Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sperling wrote: »
    [I]obsessed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this ?
    [/I]

u talkin bout the movie wit beyonce ? that has nun to do wit this movie
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the first one was lame as ? so i probably wont like this one
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just saw it today. That movie has me shook honestly. Ending is absolutely nothin nice. True story I'm not looking forward to going to bed tonight.
    8/10
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i havnt seen it...but horror/scary movies fell off..
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and Paranormal Activity 2 is the ? !!!!!!
    a ? was in the theater spooked like a muhfucka
    its cold how they tied both movies together like that

I didn't sleep well at all last night =( I kept glancing at the door... not a good night.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ahahaha ? said he liked how they tied the movies together. It's a ? sequel.

Then you haven't seen the movie, else you would know what he means. First "sequel" I can remember that's a prequel, a during, and a sequel all in one. Good sh*t.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i seen some long pink white people feet....
    black woman feet>>>>>>>>>>>>>long pink white girl feet

#cosign ...
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    too much staring at their room for 20 minutes just for a door to open in the first one

is it more of the same?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    eh was alrigt only three parts really made me jump
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    can't front, the part where the cabinet doors blew open had a ? shook lol. but the part where ole girl cam back and killed the brotha-n-law, then walked upstairs and killed the sis...shook. just how she just straight approached her outta no where wud've had me runnin
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I liked it, but I thought this one had way to much filler. Like in the first one the Demon did way more ? while they were sleep and camera was rolling. The majority of the camera time in part 2 aint ? happening. How she killed the brother in law was COLD but I really didnt think the sister should have died off that throw into the camera thing, and I would have been much happier if the teenage daughter would have got killed aswell.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This movie was subpar.... the ending ? up the whole thing... real talk.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Fourth Kind was just subpar.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I didn't care for Blair Witch either though. I like both PA's over those. The ending to PA2 had me not sleeping well that night.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The second is slower to start but the last 30 minutes are way more exciting than the 1st one.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The second is slower to start but the last 30 minutes are way more exciting than the 1st one.

U think? I just came back from seeing it and I was kinda disappointed. I honestly think the 1st is head and shoulders above the 2nd flick. But hey, the theater where I seen it shows movies all day long for only $5.00 Monday through Thursday, so it ain't really that much of a loss.

One thing that had me @ a loss: What happend to the skinny sister of the chic from the 1st movie? She's nowhere to be found in the 2nd flick
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    U think? I just came back from seeing it and I was kinda disappointed. I honestly think the 1st is head and shoulders above the 2nd flick. But hey, the theater where I seen it shows movies all day long for only $5.00 Monday through Thursday, so it ain't really that much of a loss.

One thing that had me @ a loss: What happend to the skinny sister of the chic from the 1st movie? She's nowhere to be found in the 2nd flick

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed both films but the 2nd has alot more to it. Think about it.

*SPOILERS**

In the first one, the last 20-30 minutes or so were basically Katie getting dragged down the hall, and then the ending sequence where she kills him. There's not much action happening past that. In comparison, PA2 showed Kristy getting dragged down the stairs (twice) and into the basement, the incident with the german shepherd, Ali's footage of Kristy in Hunter's room, Kristy trying to attack the dad when he brought the cross into her room, Kristy taking Hunter and the dad having to go after them into the basement, Martine coming back, and of course the whole finale with Katie.

All of this in the last 20 minutes. It's wayyy more than the 1st.

I will say this though. The original did 10x better with character development. You got a feel for Katie and Micah's personalities in the first one. I didn't really feel one way or the other about Daniel and Kristy.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken that tall skinny girl from the first one wasn't a sister. She was just a friend of Katie's.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    o snap! spoilers being dropped let me get out this ?

be back later 2nite after I finally see it lol
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed both films but the 2nd has alot more to it. Think about it.

*SPOILERS**

In the first one, the last 20-30 minutes or so were basically Katie getting dragged down the hall, and then the ending sequence where she kills him. There's not much action happening past that. In comparison, PA2 showed Kristy getting dragged down the stairs (twice) and into the basement, the incident with the german shepherd, Ali's footage of Kristy in Hunter's room, Kristy trying to attack the dad when he brought the cross into her room, Kristy taking Hunter and the dad having to go after them into the basement, Martine coming back, and of course the whole finale with Katie.

All of this in the last 20 minutes. It's wayyy more than the 1st.

I will say this though. The original did 10x better with character development. You got a feel for Katie and Micah's personalities in the first one. I didn't really feel one way or the other about Daniel and Kristy.

I thought it was kinda of ? how easy the husband was able to excorcise the Demon out his wife.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken that tall skinny girl from the first one wasn't a sister. She was just a friend of Katie's.

I just checked a couple of different websites; that skinny chic was Katie's sister in the 1st movie. Not that it really matters. I just thought it was kinda strange how they introduced this other sister in the 2nd movie, yet totally erased the sister from the 1st movie. Remember in the 1st movie, Katie talks about how she and her sister were having nightmares about being bothered by demons/spirits as kids in the 1st movie; she never says anything about having multiple sisters @ all. Yet in the 2nd film, the new sister talks about the same thing; they also briefly mention something about their mother. Maybe the mom snapped or something...who knows? (((shrugs)))

If you've ever seen one the alternate ending of the 1st movie, it's the skinny sister who comes to the house and discovers Micah's body off camera and then the cops come later.

Maybe it's one of those things in sequels where the producers/writers just skip it and hope nobody notices or brings it up.

One other thing that threw me for a loop: What was the significance of the burned pic of Katie in both movies? In the 1st film, it was discovered by Micah in the attic and Katie started spazzing out. I thought that the demon somehow allowed it to be discovered as a means of further psychological intimidaton. However, we see the same pic in the 2nd movie and the husband of Katie's sister is shown burning it. HTF did it make it's way from house to house and what does it mean???

I'm just wondering, that's all.