Whateva Man Thread (Off-Topic Discussion)

Comments

• AldrichAmes
    AldrichAmes Members Posts: 40
    edited October 2010
    Twoshay wrote: »
    Wow.

SMH @ everyone's hard work basically going down the drain.

-sigh- The Arena was like the best sports section I've ever posted on.

Off-Topic: Why are the new posts on the first page? Is there a way to edit that or is that how it's designed?

Pretty much. All of the reviews, etc are gone. I'll miss The Arena and the What Game Are You Watching Now Thread. I can't really rock with this place because the stupid level is on 50. I can't help but feel mad guilty about all this.
  • TheTurtleMan730
    TheTurtleMan730 Members Posts: 46
    edited October 2010
    Angry, admittedly, i thought you were some form of bad guy on this, but this has taught me a lesson lol

Is there any chance that the old corner could work for us posters?
  • Twoshay
    Twoshay Members Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Pretty much. All of the reviews, etc are gone. I'll miss The Arena and the What Game Are You Watching Now Thread. I can't really rock with this place because the stupid level is on 50. I can't help but feel mad guilty about all this.

Yeah, classic thread. I've already spread the news to a few fellow Arena posters, PB, hk, hhs.

I knew I was right to never like that little ? Super.
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2010
    THe old Tha Corner DOwn the Block is still up, just posted there.
  • TheTurtleMan730
    edited October 2010
    Who were the admins of HHRO?
  • AldrichAmes
    edited October 2010
    Angry, admittedly, i thought you were some form of bad guy on this, but this has taught me a lesson lol

I could understand why you would say that but I really had good intentions. I knew that they would do something like this if they had the chance so that's why I agreed to step back and give it to Chi.

That old site could probably work but Low is an admin over there and I wouldn't be able to do much as far as getting things going. Obviously we can put together a brand new forum just to kick it like we normally do except no home page this time (since that's what seemed to have caused all the fuss in the first place). If you guys are with it, I can set it up.
  • Dr Doom
    Dr Doom Members Posts: 35
    edited October 2010

I think LoW owns that site, otherwise that could actually work.
  • TheTurtleMan730
    edited October 2010
    That old site could probably work but Low is an admin over there and I wouldn't be able to do much as far as getting things going. Obviously we can put together a brand new forum just to kick it like we normally do except no home page this time (since that's what seemed to have caused all the fuss in the first place). If you guys are with it, I can set it up.

This would be great.....I don't wanna come back here, and i hate how Boxden looks...hopefully others will agree with me.
  • Dr Doom
    edited October 2010
    Honestly, I'm in favor of moving to another spot as well, although I'm at least going to stick around here to gather up all the comic book people.
  • Twoshay
    edited October 2010
    I could understand why you would say that but I really had good intentions. I knew that they would do something like this if they had the chance so that's why I agreed to step back and give it to Chi.

I'm for it. I can't stand this place.
  • TheTurtleMan730
    edited October 2010
    How long would it take for a new forum to launch, Angry?
  • AldrichAmes
    edited October 2010
    How long would it take for a new forum to launch, Angry?

I'm setting something up with a new host right now. Generally installation takes less than an hour. If the host doesn't resolve right away, I'll set up a temporary board.
  • TheTurtleMan730
    edited October 2010
    I'm setting something up with a new host right now. Generally installation takes less than an hour. If the host doesn't resolve right away, I'll set up a temporary board.

So basically, it should be launched by tonight or late afternoon, correct?
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2010
    Since I fully expect this thread to be deleted/all of us get banned at anytime lol, for those that don't know

http://hhro.forumotion.com/forum.htm

I'm in the chat in case anyone wants to try and discuss how to go from here. Props to Angry for gettin a new board up. Hopefully we can get things going before we lose everyone.
  • Twoshay
    edited October 2010
    When it's up, can someone PM it to me? I'm off to class.
  • Dr Doom
    edited October 2010

No problem.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

same here..
  • AldrichAmes
    edited October 2010
    thahiphopcorner.com is cool with everybody right?
  • TheTurtleMan730
    edited October 2010
    thahiphopcorner.com is cool with everybody right?

should we even have Tha Corner in our name anymore?
  • TheTurtleMan730
    edited October 2010
    I got class in 5 minutes, so put me down on the PM list as well

Thanks Angry
  • drunkenone
    drunkenone Members Posts: 173
    edited October 2010
    Damn shame; ? need to get their panties unbunched.
  • 1angryblk
    1angryblk Members Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    It was pretty much on point. I made an arrangement with Chi to hand over control of the site at the end of the month because he was the one admin who really cared about all of the posters. Somehow GoDaddy granted Super control overnight and he went in and broke everything on some "If I can't have it, nobody can" ? . The only thing GoDaddy can tell me is that the domain is now registered to Arii Thomas and linked to Tyson Brown's credit card.

It looks like he won the battle of ownership but the posters and TC as a whole lost the war. Why would anybody go back after this? Did they really expect people to go to a new site because they said so? Dudes don't think and now any hope for change is dead. I can't imagine posters coming back, myself included.

Well let me add my 2-cents to the current soap opera we've been thrown into. I've been a mod or admin on multiple forums in the past 15+ years but never have I experienced such immature ? like I've seen on this site and the recent drama on Thacorner. Do people realize how hard it is to get a bunch of people to actually support and post on your forum, let alone be civil and contribute something worthwhile? I love reading and discussing comics. I love producing beats and managing artist? I love the fellowship we had at one point here and what was developing on TC but enough is enough...I'm tired of losing quality people as a direct result of some 2nd grade mental. If you can't run a ? forum like an adult then how are you going to survive in the real world? Yes I know life exist outside of AHH and TC but this ? right here is a nice break from the overall drama and stress of real life, but with TC closing down and ? only knows when AHH will have another maintenance break...well ? is wearing on my ? nerves. I don't blame you Angry for the ? that happened, ? happens and we move on. Super went out like a ? and you would think with all the ? we went thru here common sense would've shined brightly, but I guess what's common sense for some isn't the same for others. How do you expect people to support and believe in what you're doing when you do shady ? like this? TC had some good threads and sub-threads but most important it was the people that posted that made it what it was. Just a damn shame. Oh well let's do what we can here and if something else pops up then we'll support that too, but at some point the ? going to dry up and we're going to lose everyone if the internal bickering and lack of business sense doesn't get resolved.
  • AldrichAmes
    edited October 2010
    I set up a temp board just to gather everybody and get things lined up. There's a new hosting account ready to go but i'm iffy on a name.

http://tcrefugeecamp.forumotion.com/
  • 1angryblk
    1angryblk Members Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    Good looking Angry.
  • Dr Doom
    edited October 2010