Modern Day House ? , and the true Devil. (Let's make this clear)

Options
Chike
Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Now peep this video.... Yep, you got it, another gucci video. He's the perfect candidate.

"In those days he was called a House nlgga, and that's what we call them today because we still got some house nlggas." - Malcolm

We're living in the white man's house right now. This is a system built on a foundation of White supremacy, white privilege, white superiority, no matter how you look at it. The Black community is in rough shape, and has been ever since America was founded. This is not be accident, this is done ON PURPOSE. (Most of ya'll already know this of course) But how is it done? People think the only way for the black community over come their tough times is to get themselves right inside of the white man's house. They think that if they living inside with the white man, they gonna BE the white man. In other words, they think the only way to be right is to be white.

I am going to catch alot of hell because uppity black people who got a nice college degree and a blue collar job if going to deny wanting to be white.... but.... You got your degree in the white man's house, you working inside of the white man's house, and you're acting like the white man.... the same man who was doing wrong to blacks and natives and is the reason you were outside slaving in the fields in the first place. So you're becoming the enemy.

The White man: Let's make this clear, I'm talking in figuratives. The White man is the creators and maintainers of this white supremacy built and operated system. You're not the white man just because you got white skin, you're the white man if you're supporting this system or most of all, benefit from this system based on skin color privileges or selling your soul to sleep inside the masters house.

If you're a black entertainer, and you're training other blacks how to be destructive and to keep the black community in shambles... and raising kids to be murderers and search for the quickest route into a prison or to become addicted to drugs sex and money..... you're a House ? .

If you're a black politician running for Office, and the only thing you do is maintain the countries current state of white supremacy while doing nothing to truly free your people, you're a house ? . (Obama)

If you're a black business Owner who turns corporate.... need I say more?

None of these things are liberating for the Black community. They are either distractions or worse.... The American slave trade has gone NOWHERE! We're still slaves, but instead of CHAINS they got BLING! Instead of Whips they got EGOTISTICAL WARFARE! (not having money = not being a man, not having nice cars or clothes = not being hip, not having a nice car or overly big house = loser who aint getting no ? etc etc....)

I see so many black people talking about... "We came so far since slavery, we got black people making millions on tv, becoming president blah blah blah....) MODERN DAY HOUSE NEGROS! We were Gods and Goddesses BEFORE SLAVERY living beautifuly! I know KTulu will come in here with his typical Africa was ? before slavery nonsense, but like always, we'll just ignore him. We will ALWAYS have a fw house negros living it up ON TV and Hollywood because THAT is what HOLLYWOOD is there for!! To confuse and distract us and to make what's not real our reality!!!!

Just like malcolm X said.... if the Black community wanted to rise up and stop this madness and run away from massah!!! They would go up to these house negros up in the holly wood hills on tv and in music videos, and just like the House ? said before... they gon say again. "Why? Why would we want to leave? We got it made! We living in the masters house, living in their same mansions, eating their same food, and spending their same money!" See the connection?

The Field negros are called all sorts of names when pointing out the real situation. "Haters, Loons, Nutjobs, Tinfoil hatters.... <~~~ These are modern day whips.... to keep us in check. Because from birth, they raise us to be egotistical materialistic robots.

This way of life is not good for Humanity as a whole, and it's definitely not good for the Global Environment. It's coming to an end, whether they want it to or not. You think they spending trillions on space programs because they're just curious about what the moon is made out of? gtfoh.... We got people on this very planet who need serious dire help, drinking water that they bathe in while dead bodies float by and ? ... peep India, I couldn't believe my eyes....

Materialism is coming to an end. For all those working their whole lives so they can obtain or maintain their fancy clothes and shoes and cars..... you're wasting you time and life.... It's meaningless in the end. Wake the ? up, your brothers and sisters need you the most right now. Humanity needs us all! Stop glorifying objects!

People always say, "Hard work" deserves better things, better quality life.... as long as you WORK HARD you deserve it! That's ? . Most of the most evil villains in any movie, book, or reality are HARD WORKERS! Working hard at being evil! Does that make them worthy of what they got? No? Then why does corporate America get a pass? Why does White Supremacy get a pass? Oh, I know why... because they got Hollywood fooling your gullible ? into thinking they're the good guys.

