skyline

Options
joseph sun
joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
this movie has a big budget look to it, but usually movies that look like blockbusters come out with no promotion its because the studio knows it sucks. but alien invasions is one of my favorite plots and this might be good.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »
    this movie has a big budget look to it, but usually movies that look like blockbusters come out with no promotion its because the studio knows it sucks. but alien invasions is one of my favorite plots and this might be good.

I guess they can afford to put more money into the special effects since the main cast consists of a bunch of actors that have made careers out of playing secondary and tertiary roles. Seriously, I laughed when I first saw the commercial and saw the people they cased for the main characters.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    not sure what to make of it.

the last great sci fi film i saw was district 9
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it looks liek district 9.5,war of the worlds the prequel, n the day the earth stood still then moved on
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im curious, but im afraid that the scenes with the people being sucked into the ships will be the only spectacle in the entire flick. The scenes where the people look at the light and get "taken" away look kind of lame.
  • Blue Libra
    Blue Libra Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Im gonna watch it
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? looks like Inderpendence meets Mars Attack blended with Terminator.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dunno about this. one side of me wants to see this cuz imma scifi nerd and the other side supsects that it might be wack seeing as ive never heard of thie movie until like couple of weeks ago. ? looks like Independance day 1.5
  • twizza 777
    twizza 777 Members Posts: 53
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Those aliens look those machines they were fighting in Matrix 3.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Straight to download
  • Mally_G
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Straight to download

how you go about doing that? Send me a PM, i've tried str8 to DL over the past couple weeks with some current movies and can't do it past 50 minutes from megavideo.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    how you go about doing that? Send me a PM, i've tried str8 to DL over the past couple weeks with some current movies and can't do it past 50 minutes from megavideo.

I'm actually referring to downloading bootleg torrents. Not straight away with the bad cams, but in a month or so when decent copies come out.
  • Mally_G
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I'm actually referring to downloading bootleg torrents. Not straight away with the bad cams, but in a month or so when decent copies come out.

i keep hearing about torrents, but never tried them. heard something about malware/spyware and viruses on the level of limewire
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i keep hearing about torrents, but never tried them. heard something about malware/spyware and viruses on the level of limewire

Just make sure your anti-virus is up to date and you shouldn't have any problems.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? looks corny imo
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't know what to think about it, kinda looks like independence Day. I might give it a look or just wait to rent that ? . Movies like that don't excite me very much.

District 9 was one of the greatest recent alien movies I've seen, I doubt there will be one that good for quite some time.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ill check it out and wont expect anything great...that way if it is Ill be pleasantly suprised
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dowload for me either R5, screener, dvdrip or decent TS. ? a wack torrent

fileserve, megaupload, hotfile for the win.

torrents are for wack ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dowload for me either R5, screener, dvdrip or decent TS. ? a wack torrent

fileserve, megaupload, hotfile for the win.

torrents are for wack ?

I just downloaded every Dragonball Z ep. Ever.

Try doing THAT with Megaupload.

lol @ u ? still downloading a single movie in 9 different parts and ? , waitin 90 minutes between each download because Rapidshare is sonning ya'll lmao
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer about these movies, but this is another one that looks subpar. That main character clinched it for me. I saw him in that awful Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and I think he had a small role in America's Sweethearts. The studio didn't shell out money for a half decent lead; it doesn't look promising.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I just downloaded every Dragonball Z ep. Ever.

Try doing THAT with Megaupload.

lol @ u ? still downloading a single movie in 9 different parts and ? , waitin 90 minutes between each download because Rapidshare is sonning ya'll lmao

? nobody using rapidshare. having all dbz episodes is 6 years ago. learn how to get hacked/unlimited download accounts from megaupload, fileserve, megashare, hotfile. The same ? that use 50 rars for a movie are the same ? that use torrents. step yo download game up. Using torrents is like using napster, kazaa or aries lame ? .

single link avi or mkvs for the win 10 minutes steps for 1.4g movie
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? nobody using rapidshare.

yeah, if only that were true
    Using torrents is like using napster, kazaa or aries lame ? .

? WHAT?! I find your lack of faith DISTURBING....Napster = dead for 10 years, Kazaa = dead for 6 years, Ares was always a 2nd rate file sharing network.

You must be one of those computer illiterate ? that can't figure out how to open a torrent file lol. Or maybe you downloaded a fake and got burnt. (check the comment section homie! very easy!)
    single link avi or mkvs for the win 10 minutes steps for 1.4g movie

1.4?

for a MOVIE?

lol, smh @ that low quality-ass ? . I can't watch that on my TV. Sheeeeit, a HD Boardwalk Empire ep is bigger than 1.4 gigs

you know what you can't download from hotfile? all 6 Star Wars flicks, 1080i quality, 8.1 gb per movie. Step YOUR download game up.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the main characters are the black dude off scrubs n the dude who gets his face cut off in texas chainsaw massacre...ill pass...the acting in the trailer lookd horrible
  • Mally_G
    edited November 2010
    Options
    there's a torrent online that once opened it reads it needs to be played through WMPlayer and that it has the wrong codecs. I usually play movies through VLC, in case there are some syncing issues, VLC can correct that, but VLC can't play the file. So when I play the Skyline torrent through WMPlayer, it won't work. The only thing that comes up is the opening credits of the production company for about 20-24 secs, then it cuts off.
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    yeah, if only that were true

? WHAT?! I find your lack of faith DISTURBING....Napster = dead for 10 years, Kazaa = dead for 6 years, Ares was always a 2nd rate file sharing network.

You must be one of those computer illiterate ? that can't figure out how to open a torrent file lol. Or maybe you downloaded a fake and got burnt. (check the comment section homie! very easy!)

1.4?

for a MOVIE?

lol, smh @ that low quality-ass ? . I can't watch that on my TV. Sheeeeit, a HD Boardwalk Empire ep is bigger than 1.4 gigs

you know what you can't download from hotfile? all 6 Star Wars flicks, 1080i quality, 8.1 gb per movie. Step YOUR download game up.

? the 1.4 gigs is for dvdrips or bd rips not DVDr or BDr difference ? . I don't give a ? bout blu ray like that.

www.warez-bb.org
    www.scenereleases.info
    www.onelinkmoviez.net

How hard is it to open a torrent file? Too easy