Just finished Avatar The Last Airbender series

Options
kingofbama205
kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
That show was deep...One of the best Cartoon series I've ever seen..I decided to watch it after I saw the film 1st..I enjoyed the movie but everyone ? on it, and now I see why...The Cartoon series was great the Action was intense, that last battle between Aang/Firelord was super tight..and Zuko/Azula was a crazy battle as well..The characters in this series were done so well, They really bulit them up and showed there Weaknesses as well as there Strengths...Toph was my favorite character that little girl was a badass...It had Funny moments as well, Zuko's uncle Iroh was hilarious it's sad Mako died before they finished the third season. I'd put this right under DBZ as my favorite cartoon series ever

Comments

• Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Co-sign. I haven't watched the movie yet but the show is one of my favorites. I think season 3 had a lot of filler episodes.
    Zuko is my favorite, great background story. I think he develops the most throughout the show. I don't like his girlfriend. I would have liked a Zuko/Katara hookup.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i loved this series the movie.....smh.....you know their making a mini series based on another avatar named kora a waterbender chick
    Neslo dont watch the movie......dont do it..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    i loved this series the movie.....smh.....you know their making a mini series based on another avatar named kora a waterbender chick
    Neslo dont watch the movie......dont do it..

When is this supposed to drop?

And co-sign on the movie being worse than ass cheeks. I tried to watch it online, but I literally couldn't take more than 10 minutes of it; and that was just trying to watch the beginning.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When is this supposed to drop?

And co-sign on the movie being worse than ass cheeks. I tried to watch it online, but I literally couldn't take more than 10 minutes of it; and that was just trying to watch the beginning.

Nov 2011... im actually kinda disapponted in this I dont feel like Aang's story is done
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Nov 2011... im actually kinda disapponted in this I dont feel like Aang's story is done

Well it'll also have Aang's and Katara's son so they may show what happened to Aang and his friends after the end.

Classic series.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    C/S with TS. That series was the ? . Great character and storyline development for a cartoon. I still watch it every now and then. Book 3 was the best of out all three chapters, IMO. My fav characters were Zuko and Toph.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I can't believe how bad the movie was. It was so easy to get right. The show gave him everything he needed and he totally screwed it up. One of the worst movies of all time.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well it'll also have Aang's and Katara's son so they may show what happened to Aang and his friends after the end.

Classic series.

I hear ya...Really I wanna know what happened to Zuko's moms...
  • DrMindbender122
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I read that pretty much everyone from Aang's adventures have died off. It is hinted that Azula might still be alive, though. She'd have to be in her late 80's by the time "The Legend of Korra" picks up, though. It's also hinted that the Air Nomads have made a comeback from extinction.

As far as the live action movie, let's hope they get it right for Books 2 and 3. At least Azula will be in it; pretty hard to ? up a teenage psychopath in a movie, but ya never know.

Guess I'm among the minority that didn't think the movie was that bad. Then again, I made the mistake of seeing the movie while being an occasional watcher of the series. After I'd seen the movie, I made it a point to watch the series from start to finish. So yeah...now I can see what all the ? was about.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Guess I'm among the minority that didn't think the movie was that bad. Then again, I made the mistake of seeing the movie while being an occasional watcher of the series. After I'd seen the movie, I made it a point to watch the series from start to finish. So yeah...now I can see what all the ? was about.

Yeah this what happened w/ me...I saw the movie 1st, and I didn't think it was that bad, then I started watching the Series...and now I realize why the movie is considered bad..some parts of the story were changed for no reason..like the Avatar not being able to have a family, that was uncalled for in the movie.

