Story of Creation.

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
For those who like to take the Adam and Eve story literally.

These two had two sons, right? Cain and Abel. From there, where else did children come from? How did mankind continue to populate? There is no talk of a daughter after Cain and Abel, they already grew to women around. How so? Where's the gap?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They had more Children, scripture only focus's on the main males though.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when cain was told he had to wear the mark of the beast didnt it mention that it was so all the other people of the land would know what he did or something

who the ? were those people LOL
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They had more Children, scripture only focus's on the main males though.

But why? Wouldn't you think that it would be important to get the story right? There's such a gap there it leaves you stuck, was there or wasn't there. I asked this to a pastor and he told me they had more children, in which ? took place. I asked how he knew, he said that there was a "lost scripture" that backed it up. So I said okay, so why can't other "lost scripture" be considered truthful then too? He had no answer.

So I guess only when it's convenient, ? can apply to the bible that isn't in the bible.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    But why? Wouldn't you think that it would be important to get the story right? There's such a gap there it leaves you stuck, was there or wasn't there. I asked this to a pastor and he told me they had more children, in which ? took place. I asked how he knew, he said that there was a "lost scripture" that backed it up. So I said okay, so why can't other "lost scripture" be considered truthful then too? He had no answer.

So I guess only when it's convenient, ? can apply to the bible that isn't in the bible.

How else could you answer questions that could deny it's legitimacy?

Obviously you're not the religious leader against me you once were but even then you admit when you dug up answers for some of my questions the only answer at times would be to create a story that's not told in any religious text to accompany and lend support to it.

That's how I feel about the flood story, in the bible how it's told it can only seemingly be done with the assistance of a ? . But a sea flooding and a guy surviving on a boat doesn't have to have that same aura around it, yet some will say no no the black sea flood is really it but ? still helped him build a boat etc... My guess is that a good bit of people in New Orleans and the Gulf were inspired by ? then as well considering some survived the flooding simply because they did the common sense thing and hopped into a floating boat when massive amounts of water were rising.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For those who like to take the Adam and Eve story literally.

These two had two sons, right? Cain and Abel. From there, where else did children come from? How did mankind continue to populate? There is no talk of a daughter after Cain and Abel, they already grew to women around. How so? Where's the gap?

Now i understand you stance, you rely on what others say, than actually read the book to show thyself approved...smh

Genesis 4:25
    And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name SETH: For ? , said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    Now i understand you stance, you rely on what others say, than actually read the book to show thyself approved...smh

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name SETH: For ? , said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Still doesn't answer the questions about daughters. All ? and no ? dont make babies bruh.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »

Actually I did read the book and relied on what it said. I forgot all about Seth. BUT I mean they could have 20 more boys, where do the girls come in? Daughters? Sisters? We need woman to continue the population.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    smh @ believing the world was populated by only two beings. We wouldn't have survived this long to create this technology if we really have been inbreeding for this long. Not to mention that this doesn't explain how we have asians / blacks / jews / dominicans / whites etc.

You don't dwell much in this sub-forum but my stance isn't in a belief any more. I'm just asking questions. Trying to piece together things, get a better understanding.
  • Israelites
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually I did read the book and relied on what it said. I forgot all about Seth. BUT I mean they could have 20 more boys, where do the girls come in? Daughters? Sisters? We need woman to continue the population.

the Daughters spoken of in Genesis six came from Cain, after he was told to leave the land..the Sons of ? IN GENESIS 6 is referring to the lineage of Seth, His sons took on the wives of Cains daughter.. At this point cain was removed from the lineage of Adam for killing abel...

Luke 3:37-38 (King James Version)

37Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

38Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of ? .

Notice how they don't mention Cain (removed from the land) nor Abel (murdered)
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    By the way Vibe to make it simple for you

Genesis 5:3-5 tell you the had sons and daughters...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wtf...

he lived 900 years? really? im supposed to believe he lived 900 years?

Anything is possible with ? , nothing he can't do.... go ahead try and argue, he can do whatever so nothing you can say has any weight....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    inbreeding causes retardation. lets say from adam and eve to now was 10,000 generations.

Only if the two people coming together had recessive genes. Check out the full article, its not to long.

