• Zone6reppa
    Zone6reppa Members Posts: 926
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Read it........

Hated-It-GIF.jpg

_dead_

too funny

i dont knock people for believing, praising, and whatever comes with following every single word....i just dont like to be looked at as the "he dont go to church" guy.....? 's stupid, a building full of people doing what you can do in the comfort and privacy of your own home...aint nothing wrong with gathering for the good cause of anything...but dont put yourself on a pedastool cuz you "believe" in a "being" who's "perfect" in all ways....

? ....

church is more corrupted than the streets, its all about power!
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    never read it......
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the biggest truth is that there is no constant truth at all

and blood soaked mythologies that prophecize apocalypse so their followers can bring about an apocalypse are so last century
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    why? how can you denounce something you know nothing of?

the real question is how can people believe somethin they never read???
    u should see the people i try to have religious discussions with.. they dont have a clue about whats goin on... then i tell them to look it up and they are speechless..
  • GhettoPolice
    GhettoPolice Members Posts: 96
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the biggest truth is that there is no constant truth at all

and blood soaked mythologies that prophecize apocalypse so their followers can bring about an apocalypse are so last century

Real TAlk !
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "never read the Qur'an or Islamic scriptures, the only psalms i read was on the arms of my ? "
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont oppose the book, but that is all it is....a book, a fairytale, born for power and greed and feeds on peoples fears about death and life. It amazes me how rational, intelligent people can belive in ? , just because there afraid or brainwashed. The world would be a better place without religion, people naturally have morals, we dont need a book to tell us how to be good.
    your right we are lost, its natural for humans to try and find order, how come atheists can live happy normal lives if they dont have the word of ? ? im all for people thinking for themselves, having there own theories, but to totally believe in these thousands of year old religions is ridiculous. and if ? is real, he is worst than ? , he watches us all 24/7 ( pervert and a control freak) he sees all the suffering and does nothing ( only excuse is we all die for a reason even if he doesnt reveal it). If we dont follow his ways than we will burn in hell for eternity ( Theres the ? coming out in him) Seriously people need to get a grip.
    so its easy to accept that theres nothing after death, theres no special man to look after us in the sky and that all our dead friends and family are ok somewhere, but yet its harder to believe in lies to make yourself feel better. other way round my friend
    i admit i dont, but i also wont believe i will be taken to some fairytale gates to meet ? , do ants have a heaven, or are they not good enough, but they are one of gods creations apparently, do ants get greeted by there long lost relatives aswell.
    texican11 wrote: »
    I have read the bible and denounce that ? book full of evil Jewish fairytales....

1)How come African Americans belive in this ? ?????
    a book that gives the guidelines on how to treat SLAVES....

2)On top of that this... the bible promotes violece (Murder)/?

3)See women as second class citizens...

4)Promotes hatred towards ? ...

So what makes this book so special...
    There were other religions before...
    But this book claims to have the one and only true ? ... really???

? your book of Jewish FairyTales...? that half naked Jew on the cross too...
    ? all those blind sheep who believe and follow this dumb book without question only cuz a Pastor threatens you with the hell myth
    Darxwell wrote: »
    The Bible is a very entertaining book of stories and fables for either philosophers or the weak-minded. NOthing more nothing less.

Co sign all this
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt even watch it if they had a dvd of it
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    To their credit: I've never read the Avesta but I don't subscribe to Zoroastrianism, I've never read the writings of the Báb/Bahá'u'lláh but I don't subscribe to the Bahá'í faith, and I've never read the Kojiki but I don't practice Shinto.

You don't have to read the texts from every myth out there to know they are myths.

There's thousands of religious myths, Christianity is one among many.

And there it is.....
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? I'm can call me Jesus
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Never read it and I don't plan to.
    Kinda related--never saw Passion of the Christ either.

• darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Same way you idiot Jesus Freaks denounce Islam without reading the Koran. Or denounce Judaism without reading the Torah (with your excuses about the Old Testament just being a trial run for ? so thats why you can get away with your ? contradictions lol).

Same way I can denounce Santa Clause without reading the full story of Saint Nic.

BUt I've read the Bible (not front to back) and ? is ? . The Bible is a very entertaining book of stories and fables for either philosophers or the weak-minded. NOthing more nothing less.

