Science versus Religion in the Black Community

12346»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    so they embrace a religion that was forced on them by their slave masters that actually did consider them to be inferior....

BRILLIANT!!!

Lovely post.........Black people embracing a religion that glorifies slavery and also took from the evil slave masters is JUST AS BAD, if not worse than embracing science and logic above all.

You're a smart man, unlike the many "Black Power" Negroes who are the same people to embrace a clown religion that loves slavery, like Christianity. Ya'll ? know who ya'll are!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2010
    Word.. that was a great discussion..
    I like the other discussion with Neil Degrasse Tyson.. .

its crazy and I always wonder why black folks are afraid of atheism.... ..so it makes sense. The black church is soo deeply embed in every avenue of our society that it only makes since from a pragmatic perspective to use the churches resources. Its like the grown man giving the kids candy... and telling them that their life will be hopeless without it... in the mean time.. heres a slide and a swing set... and some hotwheels.. lol

If more black atheist would come out of the closet then It wont be so hard for others. Another thing that I noticed with my fam and others, is that blacks (in general) cling to their gods.... No matter if it doesnt make sense , they do anything to accommodate the nonsensical. .... it might mean to abandon Christianity for another religion or abandon religion and become "spiritual" .... whatever it takes to accommodate this belief in a supreme being.

I'm glad so many Black people in this thread realize what a complete fuckery religion is.

Once again, shame on any Black man and woman who loves Black power but embraces the religion of slave masters. HAHAHAHAHA......some of ya'll are ? idiots, names will not be named.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2010
    Prove we came from monkeys? Oh no thats right they were special monkeys that ass ? some other ? monkeys that dont exist anymore and then Humans came along...................... ?

The Sumerians had a better grip on how Life was started than the ? story Darwin gave you guys.

Human beings and primates have a COMMON ANCESTOR......we did not literally come from monkeys. I dont know why people always mistake the truths in evolution, which is more proven than gravity by the way.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Sorry KingBlaze can't go with you on this one.

How do we explain the fact most Black scientist and professionials in the past and present are Christian? George Washington Carver was a Muslim. Most of the famous Black inventors at the turn of the century were Christian. So this whole argument is bogus. Most Black Colleges were organized and founded by black Christians.

Lewis Latimer was a founding member of a church denomination.

The undisputed fact is The greatest mass movements and progressive and productive ones have been led by religious men. Martin Luther King, Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad, Noble Drew Ali were all religious. The Civil rights Movement was led by religious men. The Black Power movement was started and influenced by religious men.

Until a Black atheist can show, not talk, demonstrable proof that their way is good or productive for Black people as a whole then maybe I'll listen but in the meantime they should sit down, shut the ? up, and listen. Atheists have been no better than Religious Christians, Muslims, and Jews who misuse religion to exploit the masses.
    Marcus Garvey had to constantly son and shun Black Atheist communist because they were turning out to be stooges and flunkies for their masters in Moscow.
    who were bent on using Black people as revolutionary expendables.

Malcolm X was transformed by religion. You can't big up Malcolm and deny his foundation. Sorry.

The Ancient Egyptians, Nubians, and Sumerians were religious people. It is not in the Nature of History of Black people not to acknowledge the Creator and conduct a religious life.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    How do we explain the fact most Black scientist and professionials in the past and present are Christian?
    How do you support that assertion? You don't. LOL
    George Washington Carver was a Muslim.
    False, but it doesn't matter to me which superstition he believed in.
    The Civil rights Movement was led by religious men.
    This claim is challenged in the debate. King was constantly complaining that the black churches were too cowardly to support the movement. He was constantly criticized for having too many secular friends.

But then Reverend Al and Messy Jessie came along with their revisionist history.
    The Ancient Egyptians, Nubians, and Sumerians were religious people.
    And they usually lived to be about 25 because they relied on superstition rather than medical science. Their teeth rotted out the insides of their skulls because they didn't know bacteria existed. They enslaved people, treated women as inferiors, and slaughtered each other in the name of their empires and their non-existent deities.

