vgchartzzZZ has lost any credibility they had

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
They had PS3 listed at 277 million software sales.

The official number has just been released and it is 350 million software sales.

Do you trust a source that is 70+ million off on their estimates?

I do not.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why do you all care about sales?

I certainly don't. One of the best games of the year (and the game I enjoyed the most) had the worst sales because it wasn't a Western game.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why do you all care about sales?

I dont care about sales, but ford focus obviously does. Now that his Bible, vgchartz has lost all credibility what is he gonna do
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ....................womp womp
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Vgchartz also screwed up system hardware sales.

This past qrt

PS3 sold 3.5 million
    http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3_sale_e.html

360 only sold 2.8 million
    http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-stocks/index.php/2010/10/28/microsoft-sold-2-8m-xbox-360-consoles-in-fy-q1-halo-reach-pulled-in-350m-in-revenue/

Considering MS had the Slim 360 and Halo Reach, it's pretty bad that Sony still outsold them.

However if you were following vgchartz at the time, you wouldve thought 360 was outselling PS3. That is not the case as these OFFICIAL numbers prove.
  • bobbydrake2006
    bobbydrake2006 Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    ....................womp womp

/////////////////////////
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I certainly don't. One of the best games of the year (and the game I enjoyed the most) had the worst sales because it wasn't a Western game.

What game was that?
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What game was that?

Yakuza 3......
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    less credibility than Ja Rule in the hood
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i'm laughing at ford focus humble nature around these parts recently.

anyways check this out, these ? is flat out spreading they ass cheeks and ? on vgchartz

http://n4g.com/news/637000/how-ps3-cut-xbox-360s-lead-down-to-nothing/com

FTR: Vgchartz has ps3 total software sales at 277million, meanwhile Sony just reported official numbers of 350million software sales.

So they're 70+ million wrong and undertracking ps3 game sales. That's a big difference. I used to think they were atleast somewhere in the right ballpark with their numbers, but I dont know how any1 could take that site remotely seriously anymore.

this guy says it the best:

Huge retail tracking firms like NPD are only able to put out monthly numbers for a single country once a month and charge a good deal of money that companies have been paying for years and would continue to do so if the numbers weren't accurate.

And somehow some kid who used to post fake sales numbers on a gaming forum went off and created his global retail tracking firm that puts out numbers 4 times a month? For free?

How can anyone have fallen for something so absurd?

Vgchartz isn't 'a little off'
    Vgchartz isn't 'just estimates'

Vgchartz is and always will be the sad and pathetic fraudulent site of an Xbox fan.
  • joshuaboy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i'm laughing at ford focus humble nature around these parts recently.

anyways check this out, these ? is flat out spreading they ass cheeks and ? on vgchartz

http://n4g.com/news/637000/how-ps3-cut-xbox-360s-lead-down-to-nothing/com

FTR: Vgchartz has ps3 total software sales at 277million, meanwhile Sony just reported official numbers of 350million software sales.

So they're 70+ million wrong and undertracking ps3 game sales. That's a big difference. I used to think they were atleast somewhere in the right ballpark with their numbers, but I dont know how any1 could take that site remotely seriously anymore.

this guy says it the best:

Huge retail tracking firms like NPD are only able to put out monthly numbers for a single country once a month and charge a good deal of money that companies have been paying for years and would continue to do so if the numbers weren't accurate.

And somehow some kid who used to post fake sales numbers on a gaming forum went off and created his global retail tracking firm that puts out numbers 4 times a month? For free?

How can anyone have fallen for something so absurd?

Vgchartz isn't 'a little off'
    Vgchartz isn't 'just estimates'

Vgchartz is and always will be the sad and pathetic fraudulent site of an Xbox fan.

240ys1c.jpg