Who Should Dallas Draft With Their Top 10 Draft Pick??

Options

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i would like for us to get a lil more athletic at DE. ratliff is gettin double teams pretty much every down...igor olshansky & marcus spears arent gettin any sacks, and havent been much of a factor in the run defense
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    upped. cause we bouta be 1-7 and that much closer to the number 1 pick in the 2011 draft
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A new owner/president/gemeral manager...smh@jerry jones
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    A new owner/president/general manager...smh@jerry jones

yeah...he lookin like al davis out there...except for the fact al davis has his team 5-4 at the moment
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    yeah...he lookin like al davis' corpse out there...except for the fact al davis' corpse has his team 5-4 at the moment

fixed..........
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    fixed..........

lol...that ? skin is yellow
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Trade Roy WIlliams for a couple of picks, trade Barber's ass too for a pick. Draft some olinemen and get a safety

haha, who's makin that trade?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Most mock draft boards are saying to draft Patrick Petersen from LSU... seeing how bad DBs are this makes sense. I'd also bolster the O-line Maybe draft the kid from LSU and sign some O-linemen to protect Romo... I'd love it if they drafted Cam Newton... but that's a pipe dream
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they need to build up a core of young, tough players....peterson from lsu would fit that mold
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    Most mock draft boards are saying to draft Patrick Petersen from LSU... seeing how bad DBs are this makes sense. I'd also bolster the O-line Maybe draft the kid from LSU and sign some O-linemen to protect Romo... I'd love it if they drafted Cam Newton... but that's a pipe dream
    LMAO @ Cam Newton I hope the Cowboys do draft him in the first round (LOL @ him being a first round QB prospect) that would set the Cowboys back more than what they already had... Romo wasnt the problem ... The need Secondary help and o-line help they have the worst starting safeties in the NFL Michael Jenkins cant cover...Newman who was always overrated and was never a true #1 ( being a cowboy helps in building up players who play doesnt warrent there praise) and the O LINE another overrated group is old cant run block or pass block...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Them ? damn near need a whole new secondary
  • BOOGLIVE18
    BOOGLIVE18 Members Posts: 882
    edited November 2010
    Options
    man they need jesus n all 12 deciples cuz they lukin worse than da bills right now n they're winless
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thats the Cowboys Problem now, they still wanna draft the "Exciting pick" instead of the right pick

? in here naming Cam Newton and Mark ingram ...LMAO!! , thats dallas issue they always want picks that give fans that "? GUESS WHO GOT!!!?" reaction.....
  • peagle05
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thats the Cowboys Problem now, they still wanna draft the "Exciting pick" instead of the right pick

? in here naming Cam Newton and Mark ingram ...LMAO!! , thats dallas issue they always want picks that give fans that "? GUESS WHO GOT!!!?" reaction.....

this right here
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

That's not fair Dez Bryant looks like in a couple years he's gonna be the best WR in the league and was an absolute steal & by far the best pick in the draft last year. But if the cowboys don't draft a top offensive lineman next year we can have this discussion.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    That's not fair Dez Bryant looks like in a couple years he's gonna be the best WR in the league and was an absolute steal & by far the best pick in the draft last year. But if the cowboys don't draft a top offensive lineman next year we can have this discussion.

Mike Williams From the Bucs has been the best Rookie WR in the Draft and the Biggest Steal in the Draft not Dez , Mike Williams went in the 4th Round, Dez is having a Great year for a rookie but that wasn't the pick Dallas Neeeded....

that Pick was to excite the fans more than anything, Dallas has major issues on Defense, but Jerry got caught up in the flashy pick
  • peagle05
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mike Williams From the Bucs has been the best Rookie WR in the Draft and he went in the 4th Round, Dez is having a Great year for a rookie but that wasn't the pick Dallas Neeeded....

that Pick was to excite the fans more than anything, Dallas has major issues on Defense, but Jerry got caught up in the flashy pick

that was jerry's make up pick lol, i thought i remembered him saying since he passed up on randy moss he didnt want to make that mistake again
  • allied
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mike Williams From the Bucs has been the best Rookie WR in the Draft and he went in the 4th Round, Dez is having a Great year for a rookie but that wasn't the pick Dallas Neeeded....

I disagree Dez to me has been the most impressive rookie I've seen in a long time sometimes it looks like he's playing on the field by himself. With all due respect Mike Williams doesn't show the potential Bryant shows. But looking from an unbiased opinion Dallas hasn't have bad drafts. Who would've thought Ware would become what he is now? Now it is obivous that they need and O lineman now that if Jerry Jones doesn't draft one he should get roasted.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jerry Acts like deep down he wants to Coach the Team, does he even let the coaches draft the player that "They want" and not what he wants? i know it's Jerry's team as far as ownership but he's picking the players i believe during the draft and all that , someone correct me if im wrong tho, but how do u even know the coach wants certain players......

Or am i wrong for thinking that way, i just feel like if i hire a coach and staff then i should take a step back and let them do their own thing as far as what players they want .
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options

idk why you're listening to those ? .....

but KOP, your thoughts on who they should pick/what they need?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2010
    Options

I Said For the Longest They Need a Safety Teams will Fear, and Focus On Defense and More Defense in the Draft......
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jerry Acts like deep down he wants to Coach the Team, does he even let the coaches draft the player that "They want" and not what he wants? i know it's Jerry's team as far as ownership but he's picking the players i believe during the draft and all that , someone correct me if im wrong tho, but how do u even know the coach wants certain players......

Or am i wrong for thinking that way, i just feel like if i hire a coach and staff then i should take a step back and let them do their own thing as far as what players they want .

bill parcels had one of the best lines....somethin like 'you want me to cook the dinner, but dont want me to buy the groceries'

as the owner/gm, you obviously will have the final say, but the coach's input should be just as important. jerry feels like he's always known what was best for the cowboys, but lately it hasnt worked out.

you need to bring in a guy (coach) with his own philosophy, and let him draft players that fit that mold. its not always about the flashy, deep threats, or the qb with the strongest arm....character & heart will take you a longer way than talent. especially if you have the right guy who can get the best outta the players he has
  • allied
    edited November 2010
    Options

You didn't ask me but I'll tell you. You can't run the ball and your QB shattered this shoulder. If your team doesn't draft and O-Lineman they're lost. You O-Line never plays big in a big spot and they're old and can't get to the 2nd level. Offensive line...BY FAR.