Fellas... I gotta question for ya'll :)

Purr
Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Im currently talking to this guy and we had ventured into the religious topic. He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic and I am not ( I am agnostic). He is a pretty dope guy that I am digging BUT I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic. He's truly what I like in a guy personality wise/appearance/fashion. Im quite sure that telling him this will be a deal breaker; I mean I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday that is mandatory for church.

Like what would you guys do if you met a chic that has all of the qualities that you desire BUT she's not religious at all?

Comments

• Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I'll tell you on aim.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Nope, will always stay true to myself. If don't accept me for who I am, then, they can leave.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Dress up like a nun on holloween.
    ? .
    Mission Accomplished.

Have yourself a hunnid Racks. Job well done.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Christians by very definition are hypocrites and liars. You're likely more "holy" than he is. Just go through the motions and let him think you believe in his little fairytale.

Men do it all the time just not about religion. Hell females do it all the time to men. Let him/her believe what they gonna believe and keep it moving.

THe problem is ? will come to a head eventually. Most Christian men will pull that "head of the household cuz the Bible said so" ? on your ass eventually.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    marry her

atleast heated religious arguments wouldn't be in issue in the household
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    It wouldn't bother me; I'm not terribly religious myself.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    id tell dat ? she better ascertain a religion..
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Obvious deal breaker b/c of something that is part of the fabric of the person...why waste another minute...have some sex (or get what you want) then move on
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    it shouldnt be a TOTAL deal breaker, me and my girl have mad debates on the topic but i dont mind it
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Christians by very definition are hypocrites and liars. You're likely more "holy" than he is. Just go through the motions and let him think you believe in his little fairytale.

Men do it all the time just not about religion. Hell females do it all the time to men. Let him/her believe what they gonna believe and keep it moving.

THe problem is ? will come to a head eventually. Most Christian men will pull that "head of the household cuz the Bible said so" ? on your ass eventually.

Your right about that and I'm a christian. I can't really relate to overly religious people cause they constantly contradict themselves.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

More than likely im going to take the smart route and let him believe I believe in it.
    For the "head of household" issue, I'm pretty submissive when it comes to relationships. So, that shouldnt be an issue at all.
  • oldhead77
    oldhead77 Members Posts: 862 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    It honestly wouldn't bother me not one bit......as long as she's spiritual (hence I said spiritual and not religious BIG difference between the two).

I don't wanna ? on your parade T/S but alot of "so-called Religious types or Religious freaks are not as righteous/holy as they portray themselves to be".

I'm not judging but take that previous above statement with a grain of salt and best of luck to ya.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    If the IRA started letting protestants into the Army, no reason a Catholic and a Prtotestant can't be together.

Oh wait... You're agnostic so ? off.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    If it isnt a big deal for you id say just grab a wing and fly with dude. Yall going to be alright.

The problem is going to come if yall get really close and yall get around his family and all that.

If yall get far enough to talk about kids seriously, thats another big issue about if you are going to raise them in the church.

Christians are usually very judgemental and they want it thier way or no way at all..good luck big homie
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Tell him he can't get none unless yall get married.
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited October 2010
    be honest....that's the key to everything in a relationship....
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    More than likely im going to take the smart route and let him believe I believe in it.
    For the "head of household" issue, I'm pretty submissive when it comes to relationships. So, that shouldnt be an issue at all.

how is that the smart route you dumb ? ? lying isnt smart. neither is playing a guy.

black women <<<<
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

I can't tell you how true that statement is. But I wouldn't say play along if he is serious, (truth is, if you 2 are already ? he aint really that serious about it, that may be his out in the long run). Darxwell is right though, if he is truly devoted to his faith there will be problems. Catholics aren't too far behind Jews and Muslims when it comes to trying to convert people. He may seem perfect now, but you are asking for major and constant headaches later.
  • texican11
    texican11 Members Posts: 447
    edited October 2010
    Im currently talking to this guy and we had ventured into the religious topic. He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic and I am not ( I am agnostic). He is a pretty dope guy that I am digging BUT I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic. He's truly what I like in a guy personality wise/appearance/fashion. Im quite sure that telling him this will be a deal breaker; I mean I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday that is mandatory for church.

