Empire Releases Twelve Teaser Images For “The Adventures of Tintin"

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Empire Releases Four Teaser Images For “The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn”

Posted by Michael Lee in Viral Marketing

We finally have our first images from The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. The film is still 14 months away from its release but the people at Empire has released four teaser images that shows us how detailed the motion capture movie will be. You can view these images by clicking the jump.

For teaser images they are pretty detailed. As you can see Tintin’s signature blue vest and brown jacket, Tintin’s dog Snowy’s white fur, and a mysterious raggedy yellow image are the first of 12 images. When the other eight will be released is another question. We will get to see details of Captain Haddock’s beard, Thompson and Thompson’s signature flared mustache, or will this just focus on Tintin and his trusty dog Snowy? You just got to stay tuned.

tintin-580x354.png

/Film has put the pieces together to show how they match the iconic Tintin image:

tintin-textures-added-580x426.jpg

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by Peter Jackson and is scheduled for a December 23, 2011 release.

http://www.movieviral.com/2010/10/30/empire-releases-four-teaser-images-for-the-adventures-of-tintin-secret-of-the-unicorn/

You can see all the teaser images for Tintin at the link below, and I'm guessing they're going to do the big reveal of the complete picture sometime tomorrow or in the next few days:
http://www.empireonline.com/reveal/

Comments

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why are they making this flick again?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Because TinTin is a very very popular character worldwide. And um.....Spielberg? That man is like ? Almighty in Hollywood. Studio execs would take a bullet for him and let him ? their wives n daughters if that's what he wanted. Dude has been a multi-billionaire for a hot minute. ? like Jordan and Jay-Z wish they were as big as Spielberg.

And I didn't like the TinTin cartoon back in the day, but the whole franchise is sorta like Indiana Jones mixed with Lupin the 3rd. Think about that. Then consider that this is Stephen ? Spielberg doing the Avatar thang.

Sounds like a win to me.
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tin tin was my ? when I was little... i'm sure this will do huge numbers at the box office with kids when it comes out; though are kids today even familar with "The Adventure of Tin Tin"?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited November 2010
    Options

Would you rather have another Saw sequel?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Would you rather have another Saw sequel?

Please, no
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As Empire Magazine promised:

2581.jpg

45763.jpg

45762.jpg
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Exclusive: First Full Tintin Pictures
    A look at Spielberg and Jackson's epic

Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson have chosen Empire to reveal the first look at The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. Headed our way next October, the film adapts the enormously popular books by Hergé in performance-captured, 3D form.

Our exclusive and specially-Weta-created cover is a riff on the iconic image of Tintin (Jamie Bell) and his dog Snowy picked out by a spotlight as they are running. Then we have a couple of stills from the film, one showing you Andy Serkis’ Captain Haddock and another with Haddock and Tintin adrift at sea and signalling for help.

“With live action you’re going to have actors pretending to be Captain Haddock and Tintin,” says Peter Jackson. “You’d be casting people to look like them. It’s not really going to feel like the Tintin Hergé drew. It’s going to be somewhat different. With CGI we can bring Hergé’s world to life, keep the stylised caricatured faces, keep everything looking like Hergé’s artwork, but make it photo-real.”

empire-tintin-cover.jpg

So what can we expect from the story? Here’s what Spielberg told us. “The first part of the film, which is the most mysterious part, certainly owes much to not only film noir but the whole German Brechtian theatre — some of our night scenes and our action scenes are very contrasty. But at the same time the movie is a hell of an adventure.”

The film also stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Thompson and Thomson respectively (“When people first heard that bit of casting they thought that we’d gone barking mad,” says Jackson. Adds Spielberg, “The Thompson Twins can’t be clones of each other. Nick and Simon provided all the differences we needed to foil for each other. They have a wonderful moment in the movie where they start to have an argument about whose sidekick is whose.”) and Daniel Craig as Red Rackham. It also features Cary Elwes, Toby Jones, Mackenzie Crook and Daniel Mays.

And for those of you thinking really far ahead, what has Jackson got planned for his Tintin adventure if and when the planned sequel happens? “One of my favourites is The Seven Crystal ? , so that’s the one I’ve always been thinking of,” he says. “I also really like the Eastern European ones, the Balkan ones like King Ottokar’s Sceptre and The Calculus Affair. I think it’s a terrific setting for a thriller, the weird Balkan politics and the mysterious secret service agents. I think the Moon ones are terrific, but they’d be good for the third or fourth Tintin film, if we get that far. We want to keep his feet on the ground just a little bit longer.”

For much, much more from Spielberg, Jackson and their entire cast, pick up the new issue of Empire, on sale November 4. Or better still, order your copy online now!

For a full preview of this month's issue - click here.

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn will be out in the UK on October 26th 2011.

Helen O'Hara

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29355
  • 2tall
    2tall Members Posts: 7
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tintin da goat
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Those images do look pretty nice, I especially like finally seeing Snowy and Tintin.

Hope Spielberg does good.
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nerdscuthbertcalculus.jpg

I hope Professor Calculus will be in it, he's my favorite character
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tin Tin was actually a raw cartoon. How you have an episode open with tinted windows being rolled down and machine guns being stuck out them and blasted.
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Used to read TINTIN in the libary, must have got all the books out on loan, haha will be a good film to watch esp with SS involved, the only thing was the way the black people were drawn in the comic...lol