Options
2»

Comments

• kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    quik answer: In the beginning there was Elohim/? (two operating as one), They were both equal in power since they both were spirit beings, they dwell in heaven amongst the holy Angels,

One left his position as ? & became man, according to the bible they called HIM Jesus BUT HE was sent in the name of the FATHER:"Jesus", he didn't come in HIS hebrew name (whichever one you would like to use) so since HE left his position in the GODhead, that left only the Father in heaven & the holy angels.... as a man Jesus wasn't ? , he became the son of man & the son of ? (UNDERSTAND this, there are 3 sets of sons of ? according to the bible , 1)the men in the flesh that do the will of the Father, 2)the Holy angels are called sons of ? 3) Those that will be raised in the ressurection & make it into the Fathers Kingdom are considered sons of ? )

As a man Jesus was the son of ? since HE came in the flesh to teach us the will of the Father
    (LAW, COMMANDMENTS,KEEPING THE SABBATH & THE HOLYDAYS) & how to follow in HIS foot steps (this is a way of life to be Christlike, not like these scc & christiantiy teach everything contrary to what Jesus taught), HE led by example in order for us to become just like HE became (? ) when he overcame death after HIS ressurrection & ALL power was given to him & HE became ? THE SON ALONG W/? THE FATHER (2), He went back into the 3rd heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father until it's time to make HIS enemies HIS footstool.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with ? , and the Word was ? .

Jesus has many titles & names: one of HIS names is the "word of ? ".., SO WE see in John, in the beginning was the WORD/JESUS & THE WORD/JESUS WAS WITH ? , (? /THE FATHER) & THE WORD/JESUS WAS ? .... (UNDERSTAND this:Jesus has been the only ? that the creation has ever dealt with from the beginning (GARDEN OF EVE to the end Armaggedon)..(this is why HIS other name is the ALPHA (BEGINNING) & THE OMEGA (THE END)... no one of flesh & blood has ever dealt w/the Father & won't deal with HIM UNLESS we make it into HIS kingdom which will be in New Jerusalem after the great throne judgement.

John 1:14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 19:13
    And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of ? .

Also the scc make the angel out to be a "? " but they are not gods, they are ministering spirits/servants to the Father & the Son... satan is servant along w/the 2/3rds of evil angels that followed after him.... the holy angels such as Michael & Gabriel are the Holy angels along w/the other Holy angels that remained in Heaven... this is why Revelation breaks it down, the protocol of the Father, which HE gives the message to the Son, the Son gives the message to the Angel & the angel delivers the message to the children of Israel & in return the Israelites are to deliver the message to the rest of the sons & daughters of Adam...

Revelation 1
    1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which ? gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Once we get understanding of the Word we will see that the LORD is trying to recreate us to become Gods like them...this is why we all have a choice weather to follow the Most High according to His will or continue to live according to the world/religion & their false doctrine.

All this complex theology is quite outside the teaching of ‘the bible’. The evidence of Jesus physically preexisting in heaven as a ‘? ’ is lacking and in my opinion is purely speculation and misunderstanding of what is written.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    ? became flesh, which was Jesus. Was ? a fetus? A baby? A toddler? A child? If so, why are there stories of Jesus as a child being so "bad" and "rotten" ??

Also, why would ? send himself as his own son to die (sacrifice himself) for mankind? Not the sin part, but as ? . Why not seriously send your own son, no ? involved. How does that even work? When Jesus spoke to his disciples and said "I am not good, no one is good but the Father" what the hell is he saying? Why is ? denying he is good but saying he is good. Or how does Jesus (who's ? ) ask ? why he has forsook him (Jesus). ? forsook himself?

I don't think I ever FULLY grasped the concept of Jesus is ? . In what way was Jesus ? ?
    @ the O/P
    Looks like you started out with a few misunderstandings.

? the Father, ? the Son and ? the Holy Spirit are all ? - that is to say, they are all Deity - holy...neither born nor created....they are three individual personalities acting/operating in accordance with one will or one mind. The One Mind of ? consists of all three beings. And since all three beings are always in perfect agreement, we rightfully might view all three as being One. Even so, it remains each figure in the Godhead have different roles. When talking about something pertaining to the specific role of one of the Godhead figures, we have to break it down a bit further in detail. Each individual in the Godhead has a specific role they assumed towards each other and mankind - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

"And Jesus said to him, Why call you me good? none is good, save one, that is, ? ." (Luke 18:19)
    "And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, ? : but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments."(Matthew 19:17)
    "And Jesus said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, ? ."(Mark 10:18)