I'm talking to you white people as well, REAL white people, the ones who have been conned into thinking their skin color is all that matters to them. I mean how ? up can one be to turn poor people against eachother? Poor white people creating or joining racist organizations to hate other people who are living just like them. Instead of coming together and fighting the real enemy. That's the biggest most successful distraction we witness today. Even rich white people think they're special. They're not. The people on top are using them as slave handlers, almost the same way they using house negros.

It's like a king who is white and takes all the riches and everything, women riches land everything... and the people who are slaving away to make sure the king gets everything are starting to get ? off and thinking about revolting. Well, the King figured out a way to maintain his thrown by pitting the people against eachother, rather than against him. He made a deal with the people that resemble him... He said, "Look, your white, I'm white, if I lose my throne, it will be a blow to you as well. If you keep those black people from trying to take my things, I'll give you more of my riches than I give them.... I'll give you more food, more homes and more women if you keep me er I mean 'US' on the throne. They're just jealous of what 'us white people' got and they want it for themselves." <~~~~~ This is the tactic they have been using this whole time and we're falling for it. The king does give a ? about what color your skin is... he cares about himself. The DEVIL only cares about himself. So he's going to cause division, confusion and chaos amongst the people so HE CAN REMAIN THEIR ? .

Black people, White people, Asian people, Latin people, ALL people.... let's dethrone this motha ? before he dooms us all!!!

Comments

• Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    although, I am certain there are more efficient examples, than Gucc;

there are far far more influential and impacting House ? 's assisting racists w/ annihilating or stagnating The Black Community, at a horrid pace...i.e...Obama, Jay-Z, pdiddy, Michael Steele, Clarence Thomas, Oprah, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, and other bootlicking Blacks.

It's all in there, bro. I didn't name too many names because there's way too many.... I mean you really can't go wrong in anyone you choose who isn't dead or deemed insane by the media or in prison.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »

Malcolm X was a great American. I think, however, it's a bit ironic that at the time of this speech, the Nation basically treating him like a puppet with good stage presence.
    "Malcolm X once compared himself to a ventriloquist's ? who could only say what Elijah Muhammad told him."
    Malcolm inspired his community, but in reality, he was just doing as he was told, not expressing himself.

And we all know what happened when he stopped letting Elijah Muhammad tell him what to say. I wish Malcolm had been given more time on earth to speak from his own heart, and not just relay the words of another man.

I mean no disrespect to Malcolm X, either. I'm mainly noting this because it's just another example of how religious leaders will manipulate you and have you dedicating your life to doing their bidding, but the second you aren't doing their work for them anymore, you ain't worth ? in their eyes.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Malcolm X was a great American. I think, however, it's a bit ironic that at the time of this speech, the Nation basically treating him like a puppet with good stage presence.
    "Malcolm X once compared himself to a ventriloquist's ? who could only say what Elijah Muhammad told him."
    Malcolm inspired his community, but in reality, he was just doing as he was told, not expressing himself.

And we all know what happened when he stopped letting Elijah Muhammad tell him what to say. I wish Malcolm had been given more time on earth to speak from his own heart, and not just relay the words of another man.

I mean no disrespect to Malcolm X, either. I'm mainly noting this because it's just another example of how religious leaders will manipulate you and have you dedicating your life to doing their bidding, but the second you aren't doing their work for them anymore, you ain't worth ? in their eyes.

I think Malcolm was only told what topics to speak upon. The only time he was really speaking for Elija was when he would specifically say, "The honorable Elijah Mohammad teaches us that..." Then he would implement his own explanation and understanding of it. This is why the NOI was starting to get annoyed and then tried to silence Malcolm after a while. Eventually Malcolm left because of it.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think Malcolm was only told what topics to speak upon. The only time he was really speaking for Elija was when he would specifically say, "The honorable Elijah Mohammad teaches us that..." Then he would implement his own explanation and understanding of it. This is why the NOI was starting to get annoyed and then tried to silence Malcolm after a while. Eventually Malcolm left because of it.