So when a team of scientists led by Robin L. Bennett, a genetic counselor at the University of Washington and the president of the National Society of Genetic Counselors, announced that cousin marriages are not significantly riskier than any other marriage, it made the front page of The New York Times. The study, published in the Journal of Genetic Counseling last year, determined that children of first cousins face about a 2 to 3 percent higher risk of birth defects than the population at large. To put it another way, first-cousin marriages entail roughly the same increased risk of abnormality that a woman undertakes when she gives birth at 41 rather than at 30. Banning cousin marriages makes about as much sense, critics argue, as trying to ban childbearing by older women.

But the nature of cousin marriage is far more surprising than recent publicity has suggested. A closer look reveals that moderate inbreeding has always been the rule, not the exception, for humans. Inbreeding is also commonplace in the natural world, and contrary to our expectations, some biologists argue that this can be a very good thing. It depends in part on the degree of inbreeding
    http://discovermagazine.com/2003/aug/featkiss
  • Israelites
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Only if the two people coming together had recessive genes. Check out the full article, its not to long.

So when a team of scientists led by Robin L. Bennett, a genetic counselor at the University of Washington and the president of the National Society of Genetic Counselors, announced that cousin marriages are not significantly riskier than any other marriage, it made the front page of The New York Times. The study, published in the Journal of Genetic Counseling last year, determined that children of first cousins face about a 2 to 3 percent higher risk of birth defects than the population at large. To put it another way, first-cousin marriages entail roughly the same increased risk of abnormality that a woman undertakes when she gives birth at 41 rather than at 30. Banning cousin marriages makes about as much sense, critics argue, as trying to ban childbearing by older women.

But the nature of cousin marriage is far more surprising than recent publicity has suggested. A closer look reveals that moderate inbreeding has always been the rule, not the exception, for humans. Inbreeding is also commonplace in the natural world, and contrary to our expectations, some biologists argue that this can be a very good thing. It depends in part on the degree of inbreeding
    http://discovermagazine.com/2003/aug/featkiss

also if we look at the elite blood line families, they arrange for 1st & 3rd cousins to marry each other to keep their blood line pure & to keep the money in the family. Good read!
  • Israelites
    edited October 2010
    Options
    but it says nothing of copulating with ones own sibling. If doing so with your 1st cousin can impose a slight risk, then the risk would increase in the former circumstance.

its speaking on cousins, Seth's sons got with Cain's daughter...making them cousins not siblings...
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Adam and Eve were not the first humans.

That story is a metaphor for the new ruler in the Earth under Adam.

The Bible even gives you a hint that this is the case.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Adam and Eve were not the first humans.

That story is a metaphor for the new ruler in the Earth under Adam.

The Bible even gives you a hint that this is the case.

I think i've seen you mention the above before, but still...first time i ever heard that.

Never seen that taught in the Bible. maybe shed some insight if you will.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Only people with low IQ's take the Bible literally.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think that by reading the bible one gets the impression that there were other people on earth...i don't know,,since ? made Adam and Eve why are we limiting is ability to only make two. He may have been busy making more humans while he was away from the Garden of Eden (his special place on earth) and when he got back, he discovered that the devil ? up his two special humans (his first creation).
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    cane and abel turned around and beat eve ? up

If you believe in the bible then you believe in ? and that we are all inbreds.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    cane and abel turned around and beat eve ? up

If you believe in the bible then you believe in ? and that we are all inbreds.

And its not even just that story. I mean it could be argued there were more humans I suppose, but what about after the flood? There was Noah and his wife, their sons and their wives. The rest of the planet was drowned. Yet was repopulated. And Lot, his daughters got him ? and got down with him.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    By the way Vibe to make it simple for you

Genesis 5:3-5 tell you the had sons and daughters...

Okay, well we see now that there were daughters and sons, of course ? was involved. Now about that age, 900 years, that's a damn long time. Does the bible mention any age of Eve? Also, if they had sons and daughter, together, how many exactly would be good to know. Why? Because could Eve's body take so much? We know today that there's a good few people that have like 20 kids. They have tv shows. Doctors say it's taking its toll too, so how many kids did they have is the question. You gotta figure, 900 years, that's plenty of time to have sex and reproduce over and over and over.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when cain was told he had to wear the mark of the beast-
    this is not that relevant to your point, but if you're going with ? placing a mark upon Cain, you probably wouldn't call it "the mark of the beast"