SL Awards?

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Open minded doesn't mean you don't take a stance. It means you are open to other points of view, yet can still take a stance that is not centrist or centrist.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Biblical Atheist
    Skeratch
    Vibe
    Outside of conspiracy ? Major Pain, though I've seen actually have discussion about Illuminati and stuff with an open mind

Ok, I can see this. Good idea. This is also a category where the results have a lot of legitimacy, since anyone who is particularly offensive to a significant demographic of the SL is probably not "balanced" anyway.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    Nah, Ether is a horrendous threadstarter, but a very thought provoking poster.

I'll agree with this. Good point.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    What about most educational poster?

There's people on here who post that some people can actually learn a few things from.

AndStep
    Judah
    Ktulu when he's serious
    Janklow
    You
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    fixed.....

I said from the start that this whole thing is just for laughs and entertainment, so I'm going to approach this and anything of the sort with the assumption that it's all good fun. Congrats in advance, sounds like you're sure to win at least one award.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    going by the replies in here...this entire SL Awards-charade just seems like something all of the old Social Lounge heads, should get together and do/keep to themselves for nostalgic purposes in terms of...

refusing to bring old rusty battleships, on in, to the dock for putting out to pasture.

No. Everyone should put in their 2 cents, including you. All I would ask is that nobody catch feelings about this. It's just a little fun on an internet forums. No reason for anyone to get upset about it.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    well if they add a dumb fucctard award as well as Dyckrydyng Poster Of The Year, then you're sure to win two!

LOL! Well maybe you'd just like to nominate me for "Worst Poster of the Year".
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    <<<<<<<<<<Mad he didnt get mentioned in the dickryding category....

If I win am i allowed to thank ? for giving me the W?
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    <<<<<<<<<<Mad he didnt get mentioned in the dickryding category....

If I win am i allowed to thank ? for giving me the W?

If you wish, but make priorities for your acceptance speech. Like any respectable awards, we'll be cutting you off if you got more than 3 sentences.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    he called major pain major STAIN i get it hahahaha
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    ...sounds like a hi-sign you sending to those of the herd-mentality crew you are in

Nah, nothing like that. But did I really say "an internet forums"?

? ! There goes my candidacy for grammar and spelling.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    BUT, we are going to have to let somebody step up and lead on this. I'd say Janklow is perfect for the job, but I know a lot of posters refuse to believe he could ever be fair, so let's do whatever will bring the whole forum together to participate and have fun.
    in fairness, when we used to do this in past, since it was based on voting it's not like i could be "unfair"

but this internet can get crazy
    Most locked threads (probably 2012) isn't something we could vote on. That's just a stat that can be determined (though not by me. I ain't gonna count everyones locked threads)
    the answer is probably obvious

honestly, what you (or whoever thinks we should really do this) is come up with a list of categories and i (and my colleague) can make some stickied threads for the purposes of voting at some point. we can take some time to debate it, especially if it's for the year, since we're only at about the start of November
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    janklow wrote: »
    honestly, what you (or whoever thinks we should really do this) is come up with a list of categories and i (and my colleague) can make some stickied threads for the purposes of voting at some point. we can take some time to debate it, especially if it's for the year, since we're only at about the start of November

In the past, what was the method for determining categories and nominees?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    We should have a Mod award.

Maybe, Best Fence Sitter or LGBT achievement award or something.............I don't know?
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    We should have a Mod award.

Maybe, Best Fence Sitter or LGBT achievement award or something.............I don't know?

Well there's only two mods, and if Janklow is the second lowest-profile mod on the IC, it's only cause Lang takes the crown for it. I been in the SL for a while and don't know ? about Lang. Not sure how to evaluate mods with that circumstance.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Well there's only two mods, and if Janklow is the second lowest-profile mod on the IC, it's only cause Lang takes the crown for it. I been in the SL for a while and don't know ? about Lang. Not sure how to evaluate mods with that circumstance.

Langs real name is Joseph Reed, he spent about 4 years in prison for armed robbery, got out early on parole and got into a system that finds parolees and felons work, now he has an office job as a manager with a telecommunications company

/close suspicion
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Langs real name is Joseph Reed, he spent about 4 years in prison for armed robbery, got out early on parole and got into a system that finds parolees and felons work, now he has an office job as a manager with a telecommunications company

/close suspicion

Ok, good enough. I vote for Lang for anything good and Janklow for anything bad.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    indeed...

almost as obvious *as that racism* which motivates yon thread-closures.

ROFL!

Oh, that 2012!
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Best Poster for a sitcom?
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Best Poster for a sitcom?

As fate would have it, I think I just answered that in the previous post.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    As fate would have it, I think I just answered that in the previous post.

Not fate, more like Chozen noticed said post, and pushed for a 2012 sweep. Nothing would make us all co-racist conspirators more than voting for him for every award.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I deserve an award for my 9/11 thread. I backed my ? up with more than videos, I had knowledge muhfuckas! LOL

Just ? ', for real though nail some categories and nominees and we'll vote.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I deserve an award for my 9/11 thread. I backed my ? up with more than videos, I had knowledge muhfuckas! LOL

Well, ok, but you can kiss any shot you had at the "Modesty Award" goodbye, let me tell ya that guy.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »

I threw your name in for multiple awards in the good poster categories, don't act like 2012 and choose to miss factual information
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Not fate, more like Chozen noticed said post, and pushed for a 2012 sweep. Nothing would make us all co-racist conspirators more than voting for him for every award.

If I were to be perfectly honest, I think 2012 wants to be the Fonzie of the Social Lounge, but I give that to KTULU.

2012 could be Chachi though.