WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    trent dilfer ethering mcnabb

I hate this fool, his love for Favre is disgusting.

''Brett Favre is bigger than the league'' - Dilfer
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shanahan is a terrible coach, the Broncos were garbage when he left them, but for some reason he got work in the Redskins like he was going to change the game with McNabb and then he goes and puts in Rex Grossman lol.

lol at cardiovascular endurance.

Oh yeah, Dilfer is trash as well, talking like his word is law or something. Talking about Favre and his "magic." lol
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    trent dilfer ethering mcnabb

He doesn't need to be talking about clutch but I understand where he's coming from.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mcnabb been a ? his whole life and will continue to get treated like this...i seen a beyond the glory on him and basically his family moved to a white neighborhood where they weren't wanted and was subject to abuse and his parents just shucked and jived their wait to acceptance and instilled that mentality into their chicldren to never stand up gainst white people who do you wrong
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "Donovan Mcnabb and Tom Brady has the same amount of game winning Drives, which is 24" - ESPN, Fox Sports and NFL Network

Shanahan has lost a lot of creditbility.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? just got worst for mcnabb. the redskins are bringing in jamarcus russel for a tryout

JaMarcus Russell Meeting with Redskins
    Updated: Tuesday, 02 Nov 2010, 10:12 AM CDT
    Published : Tuesday, 02 Nov 2010, 9:24 AM CDT

MARK BERMAN
    Sports Director
    HOUSTON - NFL sources told FOX 26 Sports former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell will work out Tuesday for the Washington Redskins.

Russell, the number one overall draft pick in 2007, was released by the Raiders in May. In three years as a starting quarterback in Oakland, Russell had 7-18 record.

For three months, Russell has been working with former NBA head coach John Lucas in Houston in an effort to get a second chance in the NFL.

Lucas, who had his own share of off-the-court-issues as a player, is nationally known for working with troubled athletes.

Last week, Russell had a blip on his radar erased when a Mobile County (Ala.) grand jury declined to indict him on charges of possession of a controlled substance.

The grand jury cited insufficient evidence concerning Russell's July 5 arrest for possession of codeine syrup without a valid prescription. A friend had testified in court that a drink laced wth codeine was his and not Russell's.

On Oct. 20, Russell told FOX 26 Sports he was convinced he would get another shot at playing quarterback in the NFL.

"I know for a fact," said Russell then. "I have faith in ? and strong beliefs. I know for a fact. It's going to happen.

"I can't say when, but until it happens I am going to stay here in Houston and continue to work out each and every day no matter how long it takes."

Asked if he has any doubts he can help an NFL team, Russell said, "None. None whatsoever. I need to be there."
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That's what I mean, they are only focusing on some of his losses in the 4th Quarter instead of talking about his wins also. He's played over 160 games, of course he's lost games in the 4th quarter, I think every QB has. But he's had many 4th Quarter comebacks and Game Winning Drives. It's not Mcnabb's fault when his Eagles won games, they blew people out, that's what they did. They were a high powered Offense even though only Mcnabb and Westbrook were the most powerful weapons.

Overall the whole thing in D.C. is a mess and I'm glad Donovan is quiet, "Bad Boys Move in Slience" cause Shanahan can't keep up with his lies about why he Benched Donovan. What's crazy about that list is Donovan had 3 4th Quarter game winning drives last year. And 2 of the 4 Redskins wins this year were 4th Quarter comebacks. So Donovan has had 5 4th Quarter game winning drives in the last 2 seasons. Not to mention in the Texans Lost in Overtime for the Skins, Mcnabb lead the team in FG Range and the kicker missed the FG. That would of been his 3rd 4th Quarter comeback this year. SMH @ Shanahan.

Exactly, but it gets even deeper than that:

The Redskins were down to their 3rd string running back, Portis was out and Torian got injured. Mcnabb wasnt getting any run support (but ironically he was their leading rusher on the day with 45 yards on 4 attempts!!)

The sick devil Shanahann is talking about hamstring injuries when Mcnabb ran for more yards than he has all season.

And to top it all off the Redskins have already matched their win total from last year without addressing their O-line and secondary issues.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    McNabb has to be the most disrespected future Hall of Famer in all of professional sports.
    I would have loved to see him QB the Bears back in 2006 on down.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i Didn't Know Shanahan was this full of ? , this dude is embarrassing himself.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "Donovan Mcnabb and Tom Brady has the same amount of game winning Drives, which is 24" - ESPN, Fox Sports and NFL Network

Shanahan has lost a lot of creditbility.

the only difference between them two is Brady had cameras.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh @ mr purple drank trying out for the redskins
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the only difference between them two is Brady had cameras.

and brady is still with the same team, under the same coach, running the same style offense; while mcnabb is on a new team, under a new coach, with different players
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shanahan is a terrible coach, the Broncos were garbage when he left them, but for some reason he got work in the Redskins like he was going to change the game with McNabb and then he goes and puts in Rex Grossman lol.

lol at cardiovascular endurance.

