So How Will Nicki Minaj Do Against Kanye, 11/22?

Options
P. Town
P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Is Goin to the store and coppin My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy gon help Nicki Minaj out or can she really put up a fight?

I Say maybe every 2/10 people that go cop that Ye album will pick up that Nicki Minaj and a bigger ratio vice versa.

I know somebody gon say, "Well they got two different fanbase"
Not Really, the ? community is very fond of both Kanye and Nicki Minaj, they both endorse the homosexuals

So what ya'll think?

Comments

• swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Imma cop Kanye West and Lloyd Banks CD since it comes out on the same day...
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I say 100-250k for Nicki Minaj first week....while I see Ye doing 500K plus......
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah probably only females is gont get nicky. What kinda ? gonna let himself get caught dead buying a barbie doll album LOL?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Again Young Money is hoping since so many popular Hip Hop/RnB releases come out on that day it will help Nicki. But they were better off with her having a week to herself instead of jaming her with all those releases. My original perdiction is the same. 150k, 200k is the max. KanYe will do 400-600k.

Lloyd Banks will be lucky to do anything past 75k. Akon going to do alteast 100k. Jay Z got a greatest hits album that will move close to 100k. Ye is going to be body the charts. Nicki will have a Top 5 debut though. But she ain't outselling Ye'. Ye just shut down 4 stations for his video. Nicki has the buzz but her album won't have the pop culture on lock like KanYe does.
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    not taking away from his brilliance in how he makes music but hes kinda suspect. i thinks its his ego that makes him look batty. with that said i believe TDF should be solid at worse just because it wil lbe creative.

Nicky on the other hand wouldnt surprise me either if her LP was solid she has stuff that i really like ie: her verse on monster, and stuff that i smh at when i hear it.

illl prob give them both a fair shot and go with the more listenable one
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's actually on the 23rd(Tuesday) , unless they changed it to that Monday.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    She was on the intro to the 'Runaway' film???

Anyways, 'Ye's gonna trounce her...
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know "Monster" is going to be on Ye's album but if Nicki was smart it will be on her album too. Again she will sell, I think she'll go Gold for sure when all is said and done. Platinum may be to high a hill to climb. Even Drake with a 447k opening week struggled to get to Platinum. Nicki ain't moving Drake units so Gold is the only ammount I can see right now. That's a success cause there hasn't been a Gold Female rap album in years. Ye will be Platinum before Christmas.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    them ? gonna rush the store for her cd like it's a wnba game i just don't know who else is gonna buy her cd
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Naw its 11/22 now
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know "Monster" is going to be on Ye's album but if Nicki was smart it will be on her album too. Again she will sell, I think she'll go Gold for sure when all is said and done. Platinum may be to high a hill to climb. Even Drake with a 447k opening week struggled to get to Platinum. Nicki ain't moving Drake units so Gold is the only ammount I can see right now. That's a success cause there hasn't been a Gold Female rap album in years. Ye will be Platinum before Christmas.

i doubt that much look at how much love rick ross was gettign industry wide with major radio play and he's still struggling to push gold. I'm just not so sure folks will show up to buy a female mc cd I'm probably wrong but I just don't see it. Monster a nice track but it's really not gonna push her or ye's album that far.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

I thinks it 22nd now
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Yeah, i dont see why anyone would think otherwise. Either way ill be downloading both for free. Although i havent really heard anything off Kanye's album that moved me. But im sure they are both atleast worth a listen.

Getwitcha
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ppl don't realize how big kanye's fanbase is.
    he's gonna do big numbers.
    i can't say the same about nicki though.
    there's a good chance she'll flop.
    she appeals to the younger generation and we all know that they don't buy cd's.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    ppl don't realize how big kanye's fanbase is.
    he's gonna do big numbers.
    i can't say the same about nicki though.
    there's a good chance she'll flop.
    she appeals to the younger generation and we all know that they don't buy cd's.

When you say flop what do you mean? A flop is something that doesnt live up to expectations for a particular artist. A flop for Kanye would be $250K because of how big of an artist he is, plus his past track record. If Nicki did 250K its not a flop at all because she is not that big of an artist like Kanye.

Getwitcha
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When you say flop what do you mean? A flop is something that doesnt live up to expectations for a particular artist. A flop for Kanye would be $250K because of how big of an artist he is, plus his past track record. If Nicki did 250K its not a flop at all because she is not that big of an artist like Kanye.

Getwitcha

a flop is like 50,000 to me.
    i think she'll flop.
    but that's just my opinion.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, i dont see why anyone would think otherwise. Either way ill be downloading both for free. Although i havent really heard anything off Kanye's album that moved me. But im sure they are both atleast worth a listen.

Getwitcha

682b0cebb2771531b3f463e2c0a15aaf.gif
    Unless you plan on buying the album if you really like it, you a whole ? breh
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL @ whole ? .....
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    What kinda ? gonna let himself get caught dead buying a barbie doll album LOL?

This. ? aint gonna be caught dead buying a glittery pink CD.
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options
    KanYe West 1st week sales:

College Dropout - 441k
    Late Registration - 860k
    Graduation - 957k
    808's and Heartbreak - 450k

Average 1st Week Sales: 677k

Ye going to body the Charts. He went double Platinum off an Auto-tune album. Even after the Taylor Swift incident, he's still moving Big units. He's also got "Black Friday" that week. Ye going to clean up. Nicki should of move her release date to the follow week. I see Young Money did not learn from the Drake/Eminem ish this summer.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Any man that buys Nicki Minaj over Kayne or Banks is ? .
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kayne will have the pop-tarts, Banks 'll take the streets, and Nicki will get the ? and lizzies.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nicki aint out selling kanye
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye will sell no matter what. But on the low this helps Nicki sales also . People that are coming out to buy Kanye album may also see Nicki's and pick hers up also .
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Kanye will sell no matter what. But on the low this helps Nicki sales also . People that are coming out to buy Kanye album may also see Nicki's and pick hers up also .

Doubt it. These cheap/broke muhfugas barely wanna cop one album. Two albums? Nah that ain't happening