WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options
15678911»

Comments

• IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ya'll ? on Grossman just because like that's the thing to do - popular opinion and all but dude get's a lot of undeserved hate - so McNabb took a team to the Super Bowl once and lost.. ok you know who else has done that? Rex Grossman.

one thing is for sure in all this, Mike Shanahan's football knowledge and inside view of the Redskins team and playbook >>>>> any random Cheap Seats poster in this thread. ya'll are just stoking your own anger because of race - so Shanahan's racist is that it? is that really the principle of this thread?
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ya'll ? on Grossman just because like that's the thing to do - popular opinion and all but dude get's a lot of undeserved hate - so McNabb took a team to the Super Bowl once and lost.. ok you know who else has done that? Rex Grossman.

one thing is for sure in all this, Mike Shanahan's football knowledge and inside view of the Redskins team and playbook >>>>> any random Cheap Seats poster in this thread. ya'll are just stoking your own anger because of race - so Shanahan's racist is that it? is that really the principle of this thread?

Grossman is garbage and his stats in the NFL are validation of that.

Stop stoking your anger because you are white and unhappy.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Bottom line is it was a stupid move by shanahan...you see as soon as rex came in he fumbled the ball and suh ran in for a td...karma is a ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No offense but opinions like this are stupid. This is football not tennis. You can't ignore a player's individual achievements because the team didn't win a championship. That would be a bad argument for basketball, but ? at least in basketball, one player can have impact on all phases of the game. McNabb is the QB. If the D or the Special Teams aren't playing up to par he has absolutely no control over that. And even on the offensive side, he can't block for himself, he can beat defenders for the receivers and catch the pass he throws, and he can't make the runningbacks break tackles and bust through holes. There are too many factors that are involved in winning a championship in the NFL to make it seem like a player can't be elite if they haven't done it. Not only that, but you keep boosting Rivers up, and how many championships has he won? How many superbowls has he even gotten to? If he's so great and his accomplishments speak so well for him without a championship under his belt, how come Donnovan's get ignored?
    Donovan accomplishments (or lack thereof) imo hasnt gotten ignored in fact his supporters routinely bring it up. My whole point you dont make the Hall of Fame for being good he only had 1 Great season.. I dont think his accomplishments warrant the praise he gets imo...As a Giants fan I never was impress by this guy performance... in fact I was always more worried about Philly D with Jim Johnston and Brian Westbrook than I ever was with McNabb. I simiply stated that Rivers been a better QB across the board than Mcnabb since hes been a fulltime starter and when someone asked to compare to Mcnabb prime years Rivers numbers were still better...

When a team plays A Mcnabb lead team You try to force Mcnabb to beat you with his arm IDK of any so called HOF QB that gameplaned that way...

As for other aspects of the team I would take Philly great Defense and Special Teams during Mcnabb prime years over what San Diego has had with Rivers any day of the week philly routinely had one of the best defenses in the NFL. Perhaps I have stricter standards Elite QB to me is top 5... Mcnabb doesnt make my top 5 QB of this decade and would struggle to make my top 10... and as for currently Mcnabb is not even anywhere close to a top ten QB in the NFL...

With regards to the Topic I agree Shananhan is ? idiot for doing what he did Mcnabb should not have been benched. With Mcnabb or not the Redskins would still suck imo....
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Grossman is garbage and his stats in the NFL are validation of that.