I don't think i've seen the verse translated the way you quoted in the O/P.....but anyways Jesus saying that no one is good but ? is not a statement of denial of Himself not being good. We know that because this view would contradict several other passages. Jesus not making a point concerning the act alone of being called 'good' by the man. No, Jesus point has more to do with the reason behind why the man called Him good -- in other words, the man's faith. A man perceiving the '? with us' as being nothing more than a mere teacher among many others ought not call him good. Because it's being done from the wrong motivation....even though the act in and of itself is not wrong, having the wrong motivation behind it disqualifies the act itself in ? 's eyes. That point about faith is consistent with all teaching of faith throughout the whole Bible.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Si quis non amat
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    the birth of jesus was recorded as a physical act. If ? is to interact with a physical being to produce a normal pregancy then this act would have to obey the laws of nature. I am sure the bible did not imply that the birth of jesus was done instanteonously or the wave of a magic wand and 'presto'! Jesus was here. Therfore it is not farfetched to believe that even though there was no intercourse involved, her egg would have to be fertilised by some other means. I.e. Artificial insemination, electrical stimulation or some technological way we are yet to discover.

see thats the thing... Earthly rules of physics dont apply to ? ..

? can speak stuff into exsistance... Let there be light.. Wahhhlaaa! There you go...
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All this complex theology is quite outside the teaching of ‘the bible’. The evidence of Jesus physically preexisting in heaven as a ‘? ’ is lacking and in my opinion is purely speculation and misunderstanding of what is written.

it's best you stick with your "opinion", I don't deal w/theory nor opinions when it comes to the scriptures...those w/eyes will see that everything I stated is backed by scripturs & not some man made theory... this is why Jesus had to tell the jews...

John 8:57-58
    57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Abraham is spoken of in Genesis the beginning of the book, so even before Abraham was on the scene He/Jesus was already in the Godhead as ? . He didn't go by the name Jesus of course, as I stated early, He went by His hebrew name.

ppl love stating their opinion on something being misunderstood when they themselves don't understand it.... keep reading...
  • universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited October 2010
    Options
    People stay mixing up the Jesus story, smh
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    it's also a bunch of stuff that ? did before and instances where he interacted with his children prior to your birth, as if thats some consolation as to why he chooses to ignore you completely.

Well, for you to think that ? is actually ignoring people says you know something the world doesn't; that you know ? 's Way better than the Almighty Himself. Is He really not saying anything? I believe He is saying a whole lot and no one wants to listen. He is speaking loud and clear through all of the joys and pains in life...especially the pains and we are not content in hearing what ? has to say. Something is wrong with the world and there hasn't been anything that man has done to stamp out the problem yet when the Bible says WE are the problem, we think it's some religious powerplay to exploit weak-minded people. We just keep trying to point the finger at something else in hope that there is another answer.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted. Very interesting and good to get a better hold on things.
  • kids in america_
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it's best you stick with your "opinion", I don't deal w/theory nor opinions when it comes to the scriptures...those w/eyes will see that everything I stated is backed by scripturs & not some man made theory... this is why Jesus had to tell the jews...

John 8:57-58
    57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Abraham is spoken of in Genesis the beginning of the book, so even before Abraham was on the scene He/Jesus was already in the Godhead as ? . He didn't go by the name Jesus of course, as I stated early, He went by His hebrew name.

ppl love stating their opinion on something being misunderstood when they themselves don't understand it.... keep reading...

Actually it is a manmade theory. The whole ideas of a man being a “g-d” himself [i.e. a GODMAN], or having a literal pre-existence are both Greek/ Hellenistic concepts and not Hebrew ones. The proposition that you’re touting that Jesus was preexisting as a second member of the 'godhead' was introduced by the Gentile “Church Fathers”. The “Church Fathers” was steeped in “pagan” (Greek) Philosophy and actually the formulating of the Trinity began with them coming to teach that Jesus literal pre-existed. You really need to read up on Early Church History.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually it is a manmade theory. The whole ideas of a man being a “g-d” himself [i.e. a GODMAN], or having a literal pre-existence are both Greek/ Hellenistic concepts and not Hebrew ones. The proposition that you’re touting that Jesus was preexisting as a second member of the 'godhead' was introduced by the Gentile “Church Fathers”. The “Church Fathers” was steeped in “pagan” (Greek) Philosophy and actually the formulating of the Trinity began with them coming to teach that Jesus literal pre-existed. You really need to read up on Early Church History.