No, E.M. told him what to say, when to say it, and how to say it.

You can tell the differences in interviews and speeches.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, E.M. told him what to say, when to say it, and how to say it.

You can tell the differences in interviews and speeches.

Meh... either way, I'm not concerned about who says what, I am only concerned about what is being said.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options

Then the point stands. He was out there spreading the word for Elijah Muhammad and then Elijah is trying to silence Malcolm for trying to lift the spirits of his people. Elijah wasn't about the cause. He was about himself.

Point being, Malcolm talks about the "house ? " but would it be unfair if someone called him a "Nation ? " in return?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how is gucci a house ? when he stays making whites (well and blacks) jealous with his material wealth and fame?
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Then the point stands. He was out there spreading the word for Elijah Muhammad and then Elijah is trying to silence Malcolm for trying to lift the spirits of his people. Elijah wasn't about the cause. He was about himself.

Point being, Malcolm talks about the "house ? " but would it be unfair if someone called him a "Nation ? " in return?

Ok well, I don't want to make this thread about Malcolm X, but I don't get what being a Nation ? and House ? has in common.... What is a nation ? ?

how is gucci a house ? when he stays making whites (well and blacks) jealous with his material wealth and fame?

I guess I gotta expect one post like this from you.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok well, I don't want to make this thread about Malcolm X, but I don't get what being a Nation ? and House ? has in common.... What is a nation ? ?

I was just using the term to make this point; Malcolm talked about the "House ? " who would always behave in whatever man pleased the white man, but Malcolm was basically doing the same thing for Elijah Muhammad and The Nation. He admired Elijah Muhammad so he went around saying whatever Elijah wanted him to say. That's sort of similar to the "House ? " who admires the white man and says whatever the white man wants to hear.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was just using the term to make this point; Malcolm talked about the "House ? " who would always behave in whatever man pleased the white man, but Malcolm was basically doing the same thing for Elijah Muhammad and The Nation. He admired Elijah Muhammad so he went around saying whatever Elijah wanted him to say. That's sort of similar to the "House ? " who admires the white man and says whatever the white man wants to hear.

The thing is, A house ? may not always be aware that he's a house ? . Malcolms intentions was to help and wake up his people, and he truly thought what he was doing was the answer. When he found out that like you said, Elijah might not have been the most honest person, Malcolm realized he needed to get out and help his people on his own terms.

A House ? is tricked into believing that what his master has, is the best thing for him, and therefore he acts however he needs to in order to be in that position. However, in morst cases, if a house ? becomes aware of what he's doing, he wont stop but continue to act a fool just in order to get by better than his alternative, which is going back to being a field ? .

In the case of an ignorant house negor becoming aware of what he's doing and then changing his ways no matter the consequence, then I guess you could compare that to what happened to Malcolm to an extent. I think that's exactly what happened to Tupac. Tupac realized what was going on, he woke up to it and decided to oppose it, and it got him killed just like Malcolm.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How is that possible, when he was one of few people who lived his Life speaking-truth-to-White Establishment and White's Racism? Do you not understand nor grasp, the price a Black man pays in society? When he chooses to use his Life, to expose those real and tangible forces, working against Black people?

Have you not seen the places where Civil-Rights advocates get treated like ? ? Did you not count how many whimsical, surreptitious, irs audits that the racist-Bush Administration hit the NAACP, Rev. Sharpton, and Rev. Jackson with...from 2000-'08? For no viable reasons, whatsoever?

I think you need to go back, consider quite a bit more reality than you do, when gauging Malcolm's mission statement/productivity.

If you bothered to read the entirety of my statements, you would see the part where I applaud Malcolm and call him a great American, as well as state that he should have had more time on this earth to spread the truth he spoke.
    But that doesn't change the fact that Malcolm was being used by Elijah Muhammad as a mere puppet, and that Malcolm was saying whatever Elijah wanted him to say. And to make it clear enough for you, Malcolm himself eventually realized that Elijah and the Nation only saw him as a commodity, so he left and started speaking for himself. Then they killed him.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In the case of an ignorant house negor becoming aware of what he's doing and then changing his ways no matter the consequence, then I guess you could compare that to what happened to Malcolm to an extent. I think that's exactly what happened to Tupac. Tupac realized what was going on, he woke up to it and decided to oppose it, and it got him killed just like Malcolm.

