted themselves black, the mummified remains preserved melanin on the skin which proved they were black.

Why is this even a debate anymore?
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Did you read what I wrote? The Egyptians themselves distinguished their appearance from that of the "black" Nubians. This has nothing to do with Greeks. Egypt was a nation of redbones at the darkest.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its think its hilarious that ktulu really thinks he knows ? LOL

stick to shock posting man ..... smh
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What have I said that was incorrect and where is all the "evidence" that the Egyptians were black black?

I'm not denying that they were African. That would be dumb. But they don't seem to have ever depicted themselves as being like the Nubians and I don't think the DNA analysis of King Tut is going to reveal traces of wine flavored Black n Mild tobacco in his bloodstream.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wait...so they were black...just not the right kind of black? And black was the norm in their society everybody was black (one shade of it or the other). So of course they didnt go around talking about being black all the time.

Here is something I found on a website from just googling "Where the egyptians black" That way I could give you some concrete evidence instead of just running off at the keyboard with random knowledge.
    The following is supporting evidence from The African Origin of Civilization: by: Cheikh Anta Diop

Evidence from Physical Anthropology
    The skeletons and skulls of the Ancient Egyptians clearly reflect they were Negroid people with features very similar to those of modern Black Nubians and other people of the Upper Nile and of East Africa.

2. Melanin Dosage Test
    Egyptologist Cheikh Anta Diop invented a method for determining the level of melanin in the skin of human beings. When conducted on Egyptian mummies in the Museum of Man in Paris, this test indicated these remains were of Black people.

3. Osteological Evidence
    "Lepsius canon," which distinguishes the ? proportions of various racial groups categories the "ideal Egyptian" as "short-armed and of Negroid or Negrito physical type."

4. Evidence From Blood Types
    Diop notes that even after hundreds of years of inter-mixture with foreign invaders, the blood type of modern Egyptians is the "same group B as the populations of western Africa on the Atlantic seaboard and not the A2 Group characteristic of the white race prior to any crossbreeding."

5. The Egyptians as They Saw Themselves
    "The Egyptians had only one term to designate themselves =kmt= the Negroes (literally). This is the strongest term existing in the Pharaonic tongue to indicate blackness; it is accordingly written with a hieroglyph representing a length of wood charred at the end and not crocodile scales," singular.‘Kmt’ from the adjective =kmt= black; it therefore means strictly Negroes or at the very least black men. The term is a collective noun which thus described the whole people of Pharaonic Egypt as a black people."

6. Divine Epithets
    Diop demonstrates that "black or ? " is the divine epithet invariably used for the chief beneficent Gods of Egypt, while the evil spirits were depicted as red.

7. Evidence From the Bible

The Bible states that "…[t]he sons of Ham [were] Cush and Mizraim [i.e. Egypt], and Phut, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah and Sabtechah." According to Biblical tradition, Ham, of course, was the father of the Black race. "Generally speaking all semitic tradition (Jewish and Arab) class ancient Egypt with the countries of the black."

8. Cultural unity of Egypt With The Rest of Africa
    Through a study of circumcision and totemism. Diop gives detailed data showing cultural unity between Egypt and the rest of Africa.

9. Linguistic Unity With Southern and Western Africa
    In a detailed study of languages, Diop clearly demonstrates that Ancient Egyptian, modern Coptic of Egypt and Walaf of West Africa are related, with the latter two having their origin in the former.

10. Testimony of Classical Greek and Roman Authors
    Virtually all of the early Latin eyewitnesses described the Ancient Egyptians as Black skinned with wooly hair.

After the conquest of Egypt by Alexander, under the Ptolemies, crossbreeding between white Greeks and black Egyptians flourished. "Nowhere was Dionysus more favored, nowhere was he worshiped more adoringly and more elaborately than by the Ptolemies, who recognized his cult as an especially effective means of promoting the assimilation of the conquering Greeks and their fusion with the native Egyptians." {Endnote 15: J. J. Bachofen, Pages choisies par Adrien Turel, "Du Regne de la mere au patriarcat." Paris: F. Alcan, 1938, p. 89.}

These facts prove that if the Egyptian people had originally been white, it might well have remained so. If Herodotus found it still black after so much crossbreeding, it must have been basic black at the start.

All this comes from a published book BTW. Not some High School book report.

So I guess when they painted something red they were symbolic of an evil spirit. Which is the red you were talking about.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wait...so they were black...just not the right kind of black? And black was the norm in their society everybody was black (one shade of it or the other). So of course they didnt go around talking about being black all the time.

White people dont care about the facts they will just say they were White and call it a day. Thats what they do.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    All this comes from a published book BTW

Sarah Palin published a book.

And KMT does not mean "The Negroes." It means "black land," referring to the soil in the area at that time. This isn't even controversial.

And if red is symbolic of an evil spirit, why is that the color they ALWAYS use to represent the average Egyptian? Osiris is green or blue, but the human Egyptians are red. And the Nubians, when they draw them, are black black black.

If the Egyptians are black, why do they make such a blatant distinction between themselves and the Nubians?

I'm not alleging that the Egyptians were blond haired blue eyed ? ideals. That would be silly. But I am asking how they can be "black" when they never described themselves that way and neither does anybody else outisde of modern Afrocentric pseudo-scholarship circles where convicted child ? Malachi Z. York gets props all day.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everyone
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thats some intersting ? .

those of you who are discussing the appearance of the 'Egyptians' using superficial standards of 'race' only acknowledged in your own pathetic little intolerant nation that have no reflect on reality what so ever yet you still hold any value towards it: ? You.

