Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    DipSet, they had a few years on lock
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dipset them ? music was classic, and they made half the eastcoast wanna be Bloods
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ruff ryders, but dipset couldve been a movement...egos clashing, not a good look
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ruff Ryders= the more talented. DMX, LOX, the underrated dragon, eve etc.
  • encredabul
    encredabul Members Posts: 17
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Double R......
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its crazy cuz on MTV Jams last night they played a lil Dipset block of vids and i was wow.....these fools were really really tryin to do it big bck in the day...AND ? IT ALL UP....lmao....Double R stayed strong throughout and got bigger if im not mistaken....
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ruff Ryders has more talent, therefore they're better.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dipset easily. They were an actual movement that rivaled the Wu-Tang from the mid 90's. RR was only hot because X was hot at the time and they rode off his success. Once he faded so did RR. Plus they never really were a movement, just a collection of rappers. As far as talent Cam & Jada are the top mc's and after that the rest of dipset pretty much ? on all of them wack ? in RR. Drag-on, Sheek, Infa-red...all garbage.

Getwitcha
  • flushill401
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dipset easily. They were an actual movement that rivaled the Wu-Tang from the mid 90's. RR was only hot because X was hot at the time and they rode off his success. Once he faded so did RR. Plus they never really were a movement, just a collection of rappers. As far as talent Cam & Jada are the top mc's and after that the rest of dipset pretty much ? on all of them wack ? in RR. Drag-on, Sheek, Infa-red...all garbage.

Getwitcha
    So Juelz is better than Styles P? He might not be better than Eve. Sheek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ruff Ryders were bigger than Dipset ever could be.
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So Juelz is better than Styles P? He might not be better than Eve. Sheek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah he better, and Eve dont even write her own ? . GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options

Getwitcha

but couldn't the same thing be said about RR...i mean they're an ACTUAL crew of ? from everywhere....you saw the X video...they be deep as hell...lol
  • flushill401
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah he better, and Eve dont even write her own ? . GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha
    I bet you can't get 5 people to agree with you.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Some of ya sound dumb, the question was who had the bigger movement, not who is more talented or better, DipSet's movement was huge, as soon as they got with Roc-a-fella they were all over the place, you still see jokers in the club doing that leanin dance from DipSet Anthem
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    but couldn't the same thing be said about RR...i mean they're an ACTUAL crew of ? from everywhere....you saw the X video...they be deep as hell...lol

Nah, RR started no trends in hip hop, and if they did they are long forgotten. ? on here still be saying "no ? ", Cam had cats wearing pink with pride. Whether you think its corny or whatever, still point to the fact that they had a cult following like no other, so its safe to say their movement was more powerful than RR easily.

Getwitcha
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? getting it twisted we talking mvmnt not skills, of course the Lox can out rap any duo in the industry. As far as actual movement the Dips was longer. RR was the ? from around 97-00 while the Dips rocked from around 01-07. when is the last time they played a bunch of RR songs at the club and you was rocking to them joints. They stay playing dipset songs back to back at the clubs sometimes and ? still be rocking
  • westcoastnative
    westcoastnative Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well was ruff ryders a nation wide bikers club before dmx hit the scene??because im in the bay area and i see cats with the ruff ryder logos all the time out here, and i cant say that i seen any before that ruff ryders anthem hit years ago..........? dont ? with dipset like that out here on the west......dont see them as real bloods...more like comical entertainers
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, RR started no trends in hip hop, and if they did they are long forgotten. ? on here still be saying "no ? ", Cam had cats wearing pink with pride. Whether you think its corny or whatever, still point to the fact that they had a cult following like no other, so its safe to say their movement was more powerful than RR easily.

Getwitcha

so what about all them ? riding bikes?...not sayin RR was trhe first to do it but RR's movement as far as a motorcycle crew was huge...ala Wu-Tang..they had everybody wantin to ride bikes and 4-wheeler's once X came out....even had a movie come out after it...biker boys...lmaooooo!!

but i see what your saying i just think RR's movement is still goin strong today(whether they put out music or not) while Dipset's has stalled and is need of a boost

im sooooooo glad i aint fall into the trap and rocked pink b/c of dipset....lmao
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    so what about all them ? riding bikes?...not sayin RR was trhe first to do it but RR's movement as far as a motorcycle crew was huge...ala Wu-Tang..they had everybody wantin to ride bikes and 4-wheeler's once X came out....even had a movie come out after it...biker boys...lmaooooo!!

but i see what your saying i just think RR's movement is still goin strong today(whether they put out music or not) while Dipset's has stalled and is need of a boost

im sooooooo glad i aint fall into the trap and rocked pink b/c of dipset....lmao

I always assumed that the rappers RR stole that whole concept from the bike riders. So it really had nothing to do with the rappers. ? been wanting to ride bikes and 4 wheelers, etc...lol....

Getwitcha
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dips easily
    RR had DMX and the rest were subpar at best
  • arnett23
    arnett23 Members Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dipset movement >>>>RR....really no debate. Both crews are washed up now, but if one could come back out and get ppl paying attention I'd bet on dipset
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

Getwitcha
    Shut up.............seriosuly..............stop talking
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rofl.. this aint even a competition...dipset easily, ? still want them to come back strong...only thing ruff ryders had goin is dmx and maybe jada...aint nobody checkin for the rest..

plus the classic music dat came from the dips is undeniable....
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Smh @ ya ? actually sayin DipSet................Frist of, Nevermind Comparing Rappers, RR ? over them (Santanna??? JIm Jones, Freekey??? c'mon stop the maddness)Sales, RR ? overthem...............they was on the Biggest tour in hiphop history, and they was all over the place Nationally, meanwhile DipSet was at the most an EastCoast Phenomon. RR had NYC on lock, u was either a Roc-a-fella head or u was Hadrcore Double R............DipSet had Harlem, and the Heights, despite popular belif, the rest of the city wasnt really too crazy about DipSet (Check the sales out Homie, 2 Mulitplatinum ALbums on the side of Double R, not to mention the Gold And Platinum Solo albums they have, Not to mention Swiss Beats and his 96 million Records) Now,let me put ya'll only game; they only reason y ? was supposely repin DipSet like that is because They was supposed to be blood, Harlem is blooded out For those who dont not knowm, thats the main reason, No they didnt Spread EastCoast Bloods sets cuz that ? was spread waaaaay b4 them ? hit the scene (B-more, Some Spots in philly, N.C/S.C) Now Minus all that Gang ? , RR made that Grime yMYC hiphop Popualr again, without them sellin, u wouldnt have a G-Unit or a DipSet.............RR was easliy the bigger movement
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rofl.. this aint even a competition...dipset easily, ? still want them to come back strong...only thing ruff ryders had goin is dmx and maybe jada...aint nobody checkin for the rest..

plus the classic music dat came from the dips is undeniable....

Classic music?? LMFAO like wat, Santann's Town?? lmao