Ladies how yall feel bout teen pregnancy?

shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Powder Room
How many of yall friends were teen moms? Were u one? Was it on purpose? Do you think most teen pregnancies are an accident or intentional?

I remember this one girl i used to talk to in high school. She was a junior, I a senior. And I heard mad rumors bout her, abortions, etc. She was tryna get pregnant on purpose. She finally trapped a dude who was silly enough to go along with her. I just don't understand the appeal of being a teen parent, especially if you broke. I guess they want that govt. assistance and chill all day.

inside-teenagemoms.jpg

babyhigh.jpg

pregnant_teen.jpg

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I was a teen mom and I was really lucky with the way things went. It wasn't planned but I have no regrets about my decision to keep my baby.

I'm still pro-choice.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    ehh ? happens. i had like three friends who were teen moms
  • shadb33
    edited October 2010
    ehh ? happens. i had like three friends who were teen moms

lol word.....
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I think that pretty much every girl goes through a phase of wanting a kid when she's a teen.
    But, I saw teen moms all around me at school and in my family--and I knew that wasn't the life for me.
    I'm better than that.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i knew a bunch of chicks that had kids in high school and acted as if it was nothing. smh @ never going to college or university and thinking u did aight in this world.

well having kids doesnt mean you cant go or finish college. I know girls who have done it. you may not get to have that dorm and party experience but it is what it is. Of course it isnt easy but it is absolutely doable. It helps to have the support of your family though
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    No.

I'm 17 with 3 kids.
    It's all good.
  • shadb33
    edited October 2010
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    No.

I'm 17 with 3 kids.
    It's all good.
    How Lil Rashad doing? I'll make sure to send him some euros this Christmas.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited October 2010
    ? wtf i tell you we deal in POUNDS
    £<--- look like a euro sign to you?
    GAWD
  • shadb33
    edited October 2010
    oh i only ? with euros so i guess he aint gettin nothin again this year...tell Rashad to be good and daddy loves him...and i dont want them nasty ass ? u bring to yo house around him!! Keep that ? away from my child.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited October 2010
    He aint yours :?
  • shadb33
    edited October 2010
    ruined this whole thread ?
  • Blue Virgo
    edited October 2010
    I forgot to add that it's quite enjoyable to watch Teen Mom on MTV.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    don't know what blue talking about, i never thought about being mother while a teen

my cousin had 3 babies between the ages of 18 and 21...she had one almost every year :(

i can understand the 'mistake' with the first one, but anymore after that was just straight up carelessness and that aint good
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    I think teen moms make decisions without thinking long term, or some lack sex education to have no sense in the consequences of what sex with no protection can lead to..

I know plenty of teen moms and their learning the hard way some with no parental guidance or support..

But I still got hope for them!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I think it's sad. Parent's really need to stress the importance of not having kids at a young age. But, I understand how teenagers are and how you can't control wtf they do so it's a catch 22. I don't even know like.....how to curb it. You can put out all the pamphlets you want about abstinence, but when you have these girls looking up to people like nicki minaj, amber rose, etc etc...you ain't neva gone win that battle.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited October 2010
    kai_valya wrote: »
    ^ june, i can kinda see what blue's sayin (if i understood her correctly. i think she's sayin all teen/young girls go thru a phase where the maternal part in them kicks in and they want the love of and to love a baby. i love kids and have always wanted to be a mom. i just think some girls have enough sense to realize that the nurturers in them is what's drivinthose feelings and that they can't realistically have a baby. while other young girls never apply logic to the situation

Yes, that's what I was saying.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I'm more concerned about the support that women aren't getting while they are pregnant.

support from whom exactly???
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    School administration. There's a lot of girls who don't get support in order to take care of kids and finish school b/c sometimes the administration might fear it looks like they support sex before marriage.

you mean as far as modifying classes and curriculum to fit there needs so they can graduate or finish on time?
  • THEgoodfella101
    THEgoodfella101 Members Posts: 67
    edited November 2010
    my grad class had 13 chicks knockin out babies in grade 12. and my high school wasnt even that big.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    No.

I'm 17 with 3 kids.
    It's all good.

what dat gushy hittin like?

na but on a real not. THIS:
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    normal high school isn't for teen mothers.

in my town we had a diff school for all the people that couldn't hack "normal" high school. It was called CABE (Coquitlam Alternate Basic Education). That's where all the drop outs that decided they wanna get they GED, teen mothers, and other "different" students went. They have a daycare program for teen mothers where they can bring their kids into school to be watched over by teaching staff and other teen mothers during their free blocks. They even go to the extent of giving four credits to any girl who has a child, and four more if they enroll into the program. (LMFAO)

smh @ it being the schools job to push these young girls through high school.

My sister had her first child at 16. Basically ? up her life. Now shes a depressed psychotic 30 year old woman with 2 kids. And I love my sister.