I follow what's outlined in the scriptures for the Most High said he will reveal his secerts to his prophets in the Ot, everything prophecied in the OT is confirmed in the Nt, (this is why Jesus stated to "search" the scriptures for they testify of me... (HE'S speaking on the OT, but most churches teach the Ot has been fulfilled in order to keep ppl out of the Ot, satan's only job is to deceive & destroy & he's doing a great job of itl)

I understand the gentiles have twisted the scriptures due to their lack of understanding & have deceived many in the confusion of the Word.... I don't need to read up on the early church because I understand the church is corrupt, this is why no sunday pastor can properly explain anything without interpreting the scriptures or giving their opinions on a matter.... I'lll stick to the line upon line percept upon percept here little & there a little out of the mouths of two or more witnesses approach...Hasn't failed yet.... like I said before, everything I stated can be backed by scriptures kept in it's proper context...what ever opinion you have is fine by me.. Just know if you don't understand something doesn't mean others have that same problem.

Amos 3:7
    Surely the Lord ? will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

John 3:12
    If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Psalm 111:10
    The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalm 119:104
    Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Proverbs 2:6
    For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Isaiah 28:10 (King James Version)
    10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Proverbs 3:5
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

People love to talk that you need to read the hebrew as if they are the Most High themselves as if the creator didn't know what HE was doing when getting HIS word out to other nations that don't speak hebrew.
  • kids in america_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I follow what's outlined in the scriptures for the Most High said he will reveal his secerts to his prophets in the Ot, everything prophecied in the OT is confirmed in the Nt, (this is why Jesus stated to "search" the scriptures for they testify of me... (HE'S speaking on the OT, but most churches teach the Ot has been fulfilled in order to keep ppl out of the Ot, satan's only job is to deceive & destroy & he's doing a great job of itl)

I understand the gentiles have twisted the scriptures due to their lack of understanding & have deceived many in the confusion of the Word.... I don't need to read up on the early church because I understand the church is corrupt, this is why no sunday pastor can properly explain anything without interpreting the scriptures or giving their opinions on a matter.... I'lll stick to the line upon line percept upon percept here little & there a little out of the mouths of two or more witnesses approach...Hasn't failed yet.... like I said before, everything I stated can be backed by scriptures kept in it's proper context...what ever opinion you have is fine by me.. Just know if you don't understand something doesn't mean others have that same problem.

Amos 3:7
    Surely the Lord ? will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

John 3:12
    If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Psalm 111:10
    The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalm 119:104
    Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Proverbs 2:6
    For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Isaiah 28:10 (King James Version)
    10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Proverbs 3:5
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

People love to talk that you need to read the hebrew as if they are the Most High themselves as if the creator didn't know what HE was doing when getting HIS word out to other nations that don't speak hebrew.

The whole Jesus preexisting idea is just a continuance of the ancient ‘pagan’ idea that the ‘gods’ came to earth. And the Greek Church 'Fathers' adopted such a view and applied it to Jesus. The notion that Jesus physically preexisted came from that corruption.

Ummm… I gotta tell ya, it’s nonsense! From reading and studying 'the bible', I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Jesus was not a ? -man.
  • PoetLaureate
    PoetLaureate Members Posts: 39
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People stay mixing up the Jesus story, smh
    No doubt!!! It's just regurgitation of earlier rhetoric. Christians only believe in the theory of trinity because Emperor Constantine decided to put it in the bible as law...The Council of Nicea look it up.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The problem is Jesus implies he's ? , but never says it out right.

Random person- "Jesus, are you ? ? The creator of the earth??"

Jesus- "I am what I am."

There are some scriptures where you can point out and say "look he is ? ." And there are other scriptures where you can say "see, he is not ? , he is just a man".

Which is the reason why people will argue this to the death.

Its like one group is arguing that a color is white. The other side is arguing that the color is dark. And in reality it's more of a gray color than anything.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So a ? bleeds, gets thirsty, sleeps, gets angry, etc...?

? obviously feels emotions; anger, sadness, happiness, grief etc. We see that in the bible. Question is, can he know physical pain? Can he know what it's like to get cut and feel pain? Does he know what it is to feel hungry, to feel thirst? Does he bleed? Like you've asked as well.

There's been NO indication of that. It says that ? only knows sin through man, so can he only know pain through man? Can he only know hunger and thirst through man? KNOW, not FEEL, but just know.

The only verse I've seen is that ? can do anything, with men it's impossible. Also that ? "allowed" himself to become flesh and become vulnerable to the things that are "humanly" felt.

There's so many indicating factors in the bible that show that Jesus is NOT ? but then there are some that point to Jesus being ? . I've seen many times where Jesus pretty much "works around" the questions. "I AM WHAT I AM" etc.