edited December 2010
    Options
    Hard to pick just 5, I'llt ry though...

Black Star
    Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
    Little Brother - Minstrel Show
    Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
    J Dilla - Donuts

No necessarily "very" underground. I'm always mad late at discovering new acts since few of my friends are into music like that.. However, some of those albums are my fav of all time, forget just underground
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    nyq_guru wrote: »
    Hard to pick just 5, I'llt ry though...

Black Star
    Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
    Little Brother - Minstrel Show
    Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
    J Dilla - Donuts

No necessarily "very" underground. I'm always mad late at discovering new acts since few of my friends are into music like that.. However, some of those albums are my fav of all time, forget just underground

I have always had the same problem with my friends, in fact I'm the only one into hip hop like that really, never mind underground.

That said, the Internet is here for a reason! And those are some nice picks of yours, definitely worthy of a mention in any list!
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My top five............................................

113962668.jpg i can listen to this ? from beginning to end

R-240440-1080256245.jpg this one of the ? i'm on when i'm trying to hyped up

41YXMGEVJML._SL500_AA300_.jpg this ? is like a movie

Black+Moon+-+Total+Eclipse.jpg ? is just dope to me.

and the Artifacts- That's Them album

These are just a few that come to mind.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    My top five............................................

113962668.jpg i can listen to this ? from beginning to end

R-240440-1080256245.jpg this one of the ? i'm on when i'm trying to hyped up

41YXMGEVJML._SL500_AA300_.jpg this ? is like a movie

Black+Moon+-+Total+Eclipse.jpg ? is just dope to me.

and the Artifacts- That's Them album

These are just a few that come to mind.

Dope list and nice AVI :tu

I haven't heard your first album, I'll be checking it :tu

ABB records? Never heard of it :tu
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chino Xl -Poison Pen
    Del -Deltron 3030
    RA the Rugeed Man-Die Ruggen Man Die
    JMT-Servaints in hell,Kings in Heaven
    Canibus-Rip the Jacker
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Dope list and nice AVI :tu

I haven't heard your first album, I'll be checking it :tu

ABB records? Never heard of it :tu

Thanks, but yeah that firs album is just a compliation disc but one dope ass one!
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chino Xl -Poison Pen
    Del -Deltron 3030
    RA the Rugeed Man-Die Ruggen Man Die
    JMT-Servaints in hell,Kings in Heaven
    Canibus-Rip the Jacker

That's a very lyrical list, can't say I've ever gotten into Chino XL like that with the exception of Skin. Great track:
    DAMITT wrote: »
    Thanks, but yeah that firs album is just a compliation disc but one dope ass one!

I'mma check it out tomorrow, props :tu
  • Jerecole
    Jerecole Members Posts: 55
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Tonedeff-Archetype
    Vakill- Darkest Cloud
    Jedi Mind Tricks-Violent by Design
    Army of the Pharoahs- Torture Papers
    Vinny Paz-Season on the Assassin
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For me there's too many last decade, but here's a nice sample

1.) J-Dilla- Donuts
    2.) Sean Price- Monkey Bars
    3.) Yak Ballz- My Claim
    4.) L.E.G.A.C.Y.- Project Mayhem
    5.) Asamov- And Now
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jerecole wrote: »
    Tonedeff-Archetype
    Vakill- Darkest Cloud
    Jedi Mind Tricks-Violent by Design
    Army of the Pharoahs- Torture Papers
    Vinny Paz-Season on the Assassin

He needs to release Chico & The Man, and fast. I'm getting impatient after what feels like a Detox wait.
    traestar wrote: »
    For me there's too many last decade, but here's a nice sample

1.) J-Dilla- Donuts
    2.) Sean Price- Monkey Bars
    3.) Yak Ballz- My Claim
    4.) L.E.G.A.C.Y.- Project Mayhem
    5.) Asamov- And Now

True, but you can only have 5 :tu

Yak Ballz is one of your favourites, and a good choice at that too.

I don't have that Project Mayhem, the rest is nice :tu
  • traestar
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He needs to release Chico & The Man, and fast. I'm getting impatient after what feels like a Detox wait.

