Options
    kanye has surpassed jay

top 5 is now

pac
    big
    em
    kanye
    nas

? your uncle on your step daddy's ex wife's side of the family for sayin that ?
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I read in between the lines and say Malice of the ? clipse is better.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye is the complete artist that Jay Z wishes he was. Thats why he is attached like a ball and chain to Kanye. Im more than sure that Kanye has replaced Nas as a ? he is obessed with. Kanye is hip, intelligent, brash, creative, witty and authentic. Jay Z is none of that. he has no personality or anything unique with him. That why he prides himself on all the other outlets but his musical career. Lets keep the ? real. Dude been rapping about selling drugs and money for 14 years straight. He boxed himself in artistically with his cliche rap . He dont bare his soul on records, he never tries nothing out of the box. ? always talking about progression but still talking about serving fiends from 1988. smmfh. Jay Z has been biting Kanye whole Aura. He saw Kanye first in all the upscale mens wear then Jay Z want to talk that grown man button up ? . He saw kanye getting love and admiration from the whites so Jay Z started seeking out promenent white friends and acceptance in white society. Kanye had the indie-adult rock ? like Adam Levine, John Mayer, Jack Johnson on his albums and then Jay Z starts begging whites to be on his album.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye............
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    ? your uncle on your step daddy's ex wife's side of the family for sayin that ?

kanye is everything jay is but better

that top 5 i gave is not my personal top 5 rappers, that list is based on impact, fanbase, legacy, records sold etc...

the top 5 at the moment taking in all credentials (note not my top 5)

Pac
    Em
    BIG
    Jay
    Kanye

although kanye is about to surpass jay if he carries on another 3- 5 years...jays time is up, only way is down
  • thesynthesis
    edited October 2010
    Options
    put it this way Jay hasnt put out a dope album since Black Album

Kanye has put out better albums than Jay consistently, College Dropout is just as good as Jays top 2 albums

If Kanye carries on like this for another 5 years he can be considered in the TOP 3 above Jay
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye Rap's
    Kanye Produces Music
    Kanye Mixes Records
    Kanye is better at Writing & performing Hook's
    Kanye is a better Song Writer

Kanye has the better catalouge College Dropout, Late Registration & Gradution are better than Jay Z's best 3 Album's

As far as content Kanye actually say's something in his Music and can touch people with his introperspective records but deliver Hit's too Jay Z's content has always been too one dimensional generally
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kanye is everything jay is but better

that top 5 i gave is not my personal top 5 rappers, that list is based on impact, fanbase, legacy, records sold etc...

the top 5 at the moment taking in all credentials (note not my top 5)

Pac
    Em
    BIG
    Jay
    Kanye

although kanye is about to surpass jay if he carries on another 3- 5 years...jays time is up, only way is down
    kanye can surpass anybody on that list as far as being an artist goes,besides pac
    you know ? ain't tryna put any rapper over pac
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Jay hate thread in 5......4.......3........2.......
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye is gonna pass up Jay Z with this LP. Wayne will pass up Jay Z after Carter IV drops. You thought the 90s crackbabies were something, those millenium xpill babies are starting to sprout into hip hop now. aint nobody gonna give a damn about Jay Z a year from now
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kanye can surpass anybody on that list as far as being an artist goes,besides pac

Well Eminem is the complete Artist on that list as far as Rapping, Producing, Mixing Records and being diverse as far as introperspective records with emotion and charismatic Hit records, catchy Hook's and great Album's like his first 3

Kanye is the cloesest as far as being an Artist like Em but the difference is Em has Produced more Album's that have been critically acclaimed apart from his own like Devil's Night, Cheers, THe Massacre etc but also can Sing/Harmonize and makes better introperspective records you feel the emotion and pain in Em's Music more
  • thesynthesis
    edited October 2010
    Options

basically

as a song maker and someone who can just about do it all Kanye is the closet to Pac....Kanye might not be the best lyricist or have the best flow, but he has just about enough in every department to make great timeless songs, similar to Mr Shakur

only thing dudes dislike about Kanye is his bi polar personality...i dont give a ? though, his music speaks for itself...