The Egyptians of today are still a very diverse people, they come with all shades, looking at the demography/infrastructure the nomadic history of man it is plausible to believe not much has changed.....meaning: by 'race' standards the USof A way: they were brown/black folk. It makes no sense to lable them redskins lol. Obviously our skin is dark down there, obviously there are 'blacks' down there, so obviously they can be labeled 'black'. just like they can be labeled brown. Acknowledge the diversity and forget your foolish absoluteness way of thinking.

with that being said: I once posted pictures of on this site of Moroccans, many were considerd 'black' by the replies eventhough they weren't considered blacks in morocco.....with other words: what is considered black in your land might not be that way in the motherland. think about that for a sec.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    White people dont care about the facts they will just say they were White and call it a day. Thats what they do.

This is true...
    And KMT does not mean "The Negroes." It means "black land," referring to the soil in the area at that time. This isn't even controversial.
    Uh yeah...because it was LAND for BLACKS lol
    If the Egyptians are black, why do they make such a blatant distinction between themselves and the Nubian
    Same reason a Korean gets ? when you call him Chinese. They're still both "Asians."

Same reason a Nigerian will correct you if you call him Ethiopian. Or an Ethiopian will correct you if you call them Sudanese.

They're still BLACK though.
    I'm not alleging that the Egyptians were blond haired blue eyed ? ideals. That would be silly. But I am asking how they can be "black" when they never described themselves that way and neither does anybody else outisde of modern Afrocentric pseudo-scholarship circles where convicted child ? Malachi Z. York gets props all day.
    Once again you're claiming that they werent "black" but you really mean not Wesley Snipes or DMX black.

You are being like a Dominican who will scream "I NO BLACK, I'm Brazilian!" OK Sammy Sosa, that's your NATIONALITY now what is your RACE? And then he has nothing to say.

So lets just forget the word black. Lets just say the Egyptians were DARK-SKINNED AFRIKANS. Because of the region they are from and being sun baked to death. Doesnt make them better or worse than anybody and Im not one of those black people that claims superiority based on what some civilization 5000 ago did. But they were in fact dark-skinned for the most part. How about that?
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They Egyptians were light-skinned Africans, according to their own accounts and everybody else's. Redbone at the darkest.

And KMT refers to the soil itself in comparison with other dirts in the region. This is something Diop is just plain ol' wrong about.
  • sankara
    sankara Members Posts: 33
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Greeks didnt come to Egypt until WAY later. So sorry, they were "black." Sadly people still debate this ? .

I dont see how they have the same skeletal structure as Nubians from the same region, they're in Afrika, they painted themselves black, the mummified remains preserved melanin on the skin which proved they were black.

Why is this even a debate anymore?

Significant melanin appears in sri-lankan, indians (especially dalits), aborigines etc It doesn't mean they are 'black' - it just means that they have a skin pigmentation that makes their skin darker so as to protect them from intense sun-heat/light.

Like KTulu said, their hieroglyphs did show a distint difference between the way the Egyptians portrayed themselves and the nubians from kush (which i believe was in lower egypt). They also had ? structures different from the ones seen in nubian mummies
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why are all these people with 1 post mysteriously showing up LOL

I'm sorry but I'm gonna go ahead and believe the many published books researched many times over by people with PhDs on the subject, Egyptian depictions of THEMSELVES smh, statues that show wide nosed people, paintings of people with hairstyles/beards you cant get unless your ? is nappy, etc etc etc.

Sorry but facts over brainwashing and decades of white racists who depict Cleopatra as Liz Taylor any day.
    Significant melanin appears in sri-lankan, indians (especially dalits), aborigines etc It doesn't mean they are 'black' - it just means that they have a skin pigmentation that makes their skin darker so as to protect them from intense sun-heat/light.
    Once again you confuse NATIONALITY with race.

I wonder if a bunch of black people could get away with saying the Greeks really looked like Wesley Snipes even though they clearly depict themselves as WHITE. It's ? at this point really.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The difference between depictions of Plato and Wesley Snipes are tremendous.

The differene between depictions of ancient Egyptians and Wesley Snipes are less so, but still significant.

They drew themselves as being lighter than Obama. That says a lot, I think.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They drew themselves as being lighter than Obama.

tehutiwriting.gif
    default.jpg
    Mentuhotep2.jpg
    Aushead.jpg

^^^WORD ???
    The Two Pictures above are Pharaoh Mentuhotep II (on the left) and his Daughter Princess Aushead. The Drawing of Aushead was taken from her fathers Tomb, the Statue of Pharaoh Mentuhotep II was also found in his tomb. Once again this is how the Egyptians of ancient times, physically looked.

Once again. Im not saying they were Nation of Islam types and they would identify as being the same kind of black that I identify with. Just saying they were black. Not what kind of black and what area of black and what skin color. I have already said that they were many skin colors. Black people are the only people who come in different shades no matter where we're from. Dark skinned Etiopians and light skinned ones live in my apartment complex. The Egyptians started mixing with the Greeks at one point.

But I dont know of any people who would paint themselves a color they werent just to be doing it.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Uh why the hell do I have to wait for my comments to be moderated -_-
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You can cherry pick images, but we both know you're doing it. The first one isn't even a human being. Dude got a bird head.

For every literally black image, there's an equally literally white one available, but I don't think the Egyptians were either color.