I know this will stir up a bunch of ? that doesn't need to be hashed out in this thread, but I gotta say it anyway. Can we be real about Tupac? He wasn't no ? Malcolm X. I would give Tupac credit for using his work to articulate the frustration and anger of poor minorities, but he wasn't dropping knowledge or making any relevant statements about "what was going on". And even if we don't agree with each other about what exactly WAS going on, this much is obvious. Let's take a look...

After getting out of jail, Tupac began referring to himself as "Makaveli", a stylized spelling of "Machiavelli", the author mostly known for writing "The Prince", a famous 16th century guide to savvy and shrewdness while wielding power and taking on adversaries. Tupac says he read this book, and I take him at his word, but considering that he renamed himself "Makaveli" afterward, I have a lot of doubts as to whether or not he understood it at all. Rather than displaying savvy or shrewdness, Pac basically told every New York rapper and their crew "? you" and claimed he would ? them all. I don't believe this was what Machiavelli had in mind.
    But enough of that. Shortly before being murdered, Tupac finished recording the new "Makaveli" album, Don Killuminati: The Seven Day Theory. Whether or not Tupac was properly applied Machiavellian principle properly by public announcing his intentions of murdering everyone in New York would no longer be relevant. So, let's get to it......and.....the first track is a diss at some guys from New York. Great. Next track is called "Hail Mary", and it sounds quite eerie. Perhaps he's going to reveal the- oh, it's about murdering enemies. Then the next track is about getting laid, and also includes an implication that Dr. Dre. is a homosexual. Ok, I could go on, but let me just say that in the middle of all this nonsense is a song called "White Man'z World". Here it comes with that truth!!! Ah....ok he says that being in jail is unpleasant. Well that sounds pretty true. And now he's talking about his friend getting murdered, and he's going to murder the culprits back. Um, oh hey! He just shouted out the names of some political prisoners! Yeah! Take that, system!
    Well ? it, this is going nowhere. Why don't we just get to what Makaveli himself said was "the realest ? I ever wrote". Here it is, "Against all Odds". Realest ? ever, I can't wait! Now Pac will finally expose the truth that...........Nas rapped about getting shot but it didn't actually happen. Oh. And Puffy is a ? . Shhh, not so loud Pac! The New World Order will have your head for this startling revelation!

Ooops, some nobody beat them to it though. RIP Pac.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know this will stir up a bunch of ? that doesn't need to be hashed out in this thread, but I gotta say it anyway. Can we be real about Tupac? He wasn't no ? Malcolm X. I would give Tupac credit for using his work to articulate the frustration and anger of poor minorities, but he wasn't dropping knowledge or making any relevant statements about "what was going on". And even if we don't agree with each other about what exactly WAS going on, this much is obvious. Let's take a look...

After getting out of jail, Tupac began referring to himself as "Makaveli", a stylized spelling of "Machiavelli", the author mostly known for writing "The Prince", a famous 16th century guide to savvy and shrewdness while wielding power and taking on adversaries. Tupac says he read this book, and I take him at his word, but considering that he renamed himself "Makaveli" afterward, I have a lot of doubts as to whether or not he understood it at all. Rather than displaying savvy or shrewdness, Pac basically told every New York rapper and their crew "? you" and claimed he would ? them all. I don't believe this was what Machiavelli had in mind.
    But enough of that. Shortly before being murdered, Tupac finished recording the new "Makaveli" album, Don Killuminati: The Seven Day Theory. Whether or not Tupac was properly applied Machiavellian principle properly by public announcing his intentions of murdering everyone in New York would no longer be relevant. So, let's get to it......and.....the first track is a diss at some guys from New York. Great. Next track is called "Hail Mary", and it sounds quite eerie. Perhaps he's going to reveal the- oh, it's about murdering enemies. Then the next track is about getting laid, and also includes an implication that Dr. Dre. is a homosexual. Ok, I could go on, but let me just say that in the middle of all this nonsense is a song called "White Man'z World". Here it comes with that truth!!! Ah....ok he says that being in jail is unpleasant. Well that sounds pretty true. And now he's talking about his friend getting murdered, and he's going to murder the culprits back. Um, oh hey! He just shouted out the names of some political prisoners! Yeah! Take that, system!
    Well ? it, this is going nowhere. Why don't we just get to what Makaveli himself said was "the realest ? I ever wrote". Here it is, "Against all Odds". Realest ? ever, I can't wait! Now Pac will finally expose the truth that...........Nas rapped about getting shot but it didn't actually happen. Oh. And Puffy is a ? . Shhh, not so loud Pac! The New World Order will have your head for this startling revelation!

