Bigger RAP MVMT.. DOUBLE R OR DIPSET

Options

Comments

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Double R had the far superior rappers but as a movement Dipset was way bigger
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Smh @ ya ? actually sayin DipSet................Frist of, Nevermind Comparing Rappers, RR ? over them (Santanna??? JIm Jones, Freekey??? c'mon stop the maddness)Sales, RR ? overthem...............they was on the Biggest tour in hiphop history, and they was all over the place Nationally, meanwhile DipSet was at the most an EastCoast Phenomon. RR had NYC on lock, u was either a Roc-a-fella head or u was Hadrcore Double R............DipSet had Harlem, and the Heights, despite popular belif, the rest of the city wasnt really too crazy about DipSet (Check the sales out Homie, 2 Mulitplatinum ALbums on the side of Double R, not to mention the Gold And Platinum Solo albums they have, Not to mention Swiss Beats and his 96 million Records) Now,let me put ya'll only game; they only reason y ? was supposely repin DipSet like that is because They was supposed to be blood, Harlem is blooded out For those who dont not knowm, thats the main reason, No they didnt Spread EastCoast Bloods sets cuz that ? was spread waaaaay b4 them ? hit the scene (B-more, Some Spots in philly, N.C/S.C) Now Minus all that Gang ? , RR made that Grime yMYC hiphop Popualr again, without them sellin, u wouldnt have a G-Unit or a DipSet.............RR was easliy the bigger movement

At least someone makes sense one this site.
    c/s
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I always assumed that the rappers RR stole that whole concept from the bike riders. So it really had nothing to do with the rappers. ? been wanting to ride bikes and 4 wheelers, etc...lol....

Getwitcha

oh see i thought they was a crew that knew some rappers....so D and Wah aren't actually in the RUFF RYDER bike crew or at least somewhat affiliated?

and ? was rockin pink before Cam made it overly ? ....i mean "cool"....lmaoooo
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    At least someone makes sense one this site.
    c/s

alot of thses ? On this site is young.......Any ? In NYC over the age of 24 will Tell u that RR had NYC on lock..........had ? drive motorclyce and ? , not to mention all over the city............Meanwhile DipSet was being chase out of the on hood..........
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    oh see i thought they was a crew that knew some rappers....so D and Wah aren't actually in the RUFF RYDER bike crew or at least somewhat affiliated?

and ? was rockin pink before Cam made it overly ? ....i mean "cool"....lmaoooo

Like i said, i dunno bout the RR ? , i just knew it was around before the rappers.

Yeah its always a few people here and there, but Cam is the one who made it popular/acceptable. How you relate that to ? is on you. I never wore pink so i cant call it.

Getwitcha
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Like i said, i dunno bout the RR ? , i just knew it was around before the rappers.

Yeah its always a few people here and there, but Cam is the one who made it popular/acceptable. How you relate that to ? is on you. I never wore pink so i cant call it.

Getwitcha

lmao.....me neither
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    alot of thses ? On this site is young.......Any ? In NYC over the age of 24 will Tell u that RR had NYC on lock..........had ? drive motorclyce and ? , not to mention all over the city............Meanwhile DipSet was being chase out of the on hood..........

D and Wah use to be here in baltimore, back in the day on some street ? and they were some real ass ? so i def ? wit RR and most of my fam was affiliated wit them so i def agree they had the streets on smash for a couple yrs but i still gotta say Dipset had it their run was to long and like i said they still play them ? in the club heavy. And sometimes that ? be having ? rocking heavier than some of this new ?
  • bstunna
    bstunna Members Posts: 27
    edited February 2010
    Options
    RR was more poppin in Harlem then Dip ever was. RR stood in harlem a thousand deep. they would be all over NYC, but they rocked in Harlem. They be with Cross and Inf.
    but really it's all preference, ? gonna say RR had more talent. ? gone say Dips had more hits. My time was with RR so I'm going with the team that spawned, DMX,The Lox, Swizz Beatz, Eve and them.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Classic music?? LMFAO like wat, Santann's Town?? lmao

so u tryin to tell me them ? talkin bout nothin over them redundant ass swizz beatz instrumentals is better than dipsets music...foh...they might be....MIGHT BE able to spit a lil better, but they damn sho couldnt make better songs outside of dmx....
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited February 2010
    Options

Yeah no one was riding on motorcycles until they seen a rap video...GTFOH!!! You're too impressionable if you believe that ? .

