Options
    Im tired of u white people making threads about the black community

make threads about your own
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Word.. that was a great discussion..
    I like the other discussion with Neil Degrasse Tyson.. .

its crazy and I always wonder why black folks are afraid of atheism.... ..so it makes sense. The black church is soo deeply embed in every avenue of our society that it only makes since from a pragmatic perspective to use the churches resources. Its like the grown man giving the kids candy... and telling them that their life will be hopeless without it... in the mean time.. heres a slide and a swing set... and some hotwheels.. lol

If more black atheist would come out of the closet then It wont be so hard for others. Another thing that I noticed with my fam and others, is that blacks (in general) cling to their gods.... No matter if it doesnt make sense , they do anything to accommodate the nonsensical. .... it might mean to abandon Christianity for another religion or abandon religion and become "spiritual" .... whatever it takes to accommodate this belief in a supreme being.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Christianity doesnt consider anybody to be inferior, I see where youre going with that line of thought. Just a suggestion. IMO though Humans havent been around long enough to know all the workings and outer workings in regard to alot of things on our own planet, more so I truely dont trust most mainstream Scientist because most of their research and papers are biased based upon who's giveing them funding and what that sponsor's motivation actually is.

For instance Scientist since the 70's have known cars could run on WATER, but the funding was not there and BIG OIL would have none of it.

The ENTIRE WORLD could have had FREE ENERGY since the 1920's Nicola Tesla (who I consider to be the Greatest Scientist of All Time) had proven this way back then but and JP Morgan killed his funding because there was no way to Profit from everybody getting Energy absolutely free.

So you see there's Alot of Fuckery with the issue of "science" and what they want you to know and what really is going on.

damn the bolded is a powerful post

normally I'd just expect you to drop some conspiracy ? on here, but this is provocative speech

petrodollars will ultimately be part of the reason there will be WW3 if it happens

too many mofos got their economies dependent on the economic rent of oil production
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

normally I'd just expect you to drop some conspiracy ? on here, but this is provocative speech

petrodollars will ultimately be part of the reason there will be WW3 if it happens

too many mofos got their economies dependent on the economic rent of oil production

Peep that vid called Death of the Electric Car, it sheds a ton of light on the topic. Not only could by now in 2010 we would have been Gas Free, we will also could have saved a ton of jobs up in Detroit because Saturn was the first to mass produce them for CA residents only. Its disgusting how Big Oil shut the whole thing down on something that was actually make the country Gas Free.
  • The_Introvert
    The_Introvert Members Posts: 796
    edited October 2010
    Options

People may have an agenda in the way science is applied does that mean we have to throw the baby out with the bathwater? ? don't really value scientific principles enough to even make the judgement on whats whats politically motivated vs. genuine scientific research and application.

So now we throw away logical deduction for a pie in the sky reality written in a book by people who claim to hear from ? himself?

C'mon bruh, LETS GET REAL.
  • BrownSkNBeauty
    BrownSkNBeauty Members Posts: 60
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im the only black person in most of my astronomy classes. its really sad when you try to have a conversation with a fellow black person and they dont know ? . like ill b like yea this planet, that star, this galaxy and they still be stuck on ? creating everything in 7 days and ? . im like you still believe that??!?
    the scientific community (along with everyone else) is laughing at the stupidity of the black race. we need to step our science game WAYYY up
  • The_Introvert
    The_Introvert Members Posts: 796
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im the only black person in most of my astronomy classes. its really sad when you try to have a conversation with a fellow black person and they dont know ? . like ill b like yea this planet, that star, this galaxy and they still be stuck on ? creating everything in 7 days and ? . im like you still believe that??!?
    the scientific community (along with everyone else) is laughing at the stupidity of the black race. we need to step our science game WAYYY up

Not just black people but Americans in general but yeah we drag behind everyone else to a large degree.
  • BrownSkNBeauty
    BrownSkNBeauty Members Posts: 60
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not just black people but Americans in general but yeah we drag behind everyone else to a large degree.

well i only singled out black people to stay relevant to the topic. but yea us americans n general are pretty stupid. its not our fault entirely though. i feel like with less religion and more emphasis on science and other educational (logical) subjects we COULD be smarter
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    People may have an agenda in the way science is applied does that mean we have to throw the baby out with the bathwater? ? don't really value scientific principles enough to even make the judgement on whats whats politically motivated vs. genuine scientific research and application.

So now we throw away logical deduction for a pie in the sky reality written in a book by people who claim to hear from ? himself?

