Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Wrestling games peaked with WWF No Mercy
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I'm waiting on my copy from UPS but they really need to do something with their animations like the characters look the same every year.
  • The Douce
    The Douce Members Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    people still fucc with smackdown? its terrible and has been since smackdown 2.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I got it and I'll review later.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    focus wrote: »

THIS!!!!

i stopped checking for them with SvR 07? or08? ? like madden..but worse..
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    smh....hatin ass ?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Thinking of picking this up. The last wrestling game i bought was Smackdown Here Comes the Pain for PS2
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I might have to check this out. IGN gave it 8.0
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Thinking of picking this up. The last wrestling game i bought was Smackdown Here Comes the Pain for PS2

Me too, that was the ? .

I think I seen this demo out, I'll have to re-check. I do want this game but damn $60 for a sport game though, I've never liked that price for sports.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Me too, that was the ? .

I think I seen this demo out, I'll have to re-check. I do want this game but damn $60 for a sport game though, I've never liked that price for sports.

That's why i have a every other or every 2 years buy philosophy
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    no mercy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    is gm mode back?
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited October 2010
    Gonna get it eventually I just got last years game 2 months ago and liked the improvements it made over this gen's previous efforts. I wanna see how the online Royal Rumble is and the Universe mode.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited October 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    co-sign to the fullest but "Here Comes The Pain" , Smackdown 2009 & 2010 were AMAZING. SvR 2010 gives No Mercy a run for its money tho.... even i was shocked.

man most of the games b/w HCTP & Smackdown 2009/2010 are NOT worth it... i was sooo disappointed w/ SvR2006,2007 & 2008 its like they went backwards :( but 2009/2010 made me a believer again.... i pray to ? Vince can maintain consistency w/ 2011.....

Agreed, Here Comes The Pain is a classic. I liked 2006 but Just Bring It, 2007, and 2008 were just bad. Shut Your Mouth and the OG SvsR were average. 2009 was a step into the right direction and 2010 brought the goods. Time for some new graphics tho, not that they're bad.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I think the best games of the entire Smackdown series are HCTP, SVR '06, Smackdown 2, & Shut Your Mouth. SVR 09 & 10 were good but from the previous installments THQ has made better games. Just Bring It, SVR, & SVR '08 are the worse games in the entire franchise. This new one isn't bad at all I just need to figure out how to defend the championship in exhibition and I like how they integrated everything altogether with WWE Universe.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    focus wrote: »
    WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain >>>>
    It don't get no iller.

I used to always check for Smackdown games...but the only one this gen I copped was the last one. Copping this too, though. WHO WANNIT????
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    waitin on mine from amazon

live name: xRokkitKiddx
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    been playin it nuff. unlocked snuka, jake the snake, etc....still got some to go. i did takers rtwm n i didnt get the rock wtf. taker is ? hard at wm like a man cant his a starship pain on his ass lol
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I see nobody gave an actual review. I'll start off by saying what I really don't like about it is that in Exibition Mode, they making into like the real thing by having people coming out during the matches or attacking them beforehand. Hard to explain but they shouldn't of put the storyline concept into it.

The gameplay is the same. The AI in 2010 was hard until you get the hang of it. On 2011, Countering is easier but it's like you can counter any move, anytime. A few buttons are changed like using the circle button is used to pin now. You use L2 to drag people on the ground, the up direction to pick up people off the ground. So pretty much the controls are ok for me.

To me the graphics look more realistic though it's 720p the highest. IGN gave it a 8.0 which is reasonable. For the most part, I'm cool with the game.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    so is the caw story mode better than last year
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

is the custom character tool that good in this game? These are spot on, even alt costumes
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    so is the caw story mode better than last year

I know I'm late but eff it. this
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    I know I'm late but eff it. this

that was me u quoted
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The Hacker wrote: »
    that was me u quoted

Alright cool, question still remains because I wasted money on 09' thinking it had some sort of story mode and the story mode in 10' was short as ? . The creative team need to just stop being lazy and put a story mode back in