Answer This For ME......

P. Town
P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
How can you claim sombody is garbage, yet claim you don't listen to them, despite them bein in the game a while?

Example
If you heard Crank That Soulja Boy, and maybe a few other joints when dude first dropped, then heard his album and concluded that he was garbage, but 3 years later he still around...How can you claim not to listen to him, but call him garbage and you ain't heard nothin since '07...I mean did Lil Wayne not totally transform himself after his 3rd album?
Therefore I stand by my choice of even if I think someone is wack, If I see they dropped a new joint I will check it out

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    It depends on what you consider wack about them. If you took absolutely no positives from the first listen I don't see why you would keep checking for the artist. Sometimes you may say..."ok that was wack, but the subject matter was decent...if he can step up the flow/delivery I may give his stuff another listen." If it's totally wack...why bother? Only way I'll know if Nicki Minaj somehow becomes nice is if I hear someone ride by bangin' it in the whip (lolz)...cuz I won't be checking for it.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    A rapper can be garbage no matter how good their bars and flow is. Content matters. Its the same reason somebody can say Jay is garbage compared to Nas (lies). Its all about the perspective of the listener. Everybody has a different tolerance level for ? .
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    A rapper can be garbage no matter how good their bars and flow is. Content matters. Its the same reason somebody can say Jay is garbage compared to Nas (lies). Its all about the perspective of the listener. Everybody has a different tolerance level for ? .

This^ There always be contradictory opinions on what people veiw as wack.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    If I write a ? off as garbage its because he is lacking in a LARGE number of areas not just lyrical ability, and im not gonna check for his ? again, i dont think there has ever been a rapper that iv wrote off thats come back and changed my mind
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Like i said under therealist .. I listen to all the artist i dont like, just so i can explain in detail why i dont like em'.