True, but you can only have 5 :tu

Yak Ballz is one of your favourites, and a good choice at that too.

I don't have that Project Mayhem, the rest is nice :tu

Dilla has to be mentioned of course, Yak Ballz debut solo album to me he was ahead of his time, and I love the production too!
    Still like his music but it has more of a rock feel now that people don't agree with, still good listen tho! Chapter 7 is coming soon!
    L.E.G.A.C.Y.'s debut solo with 9th Wonder on most of the production was one of 9th's best projects IMO, overall however it was Legz's best album Suicide Music was good but
    not as good as this one. Sean Price's Monkey Bars is definitely a hip hop classic!! And lastly I thank Myspace for helping to expand my ear to new music, through my research I stumbled
    across Asamov also known as The Alias Brothers. And Now was a hip hop classic indeed, and since then I've stayed in online contact with Therapy, Willie Ev, and close friend Dillon on their latest projects!
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dilla has to be mentioned of course, Yak Ballz debut solo album to me he was ahead of his time, and I love the production too!
    Still like his music but it has more of a rock feel now that people don't agree with, still good listen tho! Chapter 7 is coming soon!
    L.E.G.A.C.Y.'s debut solo with 9th Wonder on most of the production was one of 9th's best projects IMO, overall however it was Legz's best album Suicide Music was good but not as good as this one. Sean Price's Monkey Bars is definitely a hip hop classic!! And lastly I thank Myspace for helping to expand my ear to new music, through my research I stumbled across Asamov also known as The Alias Brothers. And Now was a hip hop classic indeed, and since then I've stayed in online contact with Therapy, Willie Ev, and close friend Dillon on their latest projects!

Do you post from an iPhone or iPad? You have the usual enter mistakes in your posts if so :tu lol I have these too from time to time and have to edit my posts ha

Yak ? was first introduced to me by yourself a few years back when you did your first mix and we traded our favourites. He really impressed me on that mix and you ended up giving me a full mix of his tracks which was great :tu

I've got Asamov's definitely a nice pick, didn't know you were in touch with them though, crazy.

Sean Price is an emcee who had crazy buzz and respect, but unless I'm incorrect, hasn't released much since Monkey Bars? Great album though.

I'll check out that L.E.G.A.C.Y though, props.
  • traestar
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you post from an iPhone or iPad? You have the usual enter mistakes in your posts if so :tu lol I have these too from time to time and have to edit my posts ha

Yak ? was first introduced to me by yourself a few years back when you did your first mix and we traded our favourites. He really impressed me on that mix and you ended up giving me a full mix of his tracks which was great :tu

I've got Asamov's definitely a nice pick, didn't know you were in touch with them though, crazy.

Sean Price is an emcee who had crazy buzz and respect, but unless I'm incorrect, hasn't released much since Monkey Bars? Great album though.

regular computer, yea you're right the format doesn't fix itself like it used to. I'll try to change my typing!
    Sean Price has released alot, Jesus Price, KIMBO PRICE, Mic Tyson is on the way,
    he did a reunion album with Rockness Monster as Heltah Sketah called D.I.R.T.
    and he has a bunch of mixtapes! Lets just say that he's been buzy!
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    In order

1. Below the Heavens - Blu & Exile
    2. When Life Gives you Lemons, You Paint that ? gold - Atmosphere
    3. A Long Hot Summer - Masta Ace
    4. Weatherman Lp - Evidence
    5. Float - Aesop Rock
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    In order

1. Below the Heavens - Blu & Exile
    2. When Life Gives you Lemons, You Paint that ? gold - Atmosphere
    3. A Long Hot Summer - Masta Ace
    4. Weatherman Lp - Evidence
    5. Float - Aesop Rock

Last 2 are a surprise, those first three albums are nice though, I think When Life Gives You Lemons is Atmosphere's best.
  • stupot0607
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Last 2 are a surprise, those first three albums are nice though, I think When Life Gives You Lemons is Atmosphere's best.