Ooops, some nobody beat them to it though. RIP Pac.

Pac was not Malcolm, but he had potential to become the next Maloclm. They took his ass out before he got that far. That song about murdering NEw York Rappers was purely instigated by Suge Knight. Suge owned Pac at that time and Pac had no choice but to make that song. Pac was ? off and vented in a way he shouldn't have. Pac was not perfect... we're not saying that. But he definitely had some very good interviews and off the mic things too say, which showed his potential and the fact he had so many fans is what scared the people in power and they killed him before he could have any type of true impact.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Pac was not Malcolm, but he had potential to become the next Maloclm. They took his ass out before he got that far. That song about murdering NEw York Rappers was purely instigated by Suge Knight. Suge owned Pac at that time and Pac had no choice but to make that song. Pac was ? off and vented in a way he shouldn't have. Pac was not perfect... we're not saying that. But he definitely had some very good interviews and off the mic things too say, which showed his potential and the fact he had so many fans is what scared the people in power and they killed him before he could have any type of true impact.

I completely disagree. I saw Pac as an "everyman" character for the hood. He didn't really have much insight to what was happening in the world, but he was good at expressing the desperate need for a better existence that so many people from the inner-city felt.But bottom line, the last album Pac recorded before his death was "Don Killuminati". The name itself played into the idea that the newly re-branded "Makaveli" would reveal some wild ? . Then he basically spends most of the album talking about murder, ? , money, and how soft people from NYC are. Honestly, I don't think he was gonna get "that far", I think he was talking big but had no substance to back it up.

I'm not even saying this as a diss to Pac (though I think he screwed up his legacy severely with all the "Makaveli" era ? I already mentioned), but a good Pac line about how things really are is this: "They got money for war/ But can't feed the poor". And honestly, I respect that. It's not groundbreaking ? and "they' won't ? anyone for saying it, but the lower class and working class (which most of the inner city falls into) generally don't think about politics or public policy much at all. This is a good start, because if you go with the advanced ? for someone who hasn't ever spent much time thinking about these things, you'll lose them. Pac gave a good first nudge, but he was hardly the type of revolutionary that people in power would feel threatened by.

PS: If nothing else, is it not fair to say the name-change to "Makaveli" is suspect because his behavior from that point onward does not display even a minimal understanding of The Prince, which Pac supposedly read.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I completely disagree. I saw Pac as an "everyman" character for the hood. He didn't really have much insight to what was happening in the world, but he was good at expressing the desperate need for a better existence that so many people from the inner-city felt.But bottom line, the last album Pac recorded before his death was "Don Killuminati". The name itself played into the idea that the newly re-branded "Makaveli" would reveal some wild ? . Then he basically spends most of the album talking about murder, ? , money, and how soft people from NYC are. Honestly, I don't think he was gonna get "that far", I think he was talking big but had no substance to back it up.

I'm not even saying this as a diss to Pac (though I think he screwed up his legacy severely with all the "Makaveli" era ? I already mentioned), but a good Pac line about how things really are is this: "They got money for war/ But can't feed the poor". And honestly, I respect that. It's not groundbreaking ? and "they' won't ? anyone for saying it, but the lower class and working class (which most of the inner city falls into) generally don't think about politics or public policy much at all. This is a good start, because if you go with the advanced ? for someone who hasn't ever spent much time thinking about these things, you'll lose them. Pac gave a good first nudge, but he was hardly the type of revolutionary that people in power would feel threatened by.