C'mon bruh, LETS GET REAL.

champ I hear you no doubt

all I'm saying is Lu gotta a point about how sometimes scientific studies can be biased when you throw the effect of economic incentive in the situation

nobody is disputing the idea that science has a legitimate application, but that doesn't mean that there aren't limitations and that we should ignore the fact that sometimes scientific analysis can be used in a biased way

think about how mofos used the precepts of evolution as a justification for the continued enslavement of Africans........................scientific bias :shrugs
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm quite frustrated with my people personally, the religious ones. What frustrates me is mfs don't take accountability for their ? , they keep thinking Morgan Freeman aka ? is in the sky on some chess ? , take credit and blame for what you do in life and stop using that ? WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS nonsense. The shear rationale of these people thinking is off, why do people ignore blatant contradictions and logical fallacies. It keeps people ignorant imo, and that's how you control people when you have them scared to question ? .

I think alot of the problems within the black community stems from the false sense that we think we need leadership and this monolithic mentality. We need more free thinkers and progressive people!
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Christianity doesnt consider anybody to be inferior,
    I'm gonna have to stop you right there.

First of all, Christianity teaches that if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will be burning in a lake of fire for all eternity. This does not expressly use the phrase "inferior people" but be real, son. Christianity has a totalitarian worldview.

Second, the Bible endorses slavery in two ways. First, explicitly. The Bible says that it is perfectly okay to have slaves and you can even beat the ? out of them, as long as you don't ? them. If you ? them, you have to pay a FINE. I'm not joking. I can quote the verses for you if you like, or you can very easily look it up yourself. The second way the Bible endorses slavery is implicit in the Lord/worshiper dynamic. ? is described as a king, not a democratically elected leader. You must worship him or you are an infidel. You must serve him or face his wrath. You must obey or be punished. This is a master/slave relationship.
    IMO though Humans havent been around long enough to know all the workings and outer workings in regard to alot of things on our own planet,
    We know how the planet works because we've examined it. We've observed and experimented with it. That's how science finds things out.
    more so I truely dont trust most mainstream Scientist because most of their research and papers are biased based upon who's giveing them funding and what that sponsor's motivation actually is.
    That's a great point to make about the corporate takeover of science (and everything else) but you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. You're going to give up on all of science because of some corruption? What sponsor is making money off gravity? Magnetism? Or any of the other basic things science has discovered?
    For instance Scientist since the 70's have known cars could run on WATER, but the funding was not there and BIG OIL would have none of it.
    1. Hydraulics. The hydraulics in your car run on... hydro. Water. Your engine doesn't run on it because it's not nearly as efficient or powerful as gasoline.

2. BIG WATER. Giant companies buy the entire freshwater supply of third-world countries and do what they will with them. If they could make an engine that would perform better than a traditional one, they would.
    The ENTIRE WORLD could have had FREE ENERGY
    Energy cannot be free. Physics doesn't work that way, on the macroscopic level at least.
    Nicola Tesla (who I consider to be the Greatest Scientist of All Time)
    Darwin discovered the true origin of the human race. Tesla did not.
    had proven this way back then but and JP Morgan killed his funding because there was no way to Profit from everybody getting Energy absolutely free.
    Tesla was robbed of his ideas by Thomas Edison. There was no conspiracy to destroy his work, as far as anyone outside the internet conspiracy world knows.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    think about how mofos used the precepts of evolution as a justification for the continued enslavement of Africans.......................

Slavery ended in England before Darwin.

Slavery ended in the US before Americans became familiar with Darwin.

So, to be frank, what the ? are you talking about?

Even today, the most racist Southern slavery-apologists also don't believe in evolution. The redneck part-time klansman who gives you that stare when you drive through an old sundown town... you think he actually believes in evolution?
  • Shuffington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thread wouldve been better served in GNS.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Great post...

Great points made in the video.

Alot of blacks stick with religion though for alot of the same reasons as other races, because they are afraid to leave it and were taught not to question it. And then like someone already said you have certain blacks who aren't religious in the sense of being a Christian, Muslim, etc... but flock to fairy tale sciences because they don't trust white people who are the majority of scientist.

And to duke talkin about the electric car, that doesn't make scientist liars or untrustworthy. They figured out how and openly told people cars could be run on hydrogen. Just as they did with things like solar power, hydro power, etc... They were paid to develop other ways to run things also, Oil and other fossil fuels are the cash cows so governments and big business decided to implement them. At the time Oil was discovered and started being used for everything, even coal burning and ? in the start of the industrial revolution, nobody knew the effects it would end up having on the planet.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Christianity doesnt consider anybody to be inferior, I see where youre going with that line of thought. Just a suggestion. IMO though Humans havent been around long enough to know all the workings and outer workings in regard to alot of things on our own planet, more so I truely dont trust most mainstream Scientist because most of their research and papers are biased based upon who's giveing them funding and what that sponsor's motivation actually is.

The ENTIRE WORLD could have had FREE ENERGY since the 1920's Nicola Tesla (who I consider to be the Greatest Scientist of All Time) had proven this way back then but and JP Morgan killed his funding because there was no way to Profit from everybody getting Energy absolutely free.

