SMMFH at NELLY.....From selling millions of records to this?

Options

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? still make ? juice? Never seen that ? in my life
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Vokal flopped.

Apple bottom is doing aight though. I see a lot of girls rockin that ? down here.

Last time i bought a can of ? juice was in 8th grade. Haven't seen that ? in any stores since.

LOL burlington must be bag a ? central where you at .... where you stay?? i luv the babes that bargain shop ... they luv to have fun with out having to spend no $1's
  • Lonestar409
    Lonestar409 Members Posts: 325
    edited October 2010
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    You say KRS is wack but i doubt you heard much of his music.....

i've heard more than enough to know he is extremely average. Kool G Rap>>>>>>>>Krs
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol @ u downplayin da popularity of apple bottoms...

dat ? got money b, leave him be..
  • Lonestar409
    edited October 2010
    Options
    applebottoms was extremely successful. Vokal and ? juice flopped
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options

i could go up and quote myself about no one calling him broke ... but its not so far up if you scroll

i never wish the worse on anyone ... but call it how it is fam .... nelly as a rapper and brand is over

if you think 50 cent and g unit is over ... how could you think anything else for nelly??

i never disliked nelly ... i liked quite a few of his songs even tho i usually dont ? wit cats of his nature (musically) ... but it is what it is ... he had his run ... he made his dough and there aint nothing wrong wit that. it only gets bad when you dont know when to stop. there are mad different ways to get dough when you already got dough .... entertainment aint everything
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i could go up and quote myself about no one calling him broke ... but its not so far up if you scroll

i never wish the worse on anyone ... but call it how it is fam .... nelly as a rapper and brand is over

if you think 50 cent and g unit is over ... how could you think anything else for nelly??

i never disliked nelly ... i liked quite a few of his songs even tho i usually dont ? wit cats of his nature (musically) ... but it is what it is ... he had his run ... he made his dough and there aint nothing wrong wit that. it only gets bad when you dont know when to stop. there mad different ways to get dough when you already got dough .... entertainment aint everything

ok cool im not readin all dat..

but apple bottoms and his music career STILL being a huge success is a fact...
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i've heard more than enough to know he is extremely average. Kool G Rap>>>>>>>>Krs

I got money that say's you can't name ore than 5 songs without googling....I don't care who your favorite rapper is, you got to be an idiot to think Nelly got more rhyme skills than KRS ONE...COME ON SON!
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    applebottoms was extremely successful. Vokal and ? juice flopped

LOL ... and that was my original point
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

exactly, he got plenty of $. He doing just fine regardless of albums sells.
  • TheodoreRoe
    TheodoreRoe Members Posts: 15
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL funny thing is ... this ? jumped in head first with a dirtty ent cape on and nelly is no longer an owner as of march 2010

so yes theodore ... the bobcats do still exist ... but nelly doesnt have ownership anymore ... and only ? who shop at burlington still wear apple bottoms LOL

Post the info that states that the other minority owners were pushed out, smh, Jordan was a minority owner just like Nelly and the others, so post this info that came from Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, or Forbes.
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got money that say's you can't name ore than 5 songs without googling....I don't care who your favorite rapper is, you got to be an idiot to think Nelly got more rhyme skills than KRS ONE...COME ON SON!

krs has one of the top 5 diss songs ever ... and alteast 2 or 3 of the greatest hip hop songs ever made. nelly is good ... and he sold mad cds ... but come on yall ... to say nelly is a better rapper is to say that his lyrics are what make him popular ... which we all know is not true
  • onepunch
    edited October 2010
    Options
    krs has one of the top 5 diss songs ever ... And alteast 2 or 3 of the greatest hip hop songs ever made. Nelly is good ... And he sold mad cds ... But come on yall ... To say nelly is a better rapper is to say that his lyrics are what make him popular ... Which we all know is not true

word!!!!!!!!!
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Post the info that states that the other minority owners were pushed out, smh, Jordan was a minority owner just like Nelly and the others, so post this info that came from Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, or Forbes.
    Nelly has done ads for Got Milk and the Ford Motor Company. His energy drink ? Juice sold one million cans during the first two months after its introduction in August 2003, and was criticized for its name by black consumer activists.[47] Nelly owns Apple Bottoms, a female clothing line, and Vokal, which caters to men. He was one of the owners of the Charlotte Bobcats, along with Robert L. Johnson and Michael Jordan until Jordan became the new owner in March of 2010.[48]

