Eminem won rap album of the year...

Options

Comments

• biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im happy Eminem won, but Relapse is a wack album, and if it aint wack its average at best.
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also very true. People need to stop bringing up race when it comes to the Grammys.

race shouldnt be brought up ever when dealing with how good someone is, thats why a lot of of the people on this forum are stupid when they let the fact that eminem said ****** on a cd when he was young, then they turn around and say he sucks now..as if what he has has written already has changed ...
  • dsoule
    dsoule Members Posts: 39
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm not mad that Em won. I didn't watch the show, and I didn't even know who was nominated. All this talk of Jay winning next year is cool but it seems like everyone is forgetting about that Rae joint. I liked it better that BP3, but that's just my opinion.
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Q Tip album should have won.

Co-sign 100%.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Blackout 2 was better than relapse. OBFCL2 was better than relapse. The Last Kiss was better than relapse.

Umm no, you reachin son. Both those albums were as avg as can get. Relapse is solid
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To anyone on this site that thinks they can create a topic about Eminem and it not turn into a race dispute, good luck. It's a lost cause. But I don't know why anyone is shocked that he won. No, Relapse is not Em's best album, but look at the competition, or lack there of. And did you really expect the Grammy committee to look at any rap albums outside of the mainstream? Most of those people have only heard of Jay-Z, Em, Kanye, and Lil Wayne. It's not like they were gonna consider Scarface or Raekwon's last album.
  • Treeze
    Treeze Banned Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    um no Flo Rida being nominated is the joke

amazing people are focused on the winner... but overlook the fact that Flo Rida is nominated... where is the thread on that

um yes it is a joke. wack ass relapse did not deserve to win best rap album over ectsatic and renaisaance.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Treeze wrote: »
    um yes it is a joke. wack ass relapse did not deserve to win best rap album over ectsatic and renaisaance.

i'll entertain Renaisaance but i dont think i've replayed Ecstatic since i bought it... that album was a big let down IMO and i'm a huge M Def fan
  • Treeze
    Treeze Banned Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i'll entertain Renaisaance but i dont think i've replayed Ecstatic since i bought it... that album was a big let down IMO and i'm a huge M Def fan

either way wack ass relapse didnt deserve to win.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Treeze wrote: »
    either way wack ass relapse didnt deserve to win.

If you think Relapse was a "wack" album I hate to see what you do like.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Em will win best rap album whenever he drops whether its a good or bad album we all know why..... and grammy committee LAUSE

Applaud this post
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    when do the Grammy do the cutoff pont for album of the year? I thought as long as it dropped that year it could get nominated?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    f.e.d.s. wrote: »
    when do the Grammy do the cutoff pont for album of the year? I thought as long as it dropped that year it could get nominated?

August 31 is the deadline
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Em will win best rap album whenever he drops whether its a good or bad album we all know why..... and grammy committee LAUSE

I'm pretty sure he didn't win for Encore...so no
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited February 2010
    Options
    em is wack and relapse was wack wit an annoying voice and lryics about ? and murdering it sounded funny when i was 15 but now emenim is waste of talent to me
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    these are the same people who nominated "I'm on a Boat" for a grammy. Yeah what a prestigious award it is to get one...
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    His album was whack I didn't think he should of won it, but then again 09 wasn't such a good year for Hip Hop music. Raekwon Built for Cuban linx 2 was the best album of 09 IMO
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's gonna be interesting to see the rap field next year, though. And how they're gonna divide the wins.

Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Kanye

It's hard to tell because all three get nominated/win for almost anything. Only time will tell...
  • blakrooted
    blakrooted Members Posts: 62
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Best Rap Album Nominees:

'Relapse,' Eminem

'Universal Mind Control,' Common

'R.O.O.T.S.' Flo Rida

'The Renaissance,' Q-Tip

'The Ecstatic,' Mos Def

SO all this albums were better than OB4CL II and Blakout II? Universal mind Control, R.O.O.T.S made the cut?... RIP HIPHOP
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Deeper Than Rap was easily better than Relapse
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jay won just as many grammy's as Em

Beyonce the only artists to win 4+ grammys more than 1 year

ok wat does j & b winnin grammyz have 2 du wit anythang?? da grammmy awardz is still white & feminem winnin da best rap album of da yr award provez it cuz DEEPER THAN RAPPER shouldve won that ? fuuuuk that bs relapse....,,but like i said b4 i dont take da grammy committee serious when it cumz 2 rap i trust da black mtv channel mtvjamz when it cumz 2 da hottest mcz of last yr & u cant find that redneck feminem no wherr on that list!,,...
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Grammy's don't mean anything.

They never did...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Simpsons got it right about The Grammys

The Grammys have never been relevant
  • DIRTYscope
    DIRTYscope Members Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Eminem shouldn't have been anywhere close to a grammy this year relapse was ? .

50524664b410c24m3.jpg
  • DIRTYscope
    DIRTYscope Members Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Eminem is washed up
    50524664b410c24m3.jpg