TNA Wrestling Introduces New World Title Belt (Picture)

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
TNA introduced a new World championship belt at Monday’s iMPACT! tapings from Orlando.

Hulk Hogan threw the old belt in the trash and presented Jeff Hardy with the one. The segment will air this Thursday night on Spike.

Unlike the previous traditional black and gold belt, the new belt has a red strap and some very uniquely-shaped metal plates.

Check out the new TNA belt – what do you guys think? Unique or ugly as hell?

newtnabelt.jpg

To me, it looks like The Creature from the Black Lagoon

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    it looks like something that fought godzilla

tna stay ? up, b
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That is the worst looking belt of all time
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? looks like the divas belt evolved....]

what good with these wrestling companies ? up these new belts i remember the wwf champ,the i.c, the wcw/nwa belts of the early 90's being timeless even the wwf championship belt of the late 90's was dope now ? are trash
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Survey says..... Another loss for the bad guys
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tna stay ? up, b
    yep..........
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mature_woman_with_e5b5.jpg?adImageId=2166881&imageId=5213883............

Exactly what i was thinking
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that ? was inspired by power rangers

MMPR_Dinozord_Megazord.jpg
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    looks like a GWAR prop
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I think it would decent for the X division or another minor title, but a world title... hell no.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TNA aint ? for this... i telling you i thing eric bichoff and hogan work for vince mcmahon secretly
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Besides the poor quality of wrestling its ? like this why i cant ? w/ TNA. hell atleast make ur #1 title look like something worth fighting for.... good ? ... ? looks like something u could pick up at walmart from bandai SMH.

the quality of wrestling in TNA is far superior to WWE. the problem is WWE has held the market for so long that people arent willing to switch. i began watching TNA in December after not watching anything since WCW, and for the first month or so i thought it was kinda lame, but eventually i got into it and enjoyed it. thats really the problem, no one gives anything a chance, or maybe they check it for 5 minutes then determine it sucks.

anyway, the belt was made by Hardy, for Hardy, and i actually like the look a lot. way better than that trash spinner belt for Cena.

also, im not sure why TNA threads are even made, everyone on this forum is just a WWE mark.
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Jushin Liger would love this.....Trash... Hogan needs to bow out of being a booker or whatever he tryna be....
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited November 2010
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    the quality of wrestling in TNA is far superior to WWE. the problem is WWE has held the market for so long that people arent willing to switch. i began watching TNA in December after not watching anything since WCW, and for the first month or so i thought it was kinda lame, but eventually i got into it and enjoyed it. thats really the problem, no one gives anything a chance, or maybe they check it for 5 minutes then determine it sucks.

anyway, the belt was made by Hardy, for Hardy, and i actually like the look a lot. way better than that trash spinner belt for Cena.

also, im not sure why TNA threads are even made, everyone on this forum is just a WWE mark.

I tried to enjoy TNA but they keep pushing the wrong people. Hogan, bischoff and flair should not be a part of the main event. They keep giving their best workers stupid storylines like what they do to samoa joe. AJ Styles is once again someones lackey. TNA is just horrible all around minus the tag team division.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

I feel ya' dawg (nh), but why fashion a belt after a champion? I didn't agree with Cena's "spinner belt" either - it sends the wrong message about your product. You're basically saying you're building everything around one performer when there's a ton of cats waiting to shine, some of whom deserve an opportunity. That ? is wack, yo - look like a ? ' mardi gras mask........
    Besides, AJ should be the top dog - not Hardy; what are they gonna' do if Hardy gotta' do time or ? up again - 'cuz you know he's going to.
  • Mally_G
    edited November 2010
    Options

that statement offends me. I'm in no way a WWE mark. I don't even watch WWE like that anymore for the past 2 years to be a mark for their product.

i try to give TNA a chance but what kills them is that they put the old WWE/WCW guys over their own homegrown talent, plus, their writing stinks. I don't want to see Kevin Nash and his buddies, Hogan, and Bischoff as the lead performers each week. I don't want to see the company revolve around dudes who are getting paid the most, yet, can't wrestle.