LMAO

yo man ... nelly isnt broke .. im sure dude is still doing more than good ...why are you trying to make it out like he is at the top of his success at this point when he is not?? as a rapper and entertainer nelly is pretty much finished ... he may release some good stuff from time to time now and in the future but he will never go platinum etc again ... and he really aint selling 8 or 9 million albums again either LOL

he has money ... im sure he'll buy some apartment complexes etc ... or maybe he'll invest in a new smart phone company or something .. he'll be ok man ... relax LOL
  • Lonestar409
    edited October 2010
    Options

well that would be pointless seeing as you'd never know if i googled or not. cmon man i've been around long enough to know what i like and dont. you cant convince me otherwise. just cause im from Tx dont dismiss me as some southern cat that dont know a good rapper. I bump alot of east coast music old and new. and KRS is textbook overated/average.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nelly is by far the better artist...and krs 1 got ethred by him...thats all im sayin..
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    exactly, he got plenty of $. He doing just fine regardless of albums sells.

co sign ........
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nelly still has tons of money. If he was anywhere near broke, the numerous credible media sources that thrive off providing financial statistics would have been all over this. That, however, isn't the point at hand. While he may have a successful single, his career has taken a massive nosedive. I seriously doubt his album next month will move over 200k first week. Artist have proven time and time again, a successful single doesn't equal a successful album. I wish him the best, but as a top tier artist, his days might be done...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited October 2010
    Options
    as a rapper and entertainer nelly is pretty much finished ... he may release some good stuff from time to time now and in the future but he will never go platinum

i think u need to see this b4 u say that..

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/hot-100?begin=1&order=position

just sayin...
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no sir ... see now your getting off track

saying nelly is better than krs is like saying r kelly is better than the isley brothers

r kelly has had much more commercial success and money than the isleys ... but musically he is no where in the league of such legends
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think u need to see this b4 u say that..

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/hot-100?begin=1&order=position

just sayin...

hold up wait ... why are you quoting me if you're not reading my posts?? LOL

i just discuss this with the others ... ill holla cuzzo
  • TheodoreRoe
    TheodoreRoe Members Posts: 15
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LMAO

yo man ... nelly isnt broke .. im sure dude is still doing more than good ...why are you trying to make it out like he is at the top of his success at this point when he is not?? as a rapper and entertainer nelly is pretty much finished ... he may release some good stuff from time to time now and in the future but he will never go platinum etc again ... and he really aint selling 8 or 9 million albums again either LOL

he has money ... im sure he'll buy some apartment complexes etc ... or maybe he'll invest in a new smart phone company or something .. he'll be ok man ... relax LOL

Dude you probably went to Wikipedia for that, Jordan bought out Bob Johnson's controlling interesting, that doesn't mean that he bought out the other investors. He went from minority status to majority status. IF billionaire owners keep on minority investors why wouldn't he smh. Go take some business courses and get back at me lmao
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    Nelly still has tons of money. If he was anywhere near broke, the numerous credible media sources that thrive off providing financial statistics would have been all over this. That, however, isn't the point at hand. While he may have a successful single, his career has taken a massive nosedive. I seriously doubt his album next month will move over 200k first week. Artist have proven time and time again, a successful single doesn't equal a successful album. I wish him the best, but as a top tier artist, his days might be done...

co sign ... why is this so hard to understand for these people .....
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    KRS-ONE's new stuff has been weak, but he has a had classic and great albums out. Edutainment (inspired my screen name), By Any Mean Necessary, Criminal Minded, and his self-titled album. To say he is wack sounds baseless, if you don't like him I can understand, if you are saying his new stuff is garbage that i can also understand. But to say Nelly is a better rapper? Naw. He just had way more commercial success. Way way more. lol.
  • onepunch
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well that would be pointless seeing as you'd never know if i googled or not. cmon man i've been around long enough to know what i like and dont. you cant convince me otherwise. just cause im from Tx dont dismiss me as some southern cat that dont know a good rapper. I bump alot of east coast music old and new. and KRS is textbook overated/average.

I'm from OKLAHOMA so being from TX ain't nothing....GO SOONERS!....I myself listen to 90% east coast HIP HOP, but still got my face, ugk, zero, etc...cd's in the deck....don't trip...KRS is still top 3 in my book of rhymes....