They're not role models to be looked up to. They're tragic peoples.
    everybody was christian blah blah blah
    It's the world's most popular religion and it has an aggressive recruiting policy. It has been systematically oppressing (yup, get mad about the word choice) free thinkers for centuries.
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    How do you support that assertion? You don't. LOL

Well it is not that difficult because A) I know my history better than you B) I know my people better than you and C) There have been more than enough religious studies done, that show that blacks hands down are the most religious group in the US. It is not that hard to find the connection between Blacks and religion at the turn of the century.
    False, but it doesn't matter to me which superstition he believed in.

Contradicts above request for assertion.

This claim is challenged in the debate. King was constantly complaining that the black churches were too cowardly to support the movement. He was constantly criticized for having too many secular friends.

Hogwash. Most of King's associates were Christians. He had some secular advisors, the Black Church was the launch pad for the Movement and the foot soldiers were Christians.

It was the Black Church that provided him a platform and his steez was unabashedly, scripturally Christian, with a little help from The Funky Hindu.

And they usually lived to be about 25 because they relied on superstition rather than medical science. Their teeth rotted out the insides of their skulls because they didn't know bacteria existed. They enslaved people, treated women as inferiors, and slaughtered each other in the name of their empires and their non-existent deities.

Who you talking about the Greeks?

Have you been to West Virginia
    They're not role models to be looked up to. They're tragic peoples.

LOL. No more tragic than you. Scientists are still studying precepts of their civilization that have them baffled. When you become a carcass, no one will even know you existed.

It's the world's most popular religion and it has an aggressive recruiting policy. It has been systematically oppressing (yup, get mad about the word choice) free thinkers for centuries.

This is true. Especially for the White Christians. Black Christians in America have no such history. In fact, Black Christians, Muslims, and Hebrews have lived among each other in relative peace. They don't have the same blood ? as their counterparts in Europe, Asia, and Africa, except when you all come in and try to stir up emnity. Because that is what you all do. The truth is you atheist are just as kooky as your racist religious brethren. The only difference you hide it in other philosophies. You ? , colonize, ? , and pillage too.
    It's not so much your ideology, it's your mindset which you can get past.

Show me an atheist or "free thinking" movement that has advanced the cause of black people in America more productively and substantial than "religion".

Black people should embrace science. They just shouldn't follow the application used by primarily Caucasian overlords which is bereft of any social or moral constraints, and is death wielding in nature.

? your philosophy, how do you treat people ? ?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Notice that instead of backing up his claims, And Step merely repeats them.

I stay sonning this ? .
  • And Step
    edited October 2010

I stay sonning this ? .

At some point it becomes useless with you. All the claims, I made are easily verifiable. Backing them up for your benefit is a waste of time. I provided direct quotes, pictures, and whatever else and you still resist. Most of it you already know. You're just trolling. That's cool. I just post it for people who may not know that you are trying to deceive.
    it's working too, because many have let me know privately and publicly they checked out what I said and found out it was true. So, it's all good. I asked you to show me one atheist movement and you couldn't, so you play the distraction role. It's cool.

I have no interest in playing tag with a ? unless it is something I have quick access to it that I would like to share.

And the sun has never set on the day you have sonned me. You're just not equipped enough. White Boys who don't respect the Sovereign nature of our Universe are already short circuited. I don't lose to atheist. I smack them ? up on the regular.
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    And for the record, my brothers. Faith is real.

Faith got us through the Middle Passage, Generational Chattel Slavery, Jim Crow, etc. It wasn't scientific knowledge. We didn't know anything. Your great grandma praying and holding on that change would come. Take a look around the Western Hemisphere. Many people that were here before the advent of the "Stranger" are no longer here. Whole populations decimated. The Arawak, Carib and others were put through what you went through and they died off. It wasn't science and free thinkers that saved you.

