Celph Tittled & Bickwild-Ninteen Nintey Now

satyrone
satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Essence
this ? is a str8 up contender for album of the year no joke. this is on some 95,96 boom bap ? . listening to this album took me back for real. go cop.

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    NSR006CD.jpg

Album is genius, the rhymes on this album are dope as are the beats.

Anyone listened?
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to cop as soon as I get the money, I have to make a whole new list.

That track with Rise is tough!!
  • satyrone
    edited November 2010
    yup i got this on the first day!! ? is mad ill. takes me back to the 90s.another contender for album of the year
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2010
    Agreed Trae... this ? came outta nowhere for me, I'm up on Buckwild, but not Celph Titled. Dope.
    satyrone wrote: »
    yup i got this on the first day!! ? is mad ill. takes me back to the 90s.another contender for album of the year

I'm ? at you, because after I went in the What You Bumpin' Right Now, I saw that you were bumping this album, I almost missed it! Make a thread next time haha

Can you school me on Celph Titled?

*EDIT* Apologies, you already made a thread haha
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2010
    this ? is a str8 up contender for album of the year no joke. this is on some 95,96 boom bap ? . listening to this album took me back for real. go cop.

Oh ? you made a thread on it already, man I need to sleep more, I'm sleeping on my own forum haha

Dope album, definitely with you on your thoughts, sorry I missed it Sat
  • satyrone
    edited November 2010
    LOL its all good my thread got pushed down the line.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2010
    LOL its all good my thread got pushed down the line.

I must have missed it amongst the spam. Props on the thread, album definitely dope, top 5-10 no doubt of the year.
  • traestar
    edited December 2010
    I just heard another track from the album, this will be top of the list

This track right here is even more tough!!
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    its quite dope, ? dope production. and some dope lyrics. def top 5 albums of this year.
  • satyrone
    edited December 2010
    traestar wrote: »
    I just heard another track from the album, this will be top of the list

This track right here is even more tough!!

yea this one and the tack with R.A is one of my fav tracks on the album
  • traestar
    edited December 2010
    yea this one and the tack with R.A is one of my fav tracks on the album

Damn straight that ? is ice as well
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited December 2010
    Its a very solid album, definitely a throwback, and captures the essence and aesthetic of the 90s perfectly. Celph spits thorughout and really it is one of the better underground releases of the year. But I was also left a little empty by it, hoping that after all these years Celph would open up a little more or spit some concepts or just show more as an artist than a MC who can spit funny punchlines. Maybe I shouldn't have wanted something that was probably not going to happen, but still, it could of been more. Still a great album.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Its a very solid album, definitely a throwback, and captures the essence and aesthetic of the 90s perfectly. Celph spits thorughout and really it is one of the better underground releases of the year. But I was also left a little empty by it, hoping that after all these years Celph would open up a little more or spit some concepts or just show more as an artist than a MC who can spit funny punchlines. Maybe I shouldn't have wanted something that was probably not going to happen, but still, it could of been more. Still a great album.

Interesting to see that you were looking for an artist to develop into something more, maybe he'll take that step at some point. I was impressed (greatly) by his mic skills though, as someone who hasn't followed his career. I too, think there have been quite a few better releases, namely:

The Roots: How I Got Over
    SV's: Villa Manifesto
    Reflection Eternal: RPM
    Kendrick Lamar: Overly Dedicated
    Braille: Weapon Aid
    Curren$y's releases
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited December 2010
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Interesting to see that you were looking for an artist to develop into something more, maybe he'll take that step at some point. I was impressed (greatly) by his mic skills though, as someone who hasn't followed his career. I too, think there have been quite a few better releases, namely:

The Roots: How I Got Over
    SV's: Villa Manifesto
    Reflection Eternal: RPM
    Kendrick Lamar: Overly Dedicated
    Braille: Weapon Aid
    Curren$y's releases

The production on Villa Manifesto was great but the songwriting and lyricism left a lot to be desired. Illa J is just a bad rapper, T3 was never the best, and the album could of just used more Elzhi and Baatin (RIP).

RPM and How I Got Over are solid tho. Currensy's album weared thin on me after a few listens and I have not checked out the other two you named. might have to do that.
  • GorillaBalls
    GorillaBalls Members Posts: 63
    edited December 2010

The opening is how I feel about mainstream hip hop.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    The production on Villa Manifesto was great but the songwriting and lyricism left a lot to be desired. Illa J is just a bad rapper, T3 was never the best, and the album could of just used more Elzhi and Baatin (RIP).

RPM and How I Got Over are solid tho. Currensy's album weared thin on me after a few listens and I have not checked out the other two you named. might have to do that.

Definitely check out the others I mentioned :tu

Yeah, I hear you, I'm more for production than lyrics when I'm in certain moods and just really enjoyed Villa Manifesto. But when I'm in a lyrics mood, obviously for burst out laughs and hard lyricism with some consciousness, I'd be feeling this more. But this is coming from the same person who enjoyed Yancey Boys, Illa J's album. Agreed on Elzhi though!! I've never really been a massive fan of SV and only stumbled over tracks though, so maybe my expectations were lower or the music was more to my tastes.