PS: If nothing else, is it not fair to say the name-change to "Makaveli" is suspect because his behavior from that point onward does not display even a minimal understanding of The Prince, which Pac supposedly read.

I'm not talking about his music albums. The music industry, especially the mainstream will not publish something they opposes their agenda. It's not like Makaveli was released on his own private owned label or something. To be honest, I havent heard too much of that album so I can't comment on what was said. You have to have seen some of the things he was saying in his interviews though. He was saying things that no other Mainstream Top artist in the industry was saying. It might not be ground breaking to someone like you or me, or anyone that is not with their eyes glued the ? shut, but these people want the hood batshit stupid. I mean they want us zombies..... For pac to even be saying something like How the churches in the hood making all this money, and building bigger buildings for their religion but their's still homeless people living in the stree on the same block... That is definitely the type of ? they don't want a number one record selling artist to be talking about. Period. Pac was a rebel, and he did not like to be controlled, and that was exactly what they were trying to do but they couldn't shut him up unless they shot him dead. Eventually, he would have kept speaking his mind, and in time he would have free'd himself from DEATHROW records... which he was trying to do at the time of his death, and At that point, who knows what he would have ended up doing.

Pac had to rap about murder and beefing with NY because he signed a deal with Suge to get out of prison, and legally, Suge pretty much owned his ass and told Pac what to put on his albums. And I am definitely convinced Suge was in on PAcs death. Suge is just... you can see the evil Aura coming off that dude.. lol for real. There's nothing benevolent about him imo...

Music aside, Pac's insight on the world and his views on reality were not really in the same boat as his latest albums.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The TERM house ? is not relevant today and there is no TRUE Devil.As long as the black men in question are not out on the streets polluting black communities with drugs and crime,how can you idiots call them out? When you do business in this Country you will have to work with whites rather you like it or not.A smart man uses them to get ahead while a dumb man stands to the side and hates on the smart man.Gucci is a walking stereotype and bafoon,but a HOUSE ? he isn't.You so could militant black posters are a ? JOKE.Go do something with your life and stop hating on people who are successful.

And SMH@ comparing Pac to Malcolm.? out of here.pac did not have the influence that X had with black people in general and X was only a leader because of the civil rights age.There will never be another MX or MLK because one is not needed.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm not talking about his music albums. The music industry, especially the mainstream will not publish something they opposes their agenda. It's not like Makaveli was released on his own private owned label or something. To be honest, I havent heard too much of that album so I can't comment on what was said. You have to have seen some of the things he was saying in his interviews though. He was saying things that no other Mainstream Top artist in the industry was saying. It might not be ground breaking to someone like you or me, or anyone that is not with their eyes glued the ? shut, but these people want the hood batshit stupid. I mean they want us zombies..... For pac to even be saying something like How the churches in the hood making all this money, and building bigger buildings for their religion but their's still homeless people living in the stree on the same block... That is definitely the type of ? they don't want a number one record selling artist to be talking about. Period. Pac was a rebel, and he did not like to be controlled, and that was exactly what they were trying to do but they couldn't shut him up unless they shot him dead. Eventually, he would have kept speaking his mind, and in time he would have free'd himself from DEATHROW records... which he was trying to do at the time of his death, and At that point, who knows what he would have ended up doing.

Pac had to rap about murder and beefing with NY because he signed a deal with Suge to get out of prison, and legally, Suge pretty much owned his ass and told Pac what to put on his albums. And I am definitely convinced Suge was in on PAcs death. Suge is just... you can see the evil Aura coming off that dude.. lol for real. There's nothing benevolent about him imo...