I hope the 2nd series "The Legend of Korra" is as good as the 1st but I know it'll be hard to top it.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One of Nicks best shows most def, but i have not seen the movie and sure as hell dont want to
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My friend thinks the Movie was one of the greatest ever made.
    wtf wrong with that ? son??? i loved the show my son and I watched it all. that movie should not have been done the way it was. I hope the next installment is better. I mean the TV gave u a great plot so the rest should be easy.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im pretty damn old and I thought that was one pretty good cartoon, to be american made cartoon aimed at a younger audience and not an anime geered towards adults. didnt know about the the legend of kora. cant wait to see it.
  • whatevathehell
    edited October 2010
    Options
    to be honest they could have expanded the upon the original series and could have really made a dbz type dynasty but I guessed they didnt want to go in that direction.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    to be honest they could have expanded the upon the original series and could have really made a dbz type dynasty but I guessed they didnt want to go in that direction.

Nah, they accomplished what they set out to do: Reveal the current avatar, have him master the elements and ultimately defeat the Fire Lord.\ and bring about peace. If they kept going, the ? would have felt like a giant arc of fillers...kinda like DBZ (even tho I loved the series for the most part) lol.

Now that I think about, wtf was the point of DBZ after the Frieza arc...seriously?
  • DrMindbender122
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nah, they accomplished what they set out to do: Reveal the current avatar, have him master the elements and ultimately defeat the Fire Lord.\ and bring about peace. If they kept going, the ? would have felt like a giant arc of fillers...kinda like DBZ (even tho I loved the series for the most part) lol.

Now that I think about, wtf was the point of DBZ after the Frieza arc...seriously?

After the Frieza arc, the point was to have Gohan surpass Goku and become the hero of the series; hence why Gohan went SS2 & beat Cell, while Goku died. There was a HUGE uproar over this in Japan. So much to the point where Goku was brought back from Otherworld and reinstated as the main hero during the "Buu" saga.

I will agree with u that the creators of "Avatar: The Last Air ? " complished what they wanted and did what so many other series don't have the nerve to do: they ended the series the best way that they probably could have and didn't keep it going past it's prime.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wonder what happened to zukos mom tho at the end he questions his father...then it ends
  • whatevathehell
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wonder what happened to zukos mom tho at the end he questions his father...then it ends

................................and ? dont yall wanna know what happened to the firelord and his daughter. the creators seriously missed out on a money making cash cow here. they coulda showed these ? growing up and everything.
  • yaboytheflashh
    yaboytheflashh Members Posts: 549
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the show was good but the movie was garbo. dbz was garbo too. as a 10 year old dbz look cool, but watching it now, the plots suck
  • JazznJazz
    JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like the cartoon series more than the movie.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The cartoon series rocked, the movie pretty much broke my heart, I thought a few of the characters were miscast.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I always thought that the Zuko/Azula battle was better than Aang and Ozai's fight. Let's hope that the next animated series and the next two installments in the live action movie can measure up to the original animated series.
  • *beautifulmentality*
    *beautifulmentality* Members Posts: 58
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That show was deep...One of the best Cartoon series I've ever seen..I decided to watch it after I saw the film 1st..I enjoyed the movie but everyone ? on it, and now I see why...The Cartoon series was great the Action was intense, that last battle between Aang/Firelord was super tight..and Zuko/Azula was a crazy battle as well..The characters in this series were done so well, They really bulit them up and showed there Weaknesses as well as there Strengths...Toph was my favorite character that little girl was a badass...It had Funny moments as well, Zuko's uncle Iroh was hilarious it's sad Mako died before they finished the third season. I'd put this right under DBZ as my favorite cartoon series ever

Avatar the Last Airbender was one of the best anime cartoons PERIOD
    it makes sense and the storyline is crazy!!
    Now the movie that camed out this summer was........bogus (basically the actors sucked WTF)
    but the show was great one of my favorites
    :)
  • *beautifulmentality*
    *beautifulmentality* Members Posts: 58
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I always thought that the Zuko/Azula battle was better than Aang and Ozai's fight. Let's hope that the next animated series and the next two installments in the live action movie can measure up to the original animated series.

yeah I hope so too

the Zuko/Azula battle was bananas that ? Azula is ? crazy
    but overall the show was G-R-E-A-T
    I wish M. Night Shymalan stop ? up with the movie though
    lol