So you see there's Alot of Fuckery with the issue of "science" and what they want you to know and what really is going on.

not my point at all fam...

my point was that the religion was forced on them by people who at the time did in fact consider them to be inferior
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thread wouldve been better served in GNS.

Yeah, thanks mods. People were clearly interested in this convo in GNS and now it will either die in this ? room or it will only be posted in by complete lunatics.

I'm snitchin'.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Roman Catholic Church which White people across the Globe subscribe 2 can be charged with the same accusations.

Question: Why are you so fascinated with black people and their plight?

why arent black people fascinated by their own plight is the REAL question...
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    why arent black people fascinated by their own plight is the REAL question...

becuz lil wayne isnt rapping about it...or it isnt posted under a pic of jay z and beyonce...take your pick
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    becuz lil wayne isnt rapping about it...or it isnt posted under a pic of jay z and beyonce...take your pick

that about sums it up..

i stop givin a ? not too long ago.. and im black..
    i cant be mad for them.. if they wanna sit stew and pray to a jew thats on them.. they deserve everything that happens to them..
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited October 2010
    Options

The funding does not exist for water-fueled cars because the idea is ? . These cars attempt to produce a net energy profit from splitting water into its hydrogen and oxygen components then combing them back together. The combination step does produce energy but the splitting step requires energy. No idea has ever shown any promise and several of the people that brought them forward were eventually convicted of fraud.

Tesla was an amazing intellect but he never developed 'free' energy. He did develop a wireless transmission system. A Tesla Coil can project an electrical field around it that will power devices but someone still has to produce the power using convential means.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna have to stop you right there.

First of all, Christianity teaches that if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will be burning in a lake of fire for all eternity. This does not expressly use the phrase "inferior people" but be real, son. Christianity has a totalitarian worldview.

Second, the Bible endorses slavery in two ways. First, explicitly. The Bible says that it is perfectly okay to have slaves and you can even beat the ? out of them, as long as you don't ? them. If you ? them, you have to pay a FINE. I'm not joking. I can quote the verses for you if you like, or you can very easily look it up yourself. The second way the Bible endorses slavery is implicit in the Lord/worshiper dynamic. ? is described as a king, not a democratically elected leader. You must worship him or you are an infidel. You must serve him or face his wrath. You must obey or be punished. This is a master/slave relationship.

We know how the planet works because we've examined it. We've observed and experimented with it. That's how science finds things out.

That's a great point to make about the corporate takeover of science (and everything else) but you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. You're going to give up on all of science because of some corruption? What sponsor is making money off gravity? Magnetism? Or any of the other basic things science has discovered?1. Hydraulics. The hydraulics in your car run on... hydro. Water. Your engine doesn't run on it because it's not nearly as efficient or powerful as gasoline.

2. BIG WATER. Giant companies buy the entire freshwater supply of third-world countries and do what they will with them. If they could make an engine that would perform better than a traditional one, they would.

Energy cannot be free. Physics doesn't work that way, on the macroscopic level at least.

Darwin discovered the true origin of the human race. Tesla did not.

Tesla was robbed of his ideas by Thomas Edison. There was no conspiracy to destroy his work, as far as anyone outside the internet conspiracy world knows.

Thats the whole point you have no idea how much other stuff they could have had/have to better the Human Race and if Tesla which he did have a way to give EVERYBODY FREE ENERGY in the 20's then your as in the dark as the people you claim to be ignorant. Just sayin. Also nobody said there was a conspiracy to destroy his work LOL JP Morgan simply pulled out once he realized there was no money to be made in FREE ENERGY, and if in some way you think JP Morgan wasnt abt makein money then I think you need to do a little more research on him.

Darwin????????????? He's a joke IMO and his theories are just that theory. Unproven.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thats the whole point you have no idea how much other stuff they could have had/have to better the Human Race
    Think about how your logic would hold up in court.

"Your honor, this man could have committed all kinds of crimes! Murder, ? , robbery... we just don't know, so you must convict him!"

Baby and the bathwater, dude.
    Tesla blah blah blah
    There is no such thing as free energy and I know quite a bit about Tesla, thank you very much. See Whar67's post on that as well.

Darwin????????????? He's a joke IMO and his theories are just that theory. Unproven.
    This ignorance is what the video is all about. Evolution is more proven than gravity. Why are blacks so unaware or unwilling to learn this? This matter is discussed in the video.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is an ignorance that affects white fundamentalist Christians as well. Scientific literacy needs to improved. People need to understand what the word theory means when applied to science. People need to be educated on the scientific method.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Skeratch wrote: »
    This is an ignorance that affects white fundamentalist Christians as well.

White Christians do not have racial motivations for distrusting "white science."

Which is why the issue discussed in the Howard debate is what it is.
  • Shuffington
    edited October 2010
    Options

whattt??

lol