Yeah i agree im a massive fan of Atmosphere, they got 3 classics imo. When life gives you lemons, ? Loves Ugly & Lucy Ford. they are all amazing. but when life gives you lemons is best material, musically its 10/10.

Weatherman Lp is amazing aswell. the production and features are dope on that album.

Aesop rock Float i put in there cause its just some outlandish stuff, lyrically insane album.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah i agree im a massive fan of Atmosphere, they got 3 classics imo. When life gives you lemons, ? Loves Ugly & Lucy Ford. they are all amazing. but when life gives you lemons is best material, musically its 10/10.

Weatherman Lp is amazing aswell. the production and features are dope on that album.

Aesop rock Float i put in there cause its just some outlandish stuff, lyrically insane album.

I'm a fan of Aesop's, particularly this track:

I listened to the Weatherman LP, I thought it was nice, but it never caught me like anyone would consider it top 5, I'll check it out again.

Agreed on Atmosphere, they're getting better with each album because Ant's getting even better on the boards (IMO).
  • stupot0607
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm a fan of Aesop's, particularly this track:

I listened to the Weatherman LP, I thought it was nice, but it never caught me like anyone would consider it top 5, I'll check it out again.

Agreed on Atmosphere, they're getting better with each album because Ant's getting even better on the boards (IMO).

Yeah with Atmosphere you can tell they are getting musically better. To All My friends .... is a good cd, a couple of songs were amazing
    (Scalp, Freefalling defo) but i dont see them toppin When life gives you lemons.

You a fan of Felt? i got all their cd's the 2nd Felt album was a near classic for me and the 3rd one was great (Aesop rock on the production). thing is Float is in my top 5 underground cd's but its the only aesop i got haha. i should probs get another one of his cd's...
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Options

Here's a recent track, he's the first one!!

http://legacythegreatest.bandcamp.com/
    Also this just came out on bandcamp, now the mixtape is from 2007 but on the bottom:
    originally released in 2007 in a partnership with HiphopDx.com it was discontinued shortly after due to an error made at
    the CD pressing plant.It has never been available digitally until now.A collection of features with Little Brother,
    Buckshot & 9th Wonder,The Away Team,Cesar Comanche,O.N.E. Jones and more...and it's FREE!!
    credits
    released 15 April 2007
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah with Atmosphere you can tell they are getting musically better. To All My friends .... is a good cd, a couple of songs were amazing
    (Scalp, Freefalling defo) but i dont see them toppin When life gives you lemons.

You a fan of Felt? i got all their cd's the 2nd Felt album was a near classic for me and the 3rd one was great (Aesop rock on the production). thing is Float is in my top 5 underground cd's but its the only aesop i got haha. i should probs get another one of his cd's...

Yeah, I don't think they'll be able to top WLGYL either, but I know their next release is going to be close, they're such a talented duo, it's a shame they get flak on some boards.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a big fan, but I have listened to both of those Felt albums, not the first one though. Labor Day and None Shall Pass are my other Aesop Rock albums, both are nice, he's a talented dude. But not one of my favourites that I bump regularly.

He appears on Eligh's Grey Crow too:
    Here's a recent track, he's the first one!!

Props Trae, working at the moment, but I'll be listening to that track later :tu
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I got 4 shouts

1) Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Blackstar (one of my top 10 albums ever)
    2) Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
    3) Little Brother - Minstrel Show
    4) Brother Ali - Us

interested to see what you say
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I got 4 shouts

1) Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Blackstar (one of my top 10 albums ever)
    2) Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
    3) Little Brother - Minstrel Show
    4) Brother Ali - Us

interested to see what you say

It's too hard decide on my favourite, the one that I have played the most is probably Masta Ace's A Long Hot Summer, k-os' Joyful Rebellion or CYNE's Evolution Fight...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chino XL- Here to Save You All

Royce Da 5'9- Death Is Certain

Sean Price- Jesus Price Superstar

Rass Kass- Soul on Ice

Skyzoo- Live From The TapeDeck
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Options

I been wanting to get that Weatherman LP, was feeling alot of tracks from there!!

Float I'll check out!