Just finished Avatar The Last Airbender series

2»

Comments

• not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Nah, they accomplished what they set out to do: Reveal the current avatar, have him master the elements and ultimately defeat the Fire Lord.\ and bring about peace. If they kept going, the ? would have felt like a giant arc of fillers...kinda like DBZ (even tho I loved the series for the most part) lol.

Now that I think about, wtf was the point of DBZ after the Frieza arc...seriously?

Akira Toriyama WANTED to end DBZ with the Frieza Saga. His original intention was for Goku to become a Super Saiyan, beat Frieza, and die in the explosion that destroyed Namek.

But the series had become so popular in Japan at that point that Toei Animation wasn't about to give up on their cash cow, so DBZ continued on. This is what led to the ridiculous power levels we started seeing in DBZ after the Frieza Saga. By the time it got to the Buu Saga, the Z-Fighters had gotten so powerful that they were far more powerful even than their own gods, and at that point Toriyama could make his case to end DBZ because there was nowhere else to go with the story.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just RE-watched this it's such a dope series.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hates the first episode but i got sucked in and ended up loving the series, i even give korra some props
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kora was the ? too, man this thread old ...I wish they'd put the entire series on Netflix