Thoughts on this video...

Options
ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited October 2010 in The Social Lounge

Seen this on yahoo. The video is from a Charlie Chaplan premier event. In the video there appears to be a woman talking on a cell phone. Most of you know by now I don't believe in anything lol, but this ? got me scratching my head. It's clear that she has something held up to her ear, and it's clear that she is talking. At first I thought maybe she was just touching her hat but the close ups clearly shows something there. Then I was like "Nah, she talking to the guy with her", but watching his actions the entire way through it's unlikely they are there together nor are they talking to one another.

Obviously a cell phone couldn't function in 1928 but I still think it's an interesting video, I'm intrigued as to what the object is now.

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I couldn't see anything in her hand, nor could I clearly see that she was talking.

Maybe she was talking to herself? Dementia and Schizophrenia weren't really understood as well back then.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That ? scratching the side of her head talking to herself.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    I couldn't see anything in her hand, nor could I clearly see that she was talking.

Maybe she was talking to herself? Dementia and Schizophrenia weren't really understood as well back then.

:54-:56 there is clearly something in her hand pressed against her ear.

And the mouth is clearly visible moving at that time frame
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    movies made in the 1920's and 30's always seem to creep me out a little. People seemed so wierd back. lol. But yeah I can see why this movie is getting all the buzz. Its clearly showing a women talking on a device. My question is; why is this just now being pointed out? It took all these years for someone to point that out? Perhaps the movie was re-edited to make it appear like she was on a cell phone when she really wasnt. You know they have kind of tech that can do that these days
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    movies made in the 1920's and 30's always seem to creep me out a little. People seemed so wierd back. lol. But yeah I can see why this movie is getting all the buzz. Its clearly showing a women talking on a device. My question is; why is this just now being pointed out? It took all these years for someone to point that out? Perhaps the movie was re-edited to make it appear like she was on a cell phone when she really wasnt. You know they have kind of tech that can do that these days

Yea, CGI and everything looks legitimate though, the shadows are all perfect, there's no choppy cuts or anything in it.

I think it might be a small radio, or a brush
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol that's kind of funny and interesting, I do see an object in her hand
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yea, CGI and everything looks legitimate though, the shadows are all perfect, there's no choppy cuts or anything in it.

Yeah the video does look authentic. More than likely she had a few loose screws and she was talking to herself. And yet as I examine her ? features something is very strange about the way this women looks. Plus the guy that was walking in front of her looked a little odd and supicous as well. Its even crazier how ppl are calling her a time traveler though. lol.
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

could be digitally remastered, if you pause @ about 59 - 1:02 when she turns her head its almost as if she's mouthing to say "I can't hear you"
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah the video does look authentic. More than likely she had a few loose screws and she was talking to herself. And yet as I examine her ? features something is very strange about the way this women looks. Plus the guy that was walking in front of her looked a little odd and supicous as well. Its even crazier how ppl are calling her a time traveler though. lol.

I noticed that as well, but can't quite say what....
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The ? has on a star trek shirt.

He is a dweeb, who will find anything because he is president pro tem of geekdom.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That is weird, nice find Chozen and thanks for posting it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This message has been deleted by ThaChozenWun.

Reason
    ? is subjective

LMAO!!

Anyway, the vid is weird, could it be she is listening to a hand held radio? Did they have those back then? If not then only other conclusion is a cell phone. She really doesn't seem like she's scratching her head at all.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    LMAO!!

Anyway, the vid is weird, could it be she is listening to a hand held radio? Did they have those back then? If not then only other conclusion is a cell phone. She really doesn't seem like she's scratching her head at all.

I'm lookin up handheld devices from that time and messin around with the video in adobe after effects, Ill figure it out
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Feelings. Nothing more than feelings.

Hey Chozen, remember when I asked you about your GPS system?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Feelings. Nothing more than feelings.

Hey Chozen, remember when I asked you about your GPS system?

Yup, aint the little miss america pageant on ? ?
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited October 2010
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    That ? scratching the side of her head talking to herself.

this is what i see too...
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cell Phones were invented in 1912... what's the issue?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    this is what i see too...

:52-:54, That ? is clear as day man that she got something up there.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why does she go kind of see through?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why does she go kind of see through?

It's part of how he put the video together. It was for his circus act, the fading between scenes at that time was some super effects to ? people.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    that is the issue.

Cat_slaps.gif

Options
    Yup, aint the little miss america pageant on ? ?

You're really not intelligent enough to troll. Trolling is not a transferable skill. If youre going to troll use your own stuff. Nothing like enhancing one's house ? image than towing the plantation overseers line.

BTW, I was talking about the dude at the end of your video with the Star Trek shirt on. Sheesh?!

You should switch your GPS to Tom Tom.

Wassa matter ? ? we sick?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Your really not intelligent enough to troll. Trolling is not a transferable skill. If your going to troll use your own stuff. Nothing like enhancing one's house ? image than towing the plantation overseers line.

You should switch your GPS to Tom Tom.

Wassa matter ? ? we sick?

Lol @ you covering grown cheerleaders up and being fine with bitty ball league cheerleaders.
    SMH @ Being at your grandsons football game with binoculars watching the sidelines all game, nasty ?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ANDQUEEF wrote:
    Nasty/........
    [IMG]http://www.pedobearpics.com/? /Cavitysearchpedobear.jpg[/IMG]
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sc-slave-pic.jpg?w=300&h=242