like i said if he delivers with his next album the word Great/Legend will be forever attached to Kanyes name
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Kanye is gonna pass up Jay Z with this LP. Wayne will pass up Jay Z after Carter IV drops. You thought the 90s crackbabies were something, those millenium xpill babies are starting to sprout into hip hop now. aint nobody gonna give a damn about Jay Z a year from now

Your hate just went too far
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Your hate just went too far

Wayne is only 28 years old and look at all the ? he accomplished. Wayne WILL pass Jay Z up
  • Already Home_17
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Well Eminem is the complete Artist on that list as far as Rapping, Producing, Mixing Records and being diverse as far as introperspective records with emotion and charismatic Hit records, catchy Hook's and great Album's like his first 3

Kanye is the cloesest as far as being an Artist like Em but the difference is Em has Produced more Album's that have been critically acclaimed apart from his own like Devil's Night, CHeers, THe Massacre etc but also can Sing/Harmonize and makes better introperspective records you feel the emotion and pain in Em's Music more
    kanye as an artist>em as an artist
    kanyes beats>eminems beats
    kanyes first 3 albums had been more critically acclaimed that all of those albums you just mentioned
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wayne is only 28 years old and look at all the ? he accomplished. Wayne WILL pass Jay Z up

Not if he keep making ? like the Carter 3. Real talk did you walk in on jay busting a nut on ya mom's face? What's with the anger issues breh?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Lil Wayne doesn't have the body of work or lyrical ability to surpass Jay, don't pump that man's head up
  • Already Home_17
    edited October 2010
    Options

? aren't checking for Wayne nowadays like they was years ago.not saying he don't have a fanbase but it's def. on the decline
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lil Wayne doesn't have the body of work or lyrical ability to surpass Jay, don't pump that man's head up

this^^^^^^^, this ? can't be serious
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

wayne wack now. ever since that ? went to jail it woke ? up and they stopped ? ridding that wack ass hobbit. id rather listen to this ? than him.

• tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Not if he keep making ? like the Carter 3. Real talk did you walk in on jay busting a nut on ya mom's face? What's with the anger issues breh?

Wayne just did 110K with no promotion sitting inside the beast with a #1 single. His release date is on his fans calendar. He has a successful rap group. even though i dont like the jew bastard Drake and Nicki Minaj and Wayne has owned radio for past 18 months.so oh yeah Wayne will pass Jay Z up after Carter IV.

and why u jigga warriors always come with that lame "did he ? ur girl/mom?" reply when yall dont have ? to say back. that ? is so childish. step ya insult/flame/one liner game up. but to answer you question. no. my mom isnt into beastility. i dont know anything about her sex life but im pretty sure she is not into camels. and jay z can even get his wife pregnant. u must mean jay z shooting blanks on someone face. smh
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »

Kanye is the cloesest as far as being an Artist like Em but the difference is Em has Produced more Album's that have been critically acclaimed apart from his own like Devil's Night, Cheers, THe Massacre etc but also can Sing/Harmonize and makes better introperspective records you feel the emotion and pain in Em's Music more

since when did mixing a record become a talent?
  • Already Home_17
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wayne just did 110K with no promotion sitting inside the beast with a #1 single. His release date is on his fans calendar. He has a successful rap group. even though i dont like the jew bastard Drake and Nicki Minaj and Wayne has owned radio for past 18 months.so oh yeah Wayne will pass Jay Z up after Carter IV.

and why u jigga warriors always come with that lame "did he ? ur girl/mom?" reply when yall dont have ? to say back. that ? is so childish. step ya insult/flame/one liner game up. but to answer you question. no. my mom isnt into beastility. i dont know anything about her sex life but im pretty sure she is not into camels. and jay z can even get his wife pregnant. u must mean jay z shooting blanks on someone face. smh

the irony,contradiction,and hypicracy of the bolded speaks volumes
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2010
    Options

So what you saying? Record sales=greatness? Because we all know Wayne isn't touching Jay on the mic. I don't get what you're grasping at here. Sounds like a buncha ? haterism