When a baby comes out the ? , it instinctively know that it is to suck on the breast even though it has never done that before. How does it know? How does it know that it will be rewarded with nourishment even though it has never did that before? Scientist call it an inborn reflex. It's faith. Because it has faith and knows that it should be rewarded for it's effort in trying to pull on the breast.

Scientists are no different. They don't start with absolute knowledge. They experiment based on what they have and sometimes they are successful and sometimes they lose their lives, but they continue with the hope and faith that one day they will find the answer.

Faith shouldn't be used as a shield for the ignorant and cowardly to remain stationary and stagnant, but as a tool advance into uncharted territory to extract internally and externally all the blessings the Universe has to offer.

The Universe is like a breast. Let's start pulling.............
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited October 2010

I stay sonning this ? .

You do the exact same thing.

lets see you back up your claim of the universe creating itself

Well that's why he said TXmade is staying himself.

Man........I couldn't resist...it's been a long time.

somebody misses me
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Sorry KingBlaze can't go with you on this one.

How do we explain the fact most Black scientist and professionials in the past and present are Christian? George Washington Carver was a Muslim. Most of the famous Black inventors at the turn of the century were Christian. So this whole argument is bogus. Most Black Colleges were organized and founded by black Christians.

Lewis Latimer was a founding member of a church denomination.

The undisputed fact is The greatest mass movements and progressive and productive ones have been led by religious men. Martin Luther King, Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad, Noble Drew Ali were all religious. The Civil rights Movement was led by religious men. The Black Power movement was started and influenced by religious men.

Until a Black atheist can show, not talk, demonstrable proof that their way is good or productive for Black people as a whole then maybe I'll listen but in the meantime they should sit down, shut the ? up, and listen. Atheists have been no better than Religious Christians, Muslims, and Jews who misuse religion to exploit the masses.
    Marcus Garvey had to constantly son and shun Black Atheist communist because they were turning out to be stooges and flunkies for their masters in Moscow.
    who were bent on using Black people as revolutionary expendables.

Malcolm X was transformed by religion. You can't big up Malcolm and deny his foundation. Sorry.

The Ancient Egyptians, Nubians, and Sumerians were religious people. It is not in the Nature of History of Black people not to acknowledge the Creator and conduct a religious life.

I was gonna Add something but, this Basicly Summarize wat I would say about that Matter.................CoSign Homie
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Until a Black atheist can show, not talk, demonstrable proof that their way is good or productive for Black people as a whole then maybe I'll listen but in the meantime they should sit down, shut the ? up, and listen.

I think their needs to be an alternative to the black church. imo this is the first ever panel discussion focused on blacks an atheism that I have ever seen. Its not to many available resources in our community that will broach this topic. So this is fairly a new discovery. Black people dont want to acknowledge that they are atheist because 1. the religious fundamentalist have done a great job creating the us vs them doctrine and branding anyone with beliefs outside the norm as a heretic , 2. White people are the only people that are known as atheist... so n*ggas aint tryna go down that route even if it makes sense. and 3. its just too easy to accommodate a mystery ? whether you switch religions, turn spiritual or redefine ? all together... its soo convenient not to have to challenge yourself. So this whole idea of blacks an atheism will take time.

But, One of the panelist did discuss how some of our leaders and liberators werent necessarily 100% religious, but from a pragmatic perspective , utilized the churches resources in a gain for civil rights. The Black church is a powerful tool and atheism is the antithesis. Trust... its alot of closest atheist around here but atheism is just a void of belief... so their arent any churches, mosque, temples or synagogues for groups of atheist to attend.... that wouldn't make sense anyway.

there needs to be a new approach.... one bent on not fighting fire with fire.... but... fighting fire with water... removing all dogmatism, irrational thought, and supernatural hocus pocus and replacing it with critical thinking, reason and a system of checks and balances that will attempt to improve human well-being.