Stop stoking your anger because you are white and unhappy.

wildly inconsistant yea but garbage? naw.. garbage QB's don't throw 26 TD's in a season and lead an offense to the NFC Championship - period. he always had potential since being a Heisman runner-up - it was just squandered by the terrible Bears organization, kinda like what's happening nowadays.
    doubletee wrote: »
    Bottom line is it was a stupid move by shanahan...you see as soon as rex came in he fumbled the ball and suh ran in for a td...karma is a ? .

hindsight is always 20/20 - yea it was dumb as hell - McNabb is an elite QB of course. just not as ridiculous as ya'll are trying to make it. if it was really that crazy the Redskins organization would be talking about firing Shanahan
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Donovan accomplishments (or lack thereof) imo hasnt gotten ignored in fact his supporters routinely bring it up. My whole point you dont make the Hall of Fame for being good he only had 1 Great season.. I dont think his accomplishments warrant the praise he gets imo...As a Giants fan I never was impress by this guy performance... in fact I was always more worried about Philly D with Jim Johnston and Brian Westbrook than I ever was with McNabb. I simiply stated that Rivers been a better QB across the board than Mcnabb since hes been a fulltime starter and when someone asked to compare to Mcnabb prime years Rivers numbers were still better...

When a team plays A Mcnabb lead team You try to force Mcnabb to beat you with his arm IDK of any so called HOF QB that gameplaned that way...

As for other aspects of the team I would take Philly great Defense and Special Teams during Mcnabb prime years over what San Diego has had with Rivers any day of the week philly routinely had one of the best defenses in the NFL. Perhaps I have stricter standards Elite QB to me is top 5... Mcnabb doesnt make my top 5 QB of this decade and would struggle to make my top 10... and as for currently Mcnabb is not even anywhere close to a top ten QB in the NFL...

With regards to the Topic I agree Shananhan is ? idiot for doing what he did Mcnabb should not have been benched. With Mcnabb or not the Redskins would still suck imo....

we tellin jokes today
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    we tellin jokes today
    Im giving my opinon which I supported througout this thread.. you cant dispute anything I said....
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm not going to say Shanahan's a racist...but I think it was a dumb move coaching wise.

It was one of things that could go either very bad or very good. Quick.

Rex comes in and drives down the field to score, Shanahan looks like a genius.

Rex comes in and fumbles the bad immediately, Shanahan looks like a ? .

Maybe Rex had been lobbying for a shot recently and Shanahan gave it to him? Either way I could see benching McNabb for something else. Not Donovan "Campbell's Chunky Soup" McNabb, but definitely Donovan "Dr. Pepper" McNabb.
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    at least mine looks legit
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

This is the worst post in this thread...im actually saddened by this...
    wildly inconsistant yea but garbage? naw.. garbage QB's don't throw 26 TD's in a season and lead an offense to the NFC Championship - period. he always had potential since being a Heisman runner-up - it was just squandered by the terrible Bears organization, kinda like what's happening nowadays.

hindsight is always 20/20 - yea it was dumb as hell - McNabb is an elite QB of course. just not as ridiculous as ya'll are trying to make it. if it was really that crazy the Redskins organization would be talking about firing Shanahan

Grossman had 23 interceptions to go along with his 26 T.D.'s, that team had a monstrous defense which is credited to their success more than Grossman.
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    This is the worst post in this thread...im actually saddened by this...

Grossman had 23 interceptions to go along with his 26 T.D.'s, that team had a monstrous defense which is credited to their success more than Grossman.
    Im convinced cats see Mcnabb as some sort of savior ... seriously the Philly Defense was some best defensive units in the NFL while Donvan was there... where do you think the Giants got there Super bowl Defensive blueprint from Jim Johnston.... Westbrook was one of the best all purpose running backs in the NFL during Mcnabb top years..It common football Knowledge you force Mcnabb to beat you in the pocket if he does tip your hat but that game plan against him... How many times have people said in general on this site and posted Why are the Eagels and Andy Reid throwing the ball so Much with Donovan when you got a pro bowl RB in Westbrook which in essence is an indictment on Rieds playing calling and Mcnabb ability as a passer if he was as great as some on this site says he is you dont make that criticism.......

IMO Michael Vick, Vince Young and Josh Freeman (Josh who has possibly less talent than Mcnabb) are all play ing at a much better level than Donovan is....

Yeah he wouldnt make my top 5 of this decade 2000's... and he isnt a top 10 QB in NFL at this moment..