Like what would you guys do if you met a chic that has all of the qualities that you desire BUT she's not religious at all?

Let me break down your thread....

1)You are just "currently talking" to this dude...
    -But you make it sound like its something more
    *You just talking dont sweat it and stress about it...

2)"He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic..."
    -Maybe just maybe this is a way for him to let you know that you are NOT the one he is looking for..
    (You are just good enough for right now)

3)"I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic...."
    -How do you know he will have an issue with this???
    -You are just doing what every other girl does..
    *assuming ? taht they dont know nothing about
    (talk to him...taht how you find out...dont use" the im a women so I know eveything" myth
    -Maybe this will NOT be adealbreaker...
    *Maybe it will be something else you do...

4)"I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday.."
    -Why are you jumping into conclusions...
    *He is NOT inviting you to his church yet
    -and you already talking about this probably making plans and thinking about outfits huh???
    (Dont jump the gun yet...)

5)Not taht is important...
    -But this dude is black or latino...
    (Cuz there are not taht many black catholics outthere
    -I just know one (Kevein Durant from OKlahoma City Thunder)
    *** He does the sign of the cross ( "IN THE NAME+ of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." )
    Before he hits the court
    --This is a 100% catholic rite
    (Evetho other organized religions have use it..just so they can look cool
    But must of them dont know the significance)

6)Back to the race issue (NOT that is important)
    But you gotta understand one thing...
    When it comes to religion... Catholic Latinos dont go about it like Blacks
    (You know how African Americans will invite each other if they are dating to church)
    Latinos will invite some one that they are serious about..
    So the girl can meet the his parents
    -If he invites you to his church
    Be prepare to meet his mommy, sisters, aunties (Most of the females and children in his family)
    Not the males cuz most males dont go to church
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    riddlerap wrote: »
    how is that the smart route you dumb ? ? lying isnt smart. neither is playing a guy.

black women <<<<
    SMH @ Her reasoning.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

Being raised Catholic and knowing the things about men that you like on here I can tell you more than likely it won't matter. One thing honestly that is preached in Catholic mass is acceptance of others beliefs.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

black women <<<<

nothin more to say
  • GhettoPolice
    GhettoPolice Members Posts: 96
    edited October 2010

black women <<<<

lol haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! dayum
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    texican11 wrote: »
    Let me break down your thread....

1)You are just "currently talking" to this dude...
    -But you make it sound like its something more
    *You just talking dont sweat it and stress about it...

2)"He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic..."
    -Maybe just maybe this is a way for him to let you know that you are NOT the one he is looking for..
    (You are just good enough for right now)

3)"I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic...."
    -How do you know he will have an issue with this???
    -You are just doing what every other girl does..
    *assuming ? taht they dont know nothing about
    (talk to him...taht how you find out...dont use" the im a women so I know eveything" myth
    -Maybe this will NOT be adealbreaker...
    *Maybe it will be something else you do...

4)"I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday.."
    -Why are you jumping into conclusions...
    *He is NOT inviting you to his church yet
    -and you already talking about this probably making plans and thinking about outfits huh???
    (Dont jump the gun yet...)

5)Not taht is important...
    -But this dude is black or latino...
    (Cuz there are not taht many black catholics outthere
    -I just know one (Kevein Durant from OKlahoma City Thunder)
    *** He does the sign of the cross ( "IN THE NAME+ of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." )
    Before he hits the court
    --This is a 100% catholic rite
    (Evetho other organized religions have use it..just so they can look cool
    But must of them dont know the significance)

6)Back to the race issue (NOT that is important)
    But you gotta understand one thing...
    When it comes to religion... Catholic Latinos dont go about it like Blacks
    (You know how African Americans will invite each other if they are dating to church)
    Latinos will invite some one that they are serious about..
    So the girl can meet the his parents
    -If he invites you to his church
    Be prepare to meet his mommy, sisters, aunties (Most of the females and children in his family)
    Not the males cuz most males dont go to church

close thread nothing else needs to be said
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    me and my ex of three years split ? i wouldnt convert to islam.....sumtimes ure ideal partner isnt ure ideal partner...life is ? that way sometimes