Is Batman A Hypocrite???

Options
Chillin&Postin
Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
i was reading an article about silly futurisitic vehicles and saw batman made the list

"The Batwing is unlike anything to be found in Christian Bale's arsenal; a modified stealth jet complete with Gatling guns, missiles and a price tag that had to be somewhere north of $2 billion back in 1989. Because Batman won't hold a pistol, but he's apparently fine with missiles and vehicle-mounted mini-guns."

how can Batman be against guns but he uses big ass guns

http://www.cracked.com/article_18699_6-baffling-flaws-in-famous-sci-fi-technology.html

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ahhhh, that's a good one.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge or an excuse will defend this "finding"
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited October 2010
    Options
    only Batwing that i know of that had gattling guns was in Batman '89. that can't be hypocritical because that Batman didn't have anything against killing people - he was modelled more after the original Bob Kane Batman that did carry a gun and ? people, that's why he kills in both Batman and Batman Returns and in neither movie does it mention he has something against guns or killing. he had guns on the Batmobile as well although he used them to cut a door so that right there proved they could be usefull in something else besides shooting people.

in any case he could just use the guns with rubber bullets for riot control - or against non-human enemies since in DC comics he's always fighting some ? robots or aliens or whatever ? might come in handy against a foe like Brainiac, Metallo, or Doomsday even if it ain't killing anything.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited October 2010
    Options
    whoa,
    thanx for pointing that out Bateman.

i did notice that in the first two Batman movies he was more brutal than the less.

i wonder if diehard fans protested against DC or Tim Burton for having Batman be a killer
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In an episode of Justice League, Lex offered Batman a gun to fight Darkseid's army, but Batman refused with, "It's not my style".

Also, during Final Crisis, Batman pulled a gun on Darkseid and even stated that he made a vow against guns........

FC6BatmanGun.jpg

But this is dealing with soooo many different continuities. Which one is the official, I don't know.......
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited October 2010
    Options
    in Batman '89 i think everyone was just happy to have a darker Batman again so we could start forgetting about the campy 60's Batman. plus it wasn't that obvious i think all the deaths were off screen.

there have been times he's used a gun though and there's some iconic covers from back in the day with Batman holding a gun. Bob Kane's Batman used a gun so you can't really get more authentic than that. he prefers not to but it's not like he won't if the situation calls for it

batman-thecult-4.jpg

BatmanGun.jpg

gun_grell.jpg
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited October 2010
    Options
    in Batman '89 i think everyone was just happy to have a darker Batman again so we could start forgetting about the campy 60's Batman. plus it wasn't that obvious i think all the deaths were off screen.

there have been times he's used a gun though and there's some iconic covers from back in the day with Batman holding a gun. Bob Kane's Batman used a gun so you can't really get more authentic than that. he prefers not to but he's not so dumb he'll refuse to if he needs it

so the fact that the joker brought down the Batwing with one shot jus didnt bother anyone???
    as a kid i never cared. it was a strange cool movie,but now realizing what we seen,im appalled.

"If you watched the video linked in the above caption, you'll notice the Wright Brothers could have killed the Joker in that situation using their prototype airplane and a musket. Which brings us to the second flaw: The Batwing's armor was apparently constructed out of paper mache. It gets brought down by a gag pistol the Joker kept in his pants in the off-chance that he might need it for some spur-of-the-moment prop comedy.

Its barrel is so long that it probably slowed the bullet down to 15mph, yet it still manages to destroy the single raddest piece of Bat-technology in Wayne Manor. With one single shot.

We'll take Christian Bale's ridiculous, gravelly voice over this ? any day of the week."
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Maybe he is against using "hand-held" guns - in the The Dark Knight, the bat pod had guns
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hes primarily against handguns b/c the way he witnessed his parents get killed in front of him...they werent killed by jet missles also if they were killed by boomerangs he would probably be anti-boomerang.....also he does make exceptions sometimes