Music aside, Pac's insight on the world and his views on reality were not really in the same boat as his latest albums.
    Ok, I understand what you're saying about the album content being out of his control, but I still think you're making too much of Pac. You cited him saying "How the churches in the hood making all this money, and building bigger buildings for their religion but their's still homeless people living in the street on the same block". Ok, the attitude is a bit subversive there, but to suggest that saying ? like got him merked is kind of silly. Have you heard George Carlin talk about religion? Carlin goes way harder at churches, and steps on way more toes than what Pac said. And in Carlin's 40+ year career, I'm pretty sure he built up a bigger fanbase than Pac had. One of the most iconic names in showbiz can trash religion (check out the video below) on a 10 minute rant during an HBO special, but a popular rapper gets killed for raising one question about the church?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Tupac realized what was going on, he woke up to it and decided to oppose it, and it got him killed just like Malcolm.
    why must we continually overstate Tupac like this
    Pac was not Malcolm, but he had potential to become the next Maloclm.
    WHY WHY WHY
    I know this will stir up a bunch of ? that doesn't need to be hashed out in this thread, but I gotta say it anyway. Can we be real about Tupac? He wasn't no ? Malcolm X.
    yes, more of this please
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok, I understand what you're saying about the album content being out of his control, but I still think you're making too much of Pac. You cited him saying "How the churches in the hood making all this money, and building bigger buildings for their religion but their's still homeless people living in the street on the same block". Ok, the attitude is a bit subversive there, but to suggest that saying ? like got him merked is kind of silly. Have you heard George Carlin talk about religion? Carlin goes way harder at churches, and steps on way more toes than what Pac said. And in Carlin's 40+ year career, I'm pretty sure he built up a bigger fanbase than Pac had. One of the most iconic names in showbiz can trash religion (check out the video below) on a 10 minute rant during an HBO special, but a popular rapper gets killed for raising one question about the church?

George Carlin is not exactly reaching the black community on a scale that Pac was... sorry, two different boats.

Mad Jack wrote: »
    The TERM house ? is not relevant today and there is no TRUE Devil.As long as the black men in question are not out on the streets polluting black communities with drugs and crime,how can you idiots call them out? When you do business in this Country you will have to work with whites rather you like it or not.A smart man uses them to get ahead while a dumb man stands to the side and hates on the smart man.Gucci is a walking stereotype and bafoon,but a HOUSE ? he isn't.You so could militant black posters are a ? JOKE.Go do something with your life and stop hating on people who are successful.

And SMH@ comparing Pac to Malcolm.? out of here.pac did not have the influence that X had with black people in general and X was only a leader because of the civil rights age.There will never be another MX or MLK because one is not needed.

You're either a house ? or white supremacist. gtfoh with that same nonsesne. This over consuming destructive life style is not for humanity.

janklow wrote: »
    why must we continually overstate Tupac like this

WHY WHY WHY

yes, more of this please

Ok this thread is not about Pac.... let's drop this.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    George Carlin is not exactly reaching the black community on a scale that Pac was... sorry, two different boats.

So what? He was reaching more people than Pac. And what impact was Pac's message having anyway? I never hear anyone talk about Pac's influence on black people (or any people) and religion. That Carlin video I posted is quite possibly the most famous and acclaimed anti-religion speech in pop culture history. Carlin emboldened Catholics to overcome the fear that the Priests and Nuns indoctrinated them with.

Tupac said this....
    And, possibly because the vast majority of his fans never heard/saw it, his words had much less impact.

Now that aside, I'm really starting to question your line of thinking here. The "people in power" don't care if one of the most famous comedians ever goes on national television and blasts all religious establishments, thoroughly ripping organized religion in general a new one. But then if Tupac says that churches in the hood should be giving more money to the poor, they say "? , ? THAT ? !!!"
    Unless you somehow think that black clergy secretly run the country, I don't understand how we've arrived here.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So what? He was reaching more people than Pac. And what impact was Pac's message having anyway? I never hear anyone talk about Pac's influence on black people (or any people) and religion. That Carlin video I posted is quite possibly the most famous and acclaimed anti-religion speech in pop culture history. Carlin emboldened Catholics to overcome the fear that the Priests and Nuns indoctrinated them with.

Tupac said this....
    And, possibly because the vast majority of his fans never heard/saw it, his words had much less impact.

Now that aside, I'm really starting to question your line of thinking here. The "people in power" don't care if one of the most famous comedians ever goes on national television and blasts all religious establishments, thoroughly ripping organized religion in general a new one. But then if Tupac says that churches in the hood should be giving more money to the poor, they say "? , ? THAT ? !!!"
    Unless you somehow think that black clergy secretly run the country, I don't understand how we've arrived here.

sigh.... The one line pac said about the church was an example of the things he was saying. I didn't say they killed pac just cuz he said that one thing.