Oh yeah, Dilfer is trash as well, talking like his word is law or something. Talking about Favre and his "magic." lol

Shanahan is not terrible. Broncos were not garbage, they were 8-8 with a garbage defense(not his specialty). Hes already won more games for us then we had all of last season and Mcnabb hasnt been that great to say that its been all him. He just simply made a bad decision.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    and brady is still with the same team, under the same coach, running the same style offense; while mcnabb is on a new team, under a new coach, with different players

what u saying matt?
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what u saying matt?

that mcnabb is one of the greatest qb's of our generation and there is nothing that should make a coach bench him, if that were to ever happen it would tote a line of racism and outright hate by taking advantage of a superstar black qb who everyone knows will not buck back, and instead ride the company line.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that mcnabb is one of the greatest qb's of our generation and there is nothing that should make a coach bench him, if that were to ever happen it would tote a line of racism and outright hate by taking advantage of a superstar black qb who everyone knows will not buck back, and instead ride the company line.

is.........is that supposed to be sarcasm?

top 10 qb of the generation, check

nothing should make a coach bench him for Rex the Wack (McNabb w/ a broken ankle >>>>>>>>>>> Grossman), check

racism (controversial but understandable given some of the ass white QBs that seem to get a pass), check

mcnabb will not buck back, check
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Almost all qb's get ? on..people are turning on Carson Palmer, Romo gets the boos and hate, alex smith, and so on. it isn't just black ones. McNabb gets the most attention because he has been better than most black qb's, but the level of hate he gets from other fans isn't any different than the hate for romo. damn even peyton caught flack until he won a superbowl.

this whole thing has nothing to do with race, and has less to do with mcnabb. this is about Mike Shanahan and another unusual technique. the dude used to make his players in denver take lie detector tests when he wanted information

Yes, but Carson Palmer, Romo, and Favre don't get benched for Rex GROSSman when the game is still on the line. Not saying Shanahan is racist, but for a smart guy this is a real ? move. An even dumber one would be to bring in JaMarcus Russell.....aw damn too late. Hate it for Redskins fans.
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dilfer Career Stats:

Pass attempts 3,172
    Pass completions 1,759
    Percentage 55.5
    TD-INT 113-129
    Passing yards 20,518
    QB Rating 70.2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1994–1999)
    Baltimore Ravens (2000)
    Seattle Seahawks (2001–2004)
    Cleveland Browns (2005)
    San Francisco 49ers (2006–2007)

He think cause he won the Superbowl with one of the best Defenses of all time make him a great QB, lol. He's a journy man QB who go lucky with again one of the greatest defenses. He was only on Baltimore for 1 season, lol. Mcnabb has Hall of Fame numbers, Dilfer is not on his level. He has more INT's than TD's, lol.

Yeah! All he had to do was hand the ball to Jamal Lewis, throw a pass here or there, NOT ? UP, AND LET THE DEFENSE WIN THE GAME!!!
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i know yall black people hate Jason Whitlock, but he wrote the best piece of commentary on this event that i've seen anyone else write, on this site or anywhere else. he doesn't defend mcnabb so much as he exposes shanahan for being an often irrational control freak

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Donovan-McNabb-Mike-Shanahan-benching-Washington-Redskins-110210
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Let's ask Donovan what he thinks about having to compete with Purple Stuff Russell for his job soon.

mcnabbdoh-o.gif
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i know yall black people hate Jason Whitlock, but he wrote the best piece of commentary on this event that i've seen anyone else write, on this site or anywhere else. he doesn't defend mcnabb so much as he exposes shanahan for being an often irrational control freak

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Donovan-McNabb-Mike-Shanahan-benching-Washington-Redskins-110210

Whitlock is the white-mans dog, his job is to deflect any accusations of racism.

This is what Whitlock calls journalism: Before the week is over, I fully expect Shanahan to suggest that fried-chicken grease prevented McNabb from properly gripping the football. "

Jason Whitlock
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    McNabb has to be the most disrespected future Hall of Famer in all of professional sports.
    I would have loved to see him QB the Bears back in 2006 on down.

i remember the rumors of McNabb coming to the Bears back then. I reallt thought it was gonna happen.
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i remember the rumors of McNabb coming to the Bears back then. I reallt thought it was gonna happen.

i cant even remember what kept him from goin to the Bears. It was a sure thing he was leaving
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shannahan is full of s**t. I just lost respect for him. The excuses he's giving are obsurd. Any starting qb in the nfl can run a 2min. offense. Donavans career speaks for itself. I gave him a pass on the haynesworth fiasco but this is unacceptable.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i cant even remember what kept him from goin to the Bears. It was a sure thing he was leaving

considering what Chicago gave up to get Cutler I woulda loved to send his ass to Chicago for 1/2 what they gave up