Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

Options
13»

Comments

• louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just checked a couple of different websites; that skinny chic was Katie's sister in the 1st movie. Not that it really matters. I just thought it was kinda strange how they introduced this other sister in the 2nd movie, yet totally erased the sister from the 1st movie. Remember in the 1st movie, Katie talks about how she and her sister were having nightmares about being bothered by demons/spirits as kids in the 1st movie; she never says anything about having multiple sisters @ all. Yet in the 2nd film, the new sister talks about the same thing; they also briefly mention something about their mother. Maybe the mom snapped or something...who knows? (((shrugs)))

If you've ever seen one the alternate ending of the 1st movie, it's the skinny sister who comes to the house and discovers Micah's body off camera and then the cops come later.

Maybe it's one of those things in sequels where the producers/writers just skip it and hope nobody notices or brings it up.

One other thing that threw me for a loop: What was the significance of the burned pic of Katie in both movies? In the 1st film, it was discovered by Micah in the attic and Katie started spazzing out. I thought that the demon somehow allowed it to be discovered as a means of further psychological intimidaton. However, we see the same pic in the 2nd movie and the husband of Katie's sister is shown burning it. HTF did it make it's way from house to house and what does it mean???I'm just wondering, that's all.

Just my view on it, but I guess since the Demon was Exorcised from Katie's Sister by her husband, the demon moved on to Katie in order to get Hunter. I guess the Pic was just a sign of its presence.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    How can i watch it for free cause the first one was ass cheeks and if the second is anything like the first i dont wanna spend money on it real talk.

if the 1st was ass cheeks, then y the ? would u wanna see the 2nd one?????
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

One other thing that threw me for a loop: What was the significance of the burned pic of Katie in both movies? In the 1st film, it was discovered by Micah in the attic and Katie started spazzing out. I thought that the demon somehow allowed it to be discovered as a means of further psychological intimidaton. However, we see the same pic in the 2nd movie and the husband of Katie's sister is shown burning it. HTF did it make it's way from house to house and what does it mean???

I'm just wondering, that's all.

In PA2 the husband sets fire to all four corners as some type of weird ritual to exorcize the demon out of Kristy and into Katie, since the picture is Katie. I think they got that idea from the nanny Martine. I guess in retrospect it's supposed to be spooky and mysterious that it is found intact in their attic in the original. I think really it was an homage to The Exorcist in the original, but they used it as an explanation for Katie's possession in the sequel.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I thought it was kinda of ? how easy the husband was able to excorcise the Demon out his wife.

Yea it was over very quickly. Felt a little rushed.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    hell yeah bro its like 100x's better than the first one ! i dont wanna spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet but its crazy how that ? came back lol

? Is Wrong With You? ....Ever Hear Of A Spoiler Warning?....? Just Came Out This Past Weekend And Your Giving Important Plot Details..
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In PA2 the husband sets fire to all four corners as some type of weird ritual to exorcize the demon out of Kristy and into Katie, since the picture is Katie. I think they got that idea from the nanny Martine. I guess in retrospect it's supposed to be spooky and mysterious that it is found intact in their attic in the original. I think really it was an homage to The Exorcist in the original, but they used it as an explanation for Katie's possession in the sequel.

Funny thing is, when Micah and Katie discovered that burnt pic in the attic in the 1st PA, Katie claimed she hadn't seen it since she was a kid and her house had caught on fire. However in the PA2, we clearly see that it was Katie's brother in-law who burned the pic. Also, Katie was over her sister's house on the regular, so she would've had to have seen that pic somehow. I dunno, I'm guess I'm just throwing out some food for thought about the connections and/or inconsistencies between the two films.

Even though they left open the possibility for a 3rd film, I think they should just leave it alone. Otherwise, this franchise will become another "Saw" and/or "Friday The 13th" series and go on way past it's glory days.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PA1 is definitely the better movie! It took me a while to be ‘normal’ again after watching the first one

*possible spoilers*

I was disappointed when everything I saw in the trailer wasn’t shown in the movie, like the baby on the street. I was looking forward to that part. Instead, a skillion shots of the pool cleaner.

I was holding in my laughter, when Kristie tried to enter the baby room and got denied, then bit each and every one of the stairs going down…twice! The whole basement thing was really kind of silly. It had creepy moments, like when the kitchen cupboards flew open. I was really more concerned for the poor dog! :( haha

Did anyone stay til the end of the credits?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    ? that got damn movie.... how you gon buy a secutiry system and not use it? That act right there would have deaded everything...just watch a ? tape... 1st door that closed we woulda been up the ? outta there... white folks i swear...

Woulda left, but the wife was haunted, not the house..so the "entity" woulda followed them...but I agree that ? was stupid, would've rathered they tried to "solve" the haunting like the first, or maybe decided to "ignore" it and hope it went away, then the dad being a complete ?
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Funny thing is, when Micah and Katie discovered that burnt pic in the attic in the 1st PA, Katie claimed she hadn't seen it since she was a kid and her house had caught on fire. However in the PA2, we clearly see that it was Katie's brother in-law who burned the pic. Also, Katie was over her sister's house on the regular, so she would've had to have seen that pic somehow. I dunno, I'm guess I'm just throwing out some food for thought about the connections and/or inconsistencies between the two films.

Even though they left open the possibility for a 3rd film, I think they should just leave it alone. Otherwise, this franchise will become another "Saw" and/or "Friday The 13th" series and go on way past it's glory days.

Katie said she hadn't seen it, Kristie pulled it out of a box and showed Ali and said "it's the only thing I saved from the fire"...

But yea the movie was kinda ass, the thing that made the first one so cool was that the character reactions were somewhat believeable to what was going on..this movie was like..."we have to keep them in the house so let's just make them stupid as ? "
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This movie sucked ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    This movie sucked ?

• Iheart~Cali
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    PA1 is definitely the better movie! It took me a while to be ‘normal’ again after watching the first one

*possible spoilers*

I was disappointed when everything I saw in the trailer wasn’t shown in the movie, like the baby on the street. I was looking forward to that part. Instead, a skillion shots of the pool cleaner.

I was holding in my laughter, when Kristie tried to enter the baby room and got denied, then bit each and every one of the stairs going down…twice! The whole basement thing was really kind of silly. It had creepy moments, like when the kitchen cupboards flew open. I was really more concerned for the poor dog! :( haha

Did anyone stay til the end of the credits?

I did. For some reason we were waiting for something to happen in the credits. It's been so long now that I forget why but it seemed like something was about to happen.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    both were wack
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I rented this on my "On Demand" and I was mad, $6 for this movie and it was cheeeesy. I only jumped when the cabinets all opened, ? was loud as ? lol. Other than that I never even got spooked, the billion shots of the pool/pool cleaner and the front door was horrible. A man spends money on a security system and doesn't review ? .

Also, SMH @ anyone thinking this is real. All clothing and products shown in this movie (which was "recorded in 2006") is all fresh and new. I know because I been shopping recently, SMH at that ? .

I hated the movie, it was corny. If you ain't seen it I don't recommend it.