Each and every time an ex-WWE/WCW wrestler is signed to TNA, they go over the original TNA talent. TNA lives too much in the past and hopes that there is still a fanbase for these kats to pop a rating. They have young and hungry dudes (who may not be movie stars to act out storylines), but they can wrestle their ? off. They come up with new innovative moves and can wow a crowd with their athleticism. But TNA finds more stock in the names rather than the talent and writing, hoping that the people will tune in just for the names; and that's why they are in the position they're in now.

The WWE is trying to push fresh new talent because the dudes they relied on for so long are getting older and breaking down. The problem is that the WWE are only pushing the big dudes and the smaller talent are getting squashed, even through they're young. Also, the WWE has no direction for certain gifted talents. They all have to wrestle a certain style, and the style is basic cookie cutter, everyone are the same. When you seen one, you seen them all.

The difference between the two is that the WWE has been around forever and can get the celebrities and exposure. They're on a grander stage, while TNA stays in their little hole and hope that someone pays them attention and will trick off dollars to get a D-List celebrity to appear on their show just to make a media buzz.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aj styles is damn good, i haven't watched tna for a while, i was really into it for a good moment..

their knockouts ? all over the wwe divas...sin skill set and looks IMO
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    aj styles is damn good, i haven't watched tna for a while, i was really into it for a good moment..

their knockouts ? all over the wwe divas...sin skill set and looks IMO

Not anymore, they both suck now
  • Mally_G
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Not anymore, they both suck now

str8 up. TNA released Kong (or she quit), wouldn't re-sign Gail Kim, or give any good female that could go in the ring a raise so they either bounced or got released.

at one point, it was said that the KO matches were the highest rated segments on iMPACT!, then they started going by way of the girls looks, like Lacey Von Erich (who can't wrestle for ? , finally admitted it and said she's going to leave or has already left). Then they bring in girls who can wrestle, then won't use them because the Beautiful People hog up all the KO time on the show.

TNA does have some good female performers like Hamada, Sarita, Mickie James (when given the right storyline, which won't happen in TNA), and Tara (though she's slipping and playing down to the inexperience of the other KOs). Those other chicks like Taylor Wilde and Madison Rayne are interchangeable and are spastic in the ring.

Yeah, this belt is custom for Hardy, it's a facepaint design.

1.jpg
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the belt looks better in this pic^ then the other one.....but it still doesnt have that "WORLD TITLE" feel
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i like AJ more than anyone in TNA, but i think the problem is TNA isnt big enough yet (and may never be) to solely rely on homegrown talent to become stars and sell the shows and ppvs to people. before Hogan came in its not as if the TNA talent was so over with general wrestling fans/the public, yet AJ had the title for a long ass time.

to me the only real problem with TNA is its marketing, or lack there of.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    that statement offends me. I'm in no way a WWE mark. I don't even watch WWE like that anymore for the past 2 years to be a mark for their product.

i try to give TNA a chance but what kills them is that they put the old WWE/WCW guys over their own homegrown talent, plus, their writing stinks. I don't want to see Kevin Nash and his buddies, Hogan, and Bischoff as the lead performers each week. I don't want to see the company revolve around dudes who are getting paid the most, yet, can't wrestle.

Each and every time an ex-WWE/WCW wrestler is signed to TNA, they go over the original TNA talent. TNA lives too much in the past and hopes that there is still a fanbase for these kats to pop a rating. They have young and hungry dudes (who may not be movie stars to act out storylines), but they can wrestle their ? off. They come up with new innovative moves and can wow a crowd with their athleticism. But TNA finds more stock in the names rather than the talent and writing, hoping that the people will tune in just for the names; and that's why they are in the position they're in now.

The WWE is trying to push fresh new talent because the dudes they relied on for so long are getting older and breaking down. The problem is that the WWE are only pushing the big dudes and the smaller talent are getting squashed, even through they're young. Also, the WWE has no direction for certain gifted talents. They all have to wrestle a certain style, and the style is basic cookie cutter, everyone are the same. When you seen one, you seen them all.

The difference between the two is that the WWE has been around forever and can get the celebrities and exposure. They're on a grander stage, while TNA stays in their little hole and hope that someone pays them attention and will trick off dollars to get a D-List celebrity to appear on their show just to make a media buzz.

This. WWE sucks right now, but it's still much better TNA. The only thing TNA does better than WWE is create and push tag teams.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The megazord>>>