Now That We've Looked Within...

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Part of me agrees with this looking within thing. A lot of us go through life and we are not given the time to just sit down and reflect on ourselves. Some who are privileged in doing so either find interesting things about themselves or not so interesting (if not outright condemning). My thing is that eventually we are going to face the prospect of telling others about ourselves; seek an understanding or acceptance outside of ourselves. We would want to seek others who may have the same inwardness. What position are we in to do so especially if what is within is not acceptable? What if in expressing ourselves we are taken advantage of? Where do we look to when no one is listening?

Comments

• oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited October 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    What position are we in to do so especially if what is within is not acceptable? What if in expressing ourselves we are taken advantage of?

can you reword these questions?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I personally acknowledge that knowing what's within can be important. But i notice a lot of people that subscribe to tenants of eastern religions place way too great an emphasis on this type of wisdom, to a fault.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't share your inner self with people you mistrust. If some of what is within you is ugly you need to confront it yourself - there is no need to share this ugly thing you've found with the rest of the world. The rest of the world has their own ugliness that they're trying to hide from you.

The best thing would be to share your inner thoughts and self with a person you trust and respect.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you see something you don't like, then work hard to correct it. There is no need to share it with someone else...they are not going to fix it for you. Only you can fix it....unless you're seeking comfort or advice of course.