Why did jesus get baptised?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
To get saved?.. I mean is im sure there no such thing as jesus needing to be saved.. Did he do it because he was human.. But yet instilll, he was perfect and holy.. So.....whats the reason?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    loannes(John 'the baptist'), after making a show of unwillingness to administer his purifying rite to one apparently so much greater than himself, consecrates lesous(Jesus), who is thereupon acknowledged as a worthy candidate by a divine Voice from the celestial Air, the Pneuma. The candidate is accepted, and has received the first of the four initiations described in the text, and which are symbolized by the sacred elements, water, air, fire, and earth. "The Restored New Testament by James Pryse)

I can't for sure either way(because I wasn't actually there), but this understanding of the 'water baptism' does seem to make a lot more sense in the grand scheme of Jesus' life.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    loannes(John 'the baptist'), after making a show of unwillingness to administer his purifying rite to one apparently so much greater than himself, consecrates lesous(Jesus), who is thereupon acknowledged as a worthy candidate by a divine Voice from the celestial Air, the Pneuma. The candidate is accepted, and has received the first of the four initiations described in the text, and which are symbolized by the sacred elements, water, air, fire, and earth. "The Restored New Testament by James Pryse)
    sure forget what the word of ? says...instead, lets listen to this guy's vain, Gnostic interpretation of ? 's word regarding the New Testament....

"celestial Air, the Pneuma"??? - to refer to: the Holy Spirit?? I guesss
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sure forget what the word of ? says...instead, lets listen to this guy's vain, Gnostic interpretation of ? 's word regarding the New Testament....

"celestial Air, the Pneuma"??? - to refer to: the Holy Spirit?? I guesss

You adhere to that, not I. Go take up that issue with ? maybe ? will help you get past it.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    Options
    To get saved?.. I mean is im sure there no such thing as jesus needing to be saved.. Did he do it because he was human.. But yet instilll, he was perfect and holy.. So.....whats the reason?

he was basically leading by example on what we all need to do in order to live according to the will of the Father (repent from the worldly lifestyle, be baptized & start living according to the truth).... He kept the laws, commandments & Holy days, which we all should be doing... All the things the church has done away with, but they'll take your tithes & offerings w/no problems while feeding the congregation ? & these scc are so unlearned in the scriptures that they fall for anything their so call preacher tells them even if its not backed back no scripture at all.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    he was basically leading by example on what we all need to do in order to live according to the will of the Father (repent from the worldly lifestyle, be baptized & start living according to the truth).... He kept the laws, commandments & Holy days, which we all should be doing... All the things the church has done away with, but they'll take your tithes & offerings w/no problems while feeding the congregation ? & these scc are so unlearned in the scriptures that they fall for anything their so call preacher tells them even if its not backed back no scripture at all.

C / s