WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont know whats funnier shanahan sayin "Grossman gave us the best chance to win" or Rex comin in and fumblin his 1st play for the td

ill take both for 500
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    ill take both for 500

You know why Rex fumbling wasn't funny, because anyone with half a brain could have seen that coming. These coaches are starting to be as dumb as some of the blind fans. McNabb is getting sacked and forced into bad passes not because he's bad but because the Redskin O Line sucks. Did they really think ? Rex Grossman was going to come in there and work some magic? If he anything, he showed how amazing it is that McNabb manages to get anything accomplished.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So how did Moss go for the strip on the wrong side of the body? If he swiped at the right side the ball definitely would have came loose because dude had it out dancing with it from the 10 yard line on.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    washington dc media and ESPN is gonna eat this up monday morning....smh..
    i will be listening to talk radio tomorrow.........
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

They should, McNabb stays gettin ? on.

When you have ESPN coming out and flat out saying that McNabb never gets the respect he should as a quarterback and don't make up some BS story supporting his benching you know it's a ? up situation.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You know why Rex fumbling wasn't funny, because anyone with half a brain could have seen that coming. These coaches are starting to be as dumb as some of the blind fans. McNabb is getting sacked and forced into bad passes not because he's bad but because the Redskin O Line sucks. Did they really think ? Rex Grossman was going to come in there and work some magic? If he anything, he showed how amazing it is that McNabb manages to get anything accomplished.

Thats why its funny, grossman had 6 To's in one game,5 to's in another he fumbled twice and threw 2 int's in the SB

Nothin we havent seen already
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The raiders are sonnin ? ....but shanahan is an idiot for making that decision and comment just be a man and say i ? up.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Soon as McNabb makes some mistakes which wasn't his fault its mainly his O line he gets pulled ? aint fair at all smh. But bumb ass QB's like Derek Anderson and Jake Delhomme get more of a leash smh
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

You know what kop, karma bit his ass on that play...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They should, McNabb stays gettin ? on.

When you have ESPN coming out and flat out saying that McNabb never gets the respect he should as a quarterback and don't make up some BS story supporting his benching you know it's a ? up situation.

Gets no realer than that .. they have been beating around the bush.. avoiding the bush for far too long..In instances like this.. ive seen it time after time... I gotta see video confirmation on that tip..
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Andy Reid would never in a billion years bench McNabb at the 2 minute warning when they're trailing by 6.

sheeeeet he beched him for cobb and traded the fool in thier own div
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »

again, BENCHED AT HALFTIME = DIFFERENT THAN BENCHED FOR GAME WINNING DRIVE

i mean, ya'll really can't see the contrast here? lol

its like when Phil Jackson tried to make Pippen "the guy" after Jordan left, but wouldn't let him take the game-winning shot in 94

nothing will ? off a great player like giving him the keys to the team, then snatching them ? back at the final crunch time moment. you have to trust them to make the final play(s).

Reid TRUSTED McNabb. Shanahan has just announced to the world that he doesn't trust McNabb AT ALL.

Benched after 8+ seasons of loyalty and defending dude from ? knows how many haters = Different than going "He's the new face of our Franchise!", gassing everybody up, selling a bunch of 5 skins jerseys, then benching him 7 weeks, 4 wins, and 58 minutes later for Rex ? Grossman

and trading within the division, well McNabb obviously ain't comin back as a Skin next year so that's a moot point
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    again, BENCHED AT HALFTIME = DIFFERENT THAN BENCHED FOR GAME WINNING DRIVE

i mean, ya'll really can't see the contrast here? lol

its like when Phil Jackson tried to make Pippen "the guy" after Jordan left, but wouldn't let him take the game-winning shot in 94

nothing will ? off a great player like giving him the keys to the team, then snatching them ? back at the final crunch time moment. you have to trust them to make the final play(s).

Reid TRUSTED McNabb. Shanahan has just announced to the world that he doesn't trust McNabb AT ALL.

Benched after 8+ seasons of loyalty and defending dude from ? knows how many haters = Different than going "He's the new face of our Franchise!", gassing everybody up, selling a bunch of 5 skins jerseys, then benching him 7 weeks, 4 wins, and 58 minutes later for Rex ? Grossman

and trading within the division, well McNabb obviously ain't comin back as a Skin next year so that's a moot point

we'll take him over in San Fran....lol

? call of the week
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

lmao.....the sports reporters are already foamin at the mouth waitin on 4 oclock....lol....this is gold to them they havent eaten this good since tiger ? up....lmao
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    IT was wrong to do it in that situation but Mcnabb been playing horrible all season....... The only reason they aint 3-5 was Cutler 4 ints was worse than Mcnabbs 2 Ints last week in Chicago.... Mcnabb to me was always an overrated QB
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the coach trades for mccnabb to bench him?... OK

it dont make sense at all......+ mcnabb is tooooo nyce....he gotta speak up and say..dis ? right there is uacceptable...
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    IT was wrong to do it in that situation but Mcnabb been playing horrible all season....... The only reason they aint 3-5 was Cutler 4 ints was worse than Mcnabbs 2 Ints last week in Chicago.... Mcnabb to me was always an overrated QB

He's not overrated but when he does bad, it's hard for him to get back in the zone! He must play streaky
  • daburgh1987
    daburgh1987 Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mike Shanahan is delusional.
    That is the ultimate form of disrespect...Rex Grossman though...
  • traestar
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »

nah that was in the Ravens game and it was halftime.... but to bench him and prevent him from helping win the game is criminal!! Rex Grossman is laughable!!
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    He's not overrated but when he does bad, it's hard for him to get back in the zone! He must play streaky
    Well to me he IS overrated hes good not any where near great... all his pro bowsl aside from 1 or 2 he only made it cause he was an alternate... Hes not clutch and he still inconsistent... too me he isnt a HOF player.....1 great year (first season with TO) and a bunch of good to avg season without winning anything doesnt make you a HOF QB....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

This line of thinking is the exact reason why Shannahan thought that dumb move was the right thing to do. People are looking at the Redskins' woes and trying to blame it all on McNabb. It's not his fault. The offense as a whole has been ? . Yeah, McNabb has thrown some bad passes, but all QBs do that. However, all QBs don't have to work behind an ineffective O Line, with no running game, and only two reasonable weapons (Moss and Cooley) both of which are on the older side of things.

You would think that what happened would have made this clear to some people. Yeah McNabb has a bunch of 3 and outs in the face of constant pressure with an offense that isn't clicking at all. Grossman gets sacked for a fumble resulting in a TD on his FIRST play. How can that not show you guys that McNabb is not the problem?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Overrated........ word hes the best qb with payton manning. well has beenhe might not have the blusterous stats but for years he was amogn the best imo.. and he has that Xfactor that Manning doest havent.. wtih Manning to me he has been the best,... and has did it with less since forever... I never seen a elit Qb treated with little to know disrespect as much has he has.. .. This wouldnt happen to Favre, Manning,Brady ? or even eli manning you tell me what it is

Like i said before.. listen to how they talk about Us and them at quartberback.. there is a glaring difference generally
  • traestar
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Overrated........ word hes the best qb with payton manning. well has beenhe might not have the blusterous stats but for years he was amogn the best imo.. and he has that Xfactor that Manning doest havent.. wtih Manning to me he has been the best,... and has did it with less since forever... I never seen a elit Qb treated with little to know disrespect as much has he has.. .. This wouldnt happen to Favre, Manning,Brady ? or even eli manning you tell me what it is

Like i said before.. listen to how they talk about Us and them at quartberback.. there is a glaring difference generally

Preach Playmaker, Preach!!