Also, Carlin reaching most people is like say reaching most Americans, which is saying most of the people he was reaching were "white people". The same people that in my king analogy are reaping the benefits of, for example, a church making millions of dollars and then keeping those millions of dollars flowing through the white community 20 times before any other community ever sees same said money. You think they're going to give that up because Carlin exposed the ? of religion to them? No, you'll see them in church that same sunday thanking ? for their BLESSINGS. The black community on the other... if they aren't chasing the bling bling, busting caps for bricks or worrying about how much ice they got in their teeth... they can't exactly ignore the reality of the condition their community is in..... Tupac would have been able to draw thsese peoples attentions away from all the distractions because of his fan base within the black community. Calrin is not reaching the projects on that kind of scale, I'm sorry but he's no threat to White supremacy whatsoever.
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sigh.... The one line pac said about the church was an example of the things he was saying. I didn't say they killed pac just cuz he said that one thing.

Also, Carlin reaching most people is like say reaching most Americans, which is saying most of the people he was reaching were "white people". The same people that in my king analogy are reaping the benefits of, for example, a church making millions of dollars and then keeping those millions of dollars flowing through the white community 20 times before any other community ever sees same said money. You think they're going to give that up because Carlin exposed the ? of religion to them? No, you'll see them in church that same sunday thanking ? for their BLESSINGS. The black community on the other... if they aren't chasing the bling bling, busting caps for bricks or worrying about how much ice they got in their teeth... they can't exactly ignore the reality of the condition their community is in..... Tupac would have been able to draw thsese peoples attentions away from all the distractions because of his fan base within the black community. Calrin is not reaching the projects on that kind of scale, I'm sorry but he's no threat to White supremacy whatsoever.

Let me clear up a couple things.

1. Churches don't keep money flowing through the white community. Churches facilitate the transfer of money from gullible people to the church and those who run it.

2. As Pac's criticism suggests, the previous point holds true in black churches as well. Tupac's comments were not a threat to white supremacy. They were a threat to black clergy.

3. I don't know what alternate universe you're looking at here, but Tupac was NOT, in any way, a threat to any power structure in America. You can keep imagining that he was if you want. Tupac's legacy is surrounded with delusion, from those who think he's still alive to those who think he's Jesus. At any rate, the truth is that the feds were spying on Malcolm X and MLK like crazy, gathering everything they could get on those dudes. IF they even knew who Tupac Shakur was, they never took him seriously like they did MLK and Malcolm. You know why? Cause MLK and Malcolm X were leaders of serious movements that demanded change to the status quo. Tupac occasionally took a break from rhyming "enemy" with "hennessy" to briefly give some minor social commentary. Then he immediately went back to screaming thug life and ? biggie. Face the facts, there was no movement and no threat building around this guy.
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let me clear up a couple things.

1. Churches don't keep money flowing through the white community. Churches facilitate the transfer of money from gullible people to the church and those who run it.

2. As Pac's criticism suggests, the previous point holds true in black churches as well. Tupac's comments were not a threat to white supremacy. They were a threat to black clergy.

3. I don't know what alternate universe you're looking at here, but Tupac was NOT, in any way, a threat to any power structure in America. You can keep imagining that he was if you want. Tupac's legacy is surrounded with delusion, from those who think he's still alive to those who think he's Jesus. At any rate, the truth is that the feds were spying on Malcolm X and MLK like crazy, gathering everything they could get on those dudes. IF they even knew who Tupac Shakur was, they never took him seriously like they did MLK and Malcolm. You know why? Cause MLK and Malcolm X were leaders of serious movements that demanded change to the status quo. Tupac occasionally took a break from rhyming "enemy" with "hennessy" to briefly give some minor social commentary. Then he immediately went back to screaming thug life and ? biggie. Face the facts, there was no movement and no threat building around this guy.

I'm done..... smh
  • shootemwon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I accept your surrender and admission of defeat :cool:
  • Chike
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I accept your surrender and admission of defeat :cool:

Ego much? This is why you truly lost, bruh.