Getwitcha
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    smh ? talkin bout motorcycles in nyc...

diplomats had ? jockin the movement in all over da u.s. i can remember seein it all over the place in chicago, and then returning to mississippi to find dipset gear all over da hood stos...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't even ? with Dipset like that, but no1 can deny back when this came out and got played in the club ? did that dance, ? were matching their jerseys and hats and jackets and socks with their sneakers and earrings, ? were jumping all over the blood ? , Cam was quoted often, ? rocked pink all up and down the East Coast, you couldn't go around a corner without some Dipset ? banging out of someone's car, ? were wearing bandanas for no damn reason
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ruff ryders ? all over dipset
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so u tryin to tell me them ? talkin bout nothin over them redundant ass swizz beatz instrumentals is better than dipsets music...foh...they might be....MIGHT BE able to spit a lil better, but they damn sho couldnt make better songs outside of dmx....

ur fuckling trippin..........Swiss hand Classice joints.............WTf DipSet had?? Mixtapes???? Clean ur ears out homie
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    smh ? talkin bout motorcycles in nyc...

diplomats had ? jockin the movement in all over da u.s. i can remember seein it all over the place in chicago, and then returning to mississippi to find dipset gear all over da hood stos...

Homie.........Im more thats Postive ? alll over US want UFckin with DipSet like that, they wasnt ? wit DipSet like that in NYC, jsut beaces ? sellin a couple of Baseball caps Means this ? is a movement??? gtfoh lol
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Homie.........Im more thats Postive ? alll over US want UFckin with DipSet like that, they wasnt ? wit DipSet like that in NYC, jsut beaces ? sellin a couple of Baseball caps Means this ? is a movement??? gtfoh lol

Nah, you're right homie. RR had ? riding motorcycles. Before RR ? was only on scooters. That was a powerful movement.

Getwitcha
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, you're right homie. RR had ? riding motorcycles. Before RR ? was only on scooters. That was a powerful movement.

Getwitcha
    Sooo ? walkin around with pink bandannas and gettin they chain Swiped is UR idea or a "powerful" movement...........Cool
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if u wanna talk about a more powerful movement and sayin skills dont mean the movement more powerful...who sold more? rr? o ok
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if u wanna talk about a more powerful movement and sayin skills dont mean the movement more powerful...who sold more? rr? o ok

Watch them come up some stupid ? sayin how DipSet SOld more, Or they had the hood on lock more or somethign lol
  • bmoreeast
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Watch them come up some stupid ? sayin how DipSet SOld more, Or they had the hood on lock more or somethign lol

If you take Dmx out of the equation then yes Dipset did sell more
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    If you take Dmx out of the equation then yes Dipset did sell more

LMAO.............homie, chek the sales.........Seriously lol
  • bmoreeast
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LMAO.............homie, chek the sales.........Seriously lol

Who the hell on RR sold any records other then Dmx and Eve, actually who else was even on RR other then those 2 cuz wasnt the Lox signed to Bad Boy and they never really sold ? either (even tho Jada and Stlyes r 2 of my favs of all time)
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    Who the hell on RR sold any records other then Dmx and Eve, actually who else was even on RR other then those 2 cuz wasnt the Lox signed to Bad Boy and they never really sold ? either (even tho Jada and Stlyes r 2 of my favs of all time)

i kno jada went plat once or twice and jada last cd hit number 1, wat did cam or jimmy last cd sell?
  • bmoreeast
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i kno jada went plat once or twice and jada last cd hit number 1, wat did cam or jimmy last cd sell?

Jada went platinum once and that was the cd that had Why on it, wat did Dmx, Styles, or Sheek louch last records sell...wat did any of Sheeks albums do didnt he have like 3