So How Will Nicki Minaj Do Against Kanye, 11/22?

Options

Comments

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    First week sales
    Kanye 550k-650k
    Nicki 100k-200k
    Banks 50k-80k
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Doubt it. THese cheap.broke muhfugas barely wanna cop one album. Two albums? Nah that ain't happening

Lol . well considering most people that buy albums are white i am sure in some cases that may happen . You typical black fan is only gettin one album . Maybe racist but its true
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    First week sales
    Kanye 550k-650k
    Nicki 100k-200k
    Banks 50k-80k

This looks about right
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Again Young Money is hoping since so many popular Hip Hop/RnB releases come out on that day it will help Nicki. But they were better off with her having a week to herself instead of jaming her with all those releases. My original perdiction is the same. 150k, 200k is the max. KanYe will do 400-600k.

Lloyd Banks will be lucky to do anything past 75k. Akon going to do alteast 100k. Jay Z got a greatest hits album that will move close to 100k. Ye is going to be body the charts. Nicki will have a Top 5 debut though. But she ain't outselling Ye'. Ye just shut down 4 stations for his video. Nicki has the buzz but her album won't have the pop culture on lock like KanYe does.
    Its the same week, just 1 day earlier. Albums that release on Black Friday week usually tend to be released on Mondays anyway.

Of course Ye is gonna outsell her, but I don't see it being by that much. Kanye usually has a hit single..at least Top 5 coinciding with his album releases. Last album he had a #1 and a #2 I think..and only did around 450k. This time around, none of his singles are hitting home. All Nicki's singles are doing better than his. I see her passing Gold status within 2 months.

Judging by the main pop releases from last year...

First week sales for albums released on 11/23/09:
    1. Susan Boyle, "I Dreamed A Dream" - 669,000
    2. Andrea Bocelli, "My Christmas" - 215,000
    3. Adam Lambert, "For Your Entertainment" - 195,000
    4. Lady Gaga, "Fame Monster" - 181,000
    5. Rihanna, "Rated R" - 180,000

Gross sales in the month of December to the first week of January:
    - "For Your Entertainment" (Adam Lambert) sold 370,000 copies.
    - "Rated R" (Rihanna) sold 400,000 copies.
    - "Fame Monster" (Lady Gaga) sold 450,000 copies.

So with Billboard's prediction based off 125,000 copies first, the album would look like it would sell 350,000 copies in its first month...but I think 125k is way too low so i'd say at least 400k...and again, passing Gold status within 2 months.

I see....
    Boyle - 450k (2nd week)
    Kanye - 400k
    Nicki - 250k
    Justin Bieber Unplugged - 200k
    Rascall Flatts - 125k (2nd week)
    Taylor/Trailer Swift - 110k (5th week)
    Josh Groban - 100k (2nd week)
    Pink - 100k
    Kid Rock - 95k
    Ne-Yo - 90k
    Banks - 85k
    Akon - 80k
    Jay-Z - 60k
    Rihanna - 60k (3rd week)

Either way, like i've been sayin... neither will probably come in at #1 is Susan Boyle keeps her release date the week before them.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nicki will sell between 100,000 and 200,000, Kanye will sell half a million or more.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Susan Boyle still making albums?
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Susan Boyle still making albums?

I just saw that her 2009 release was the highest selling of the year.
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    She did 3 million in 5 weeks last year...crazy. I don't see her selling as much as last year but she's still gonna ether the charts.
  • dj expanium
    edited October 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    She did 3 million in 5 weeks last year...crazy. I don't see her selling as much as last year but she's still gonna ether the charts.

You never know though!!!!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye will do 500,000 - 600,000 plus imo. As for Nicki, i don't she is as popular as some of yall think, they are tryna market her like Lady Gaga but white America aint buying that nonsense, i think she will gold in total. If Drake barely scratched platinum, what makes yall think Nicki is doing platinum or big numbers.She will do 200,000 first week and do a 50 Cent like slow roll to gold.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kanye will do 500,000 - 600,000 plus imo. As for Nicki, i don't she is as popular as some of yall think, they are tryna market her like Lady Gaga but white America aint buying that nonsense, i think she will gold in total. If Drake barely scratched platinum, what makes yall think Nicki is doing platinum or big numbers.She will do 200,000 first week and do a 50 Cent like slow roll to gold.

Co-Sign...
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We'll see in 5 weeks. I don't see how people predict Kanye to do #'s like 600k when none of his singles can spend more than 2 weeks inside the Top 40. That much hype just isn't there.
  • dj expanium
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How many of y'all are going to physically purchase Pink Friday?
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Buying physical copies off Amazon or BestBuy.com >>>
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We'll see in 5 weeks. I don't see how people predict Kanye to do #'s like 600k when none of his singles can spend more than 2 weeks inside the Top 40. That much hype just isn't there.

Kanye isn't a singles driven artist like a Flo Ridah, he is a complete artist and has a fanbase. Top 40 and radio doesn't neccessarilly translate to album sales, see Jay Sean, Flo Ridah, Pitbull, etc.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No competition

Kanye>>>
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cham is delusional
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Cham is delusional

hell yeah.
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Top 40 and radio doesn't neccessarilly translate to album sales.
    For Kanye it does. He's not a single-driven artist but its a fact that when his singles perform good he has higher first week sales and the more his albums sell in total.

Don't see how a Kanye album with a mulit-week #1 is gonna sell less than a Kanye album with no Top 10s. You're crazy if you don't think singles effect album sales.

Cham is delusional
    Delusional how? What's hyping up this album? GOOD Friday leaks? Lmao. Be serious. 500k max, and that's being generous.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol please.....
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Are we arguing about sales being necessary to move units? If so someone bring up the Jay Z stats
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For Kanye it does. He's not a single-driven artist but its a fact that when his singles perform good he has higher first week sales and the more his albums sell in total.

Don't see how a Kanye album with a mulit-week #1 is gonna sell less than a Kanye album with no Top 10s. You're crazy if you don't think singles effect album sales.

Delusional how? What's hyping up this album? GOOD Friday leaks? Lmao. Be serious. 500k max, and that's being generous.

Girl, Kanye just shut down 4 National TV stations on some Michael Jackson ? for this album, you would be silly to think Nicki Minaj coud even compete with that kind of promotion
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options

Girl, Kanye just shut down 4 National TV stations on some Michael Jackson ? for this album, you would be silly to think Nicki Minaj coud even compete with that kind of promotion
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

lmao.............
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Ha !