Eminem won rap album of the year...

Options

Comments

• Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LMAO. Nah man. I'm an Em fan and I think Em >>>> Jay.

But I just think Jay had more in his favor this year to give him the win.
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LMAO. Nah man. I'm an Em fan and I think Em >>>> Jay.

But I just think Jay had more in his favor this year to give him the win.

ohhh ok nevermind.. i guess so, with run this town and all..
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH. My dawg Em.
  • a.tone
    a.tone Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So not the album of the year lol
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    bp3 was garbage. and it wasnt even a hip hop album. it would of lost in the electronic/dance category anyways. ? jay z. its good to see a real lyricist win an award instead of a biggie clone. when its all said and done eminem will be the undisputed goat that jay z brain washes u jigga warriors into believing

? eminem is just an uncooked version of 2pac,big daddy kane & rakim

bp3 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay betta than relapse
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Em will win best rap album whenever he drops whether its a good or bad album we all know why..... and grammy committee LAUSE
    trillllll ?
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? eminem is just an uncooked version of 2pac,big daddy kane & rakim

bp3 was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay betta than relapse

Oh, man. U wildin' to the max power.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i wonder what the other nominees were, and there is a good chance there was an album nominated that was better.
  • NeverChange99
    NeverChange99 Banned Users Posts: 16
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    i wonder what the other nominees were, and there is a good chance there was an album nominated that was better.

Best Rap Album Nominees:

'Relapse,' Eminem

'Universal Mind Control,' Common

'R.O.O.T.S.' Flo Rida

'The Renaissance,' Q-Tip

'The Ecstatic,' Mos Def
  • Treeze
    Treeze Banned Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Options
    eminem winning best rap album is a joke
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The Grammy's always give rap awards to Eminem or Will Smith because that's all they are familiar with. I believe he won Grammy's for that ? awful Encore album too

Pretty sure you should do some fact checking before posting, b/'c if i'm not mistaken Encore was his only album that didnt get nominated for best rap album... and pretty sure no songs won any grammy

Honestly what rap album should have been it?

Jadakiss? No, it was a good album, but i would hope even big Kiss fans wouldnt say this
    Blackout 2? No, another great album of 2009... But i am sorry this album wasnt anything spactacular and was pretty much what you'd expect from a red and ? album...
    Deeper Than Rap? No
    Loso's way? No
    Mos Def? No
    Flo Rida? no
    Common? No

WHat is weird is that BP3 can win all the single song awards but can do tthe album? I knokw the songs are released beforwe the album, but seems odd
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited February 2010
    Options
    compared to the list... I can live with it.
    would have been nice to see tip win though
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Treeze wrote: »
    eminem winning best rap album is a joke

um no Flo Rida being nominated is the joke

amazing people are focused on the winner... but overlook the fact that Flo Rida is nominated... where is the thread on that
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Best Rap Album Nominees:

'Relapse,' Eminem

'Universal Mind Control,' Common

'R.O.O.T.S.' Flo Rida

'The Renaissance,' Q-Tip

'The Ecstatic,' Mos Def

Q Tip album should have won.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol I thought I was the only one that saw Flo rida nominated, lol @ garbage ass UMC & Relapse being nominated
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol I thought I was the only one that saw Flo rida nominated, lol @ garbage ass UMC & Relapse being nominated

what album should have won over Relapse?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you should do some fact checking before posting, b/'c if i'm not mistaken Encore was his only album that didnt get nominated for best rap album... and pretty sure no songs won any grammy

Honestly what rap album should have been it?

Jadakiss? No, it was a good album, but i would hope even big Kiss fans wouldnt say this
    Blackout 2? No, another great album of 2009... But i am sorry this album wasnt anything spactacular and was pretty much what you'd expect from a red and ? album...
    Deeper Than Rap? No
    Loso's way? No
    Mos Def? No
    Flo Rida? no
    Common? No

WHat is weird is that BP3 can win all the single song awards but can do tthe album? I knokw the songs are released beforwe the album, but seems odd

Yeah he didn't win for Encore but he did win for SSLP, MMLP (over Blueprint and Stillmatic, which is ? ? ), Eminem Show, and now Relapse.

Things fall apart > SSLP
    Blueprint and Stillmatic > MMLP
    Word of Mouth > MMShow
    The ecstatic > garbage ass relapse

The Grammy cut off deadline is August 31 and that's why BP3 album wasn't nominated, DOA and Run this town was released before that. Next year he will get a nomination for BP3 and Empire state of mind; i wouldn't be surprised if that song get nominated for song of the year.
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Yeah he didn't win for Encore but he did win for SSLP, MMLP (over Blueprint and Stillmatic, which is ? ? ), Eminem Show, and now Relapse.

Things fall apart > SSLP
    Blueprint and Stillmatic > MMLP
    Word of Mouth > MMShow
    The ecstatic > garbage ass relapse

The Grammy cut off deadline is August 31 and that's why BP3 album wasn't nominated, DOA and Run this town was released before that. Next year he will get a nomination for BP3 and Empire state of mind; i wouldn't be surprised if that song get nominated for song of the year.

it's early as hell obviously but i'd give Song of the Year to Empire State of Mind...

Looking at the past ok, there MAY have been albums better and that is your opinion even though i disagree with some of them... But again i ask the people saying he shouldnt have won, what album is better?

I applaud an artist for being so comfortable in their skin and body of work that someone like Mos Def would put out Ecstatic ... But that album was very dissapointing IMO

oh and i just rebought Things Fall Apart last week... defintniely remember it being better when it dropped lol
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Em deserved it.....since Jay wasnt nominated, I can't think of any other artist who deserved it. Good job Em.
  • Question Authority
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's ? ......Jay-Z shouldve won. Whatever tho, I copped Relapse, so I'm no hatin.....Jay dropped the much better album, but it is what it is.

Jay's album wasn't eligible because it was released after the Grammy deadline.

He'll be nominated next year and could, right now, be deemed the frontrunner.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited February 2010
    Options
    gak7 wrote: »
    and thats the way it should be ..how does it make you feel ?

Disclaimer. if you are about to catch feelings.. remember . it looks stupid

fuuuk da grammyz they white anyway all i need 2 c is da BLACK MTV CHANNEL 'MTVJAMZ' TOP 10 HOTTEST MCZ OF 09 & that redneck aint nowherr 2 b found on that list cuz black folkz dont listen 2 fem i trust that list mo then i du sum grammy committee when it cumz 2 rap...,,
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    fuuuk da grammyz they white anyway all i need 2 c is da BLACK MTV CHANNEL 'MTVJAMZ' TOP 10 HOTTEST MCZ OF 09 & that redneck aint nowherr 2 b found on that list cuz black folkz dont listen 2 fem i trust that list mo then i du sum grammy committee when it cumz 2 rap...,,

Jay won just as many grammy's as Em

Beyonce the only artists to win 4+ grammys more than 1 year
  • Question Authority
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Beyonce, a black woman, just made history by winning the most Grammys in one night for a female artist. She's now the third most honored woman, behind Alison Krauss and Aretha Franklin. That means two black women are amongst the most honored.

People just wanna make excuses as to why their favorites don't win ? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Em got lucky, though. His competition sucked ass.

If BP3 was eligible, Em would've lost.

Very true.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Beyonce, a black woman, just made history by winning the most Grammys in one night for a female artist. She's now the third most honored woman, behind Alison Krauss and Aretha Franklin. That means two black women are amongst the most honored.

People just wanna make excuses as to why their favorites don't win ? .

Also very true. People need to stop bringing up race when it comes to the Grammys.