This........
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »

i wish i didnt see it, that ? was gross
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    your right we are lost, its natural for humans to try and find order, how come atheists can live happy normal lives if they dont have the word of ? ? im all for people thinking for themselves, having there own theories, but to totally believe in these thousands of year old religions is ridiculous. and if ? is real, he is worst than ? , he watches us all 24/7 ( pervert and a control freak) he sees all the suffering and does nothing ( only excuse is we all die for a reason even if he doesnt reveal it). If we dont follow his ways than we will burn in hell for eternity ( Theres the ? coming out in him) Seriously people need to get a grip.

normally when people say "think for yourself" it means "think how I think"...how do you know somebody's thinking for themselves didn't lead them to the Bible, religion, etc?
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Suit yourself. You don't read The Bible anyway It reads you. It has been and always will be an unavoidable presence in the world, and you'll continue to wonder why. No matter haw many "intelligent" people denounce it the followers will be unphased.

You're not hurting a faithful believer's feelings by suggesting that you would have to be stupid to believe in such dynamic fantastical stuff........once you have witnessed the power of The Word, no man on earth can convince you it's not true.

As for people who think I'm afraid or brainwashed..........afraid of what? brainwashed by whom?

.......Of course you dont have an answer.

PEACE
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    why? how can you denounce something you know nothing of?

Do you believe in Xenu? Have you read and studied dianetics? If not how can you denounce something you know nothing of?

That Bible is a book of fairy tales, just like all religions. It's a book that historically has been spread through warfare, murder, and intimidation. The fact you believe in talking snakes and magic fruit let's me realize you're mentally imbalanced.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt even watch it if they had a dvd of it

lol prolly the biggest piece of ether in this entire thread
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »

it was a ? film all around...hot garbage
  • djparamnesia
    djparamnesia Confirm Email Posts: 434
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Suit yourself. You don't read The Bible anyway It reads you. It has been and always will be an unavoidable presence in the world, and you'll continue to wonder why. No matter haw many "intelligent" people denounce it the followers will be unphased.

You're not hurting a faithful believer's feelings by suggesting that you would have to be stupid to believe in such dynamic fantastical stuff........once you have witnessed the power of The Word, no man on earth can convince you it's not true.

As for people who think I'm afraid or brainwashed..........afraid of what? brainwashed by whom?

.......Of course you dont have an answer.

PEACE

afraid of nothing after death, or every dead person is just rotting in the ground, and brainswashed by religion and anyone who preaches it.
  • djparamnesia
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    normally when people say "think for yourself" it means "think how I think"...how do you know somebody's thinking for themselves didn't lead them to the Bible, religion, etc?

if someone actually came up with there own thoughts about it, there is no way it would match exactly a book written thousands of years ago, unless you are a crazy person and evil.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if someone actually came up with there own thoughts about it, there is no way it would match exactly a book written thousands of years ago, unless you are a crazy person and evil.

there is no way for you to actually back up this statement unless you're a mind reader...and that was the point...most times when people say "think for yourself" it just means "Take on my opinion"...you know it's actually possible for someone's own thoughts to also be in line with the majority opinion...doesn't make them a follower or sheep...just means they others share their opinion/view
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    there is no way for you to actually back up this statement unless you're a mind reader...and that was the point...most times when people say "think for yourself" it just means "Take on my opinion"...you know it's actually possible for someone's own thoughts to also be in line with the majority opinion...doesn't make them a follower or sheep...just means they others share their opinion/view

how would you think for yourself and come to the conclusion that a magical super king created man out of dirt and then sacrificed himself to himself so that his dirt-men won't go to the lake of fire he also created?

how would you come to the conclusion that a bush caught fire and started talking to a dude about life's hidden truths?

how would you figure, by yourself, that a guy lived inside a giant fish for three days?

the bible is ridiculous.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how would you think for yourself and come to the conclusion that a magical super king created man out of dirt and then sacrificed himself to himself so that his dirt-men won't go to the lake of fire he also created?

how would you come to the conclusion that a bush caught fire and started talking to a dude about life's hidden truths?

how would you figure, by yourself, that a guy lived inside a giant fish for three days?

the bible is ridiculous.

i don't know...i didn't say it was MY thoughts...I just find it interesting that people who say "think for yourself" seldom take into consideration that someone could actually agree with the majority opinion or view on something...
  • djparamnesia
    edited October 2010
    Options

I would be willing to bet my life and everything i own to say if you took people who have no exsposure to religion and asked them to come up with there own thoughts on how we got here and there own philosophy it will not exactly match the bible at all, I bet my life on it, I swear to ? lol
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would be willing to bet my life and everything i own to say if you took people who have no exsposure to religion and asked them to come up with there own thoughts on how we got here and there own philosophy it will not exactly match the bible at all, I bet my life on it, I swear to ? lol

ehh idk...people w/ no exposure to religion seem to also come up w/ some weird ? ...look at the Greek and Roman Gods...they weren't inspired by Christianity at all