who's winning? (celeb style)

Options
marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Fashion Forward
there was a lot of debate in the kim k. thread about her style. most men would agree that she is the king.gif of this ? (for obvious reasons) and while does her thing there are arguably other female celebs who ? it as well. so...in your opinion-What celebrity IS winning (fashionably) right now?

i'll be back in a bit to post my picks

Comments

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Kim K isnt really fashion forward. she's more like sexy business contemp. very well put together..neat and crisp. not stylish.
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    okay there are lots of celebrities I check for but i'm gonna narrow it down to my favorites for sake of not flooding the thread. i'll see how it goes before i post more.

my first pick goes to Tracee Ellis Ross. sort of random yes but I just love her style. It's timeless, feminine, age appropriate and complimentary to her shape
    tracee.jpg

second (who would probably really be first because i'm obsessed) is Kelis. I don't care what brand of ? you think she may be smoking but it works for her therefore it works for me. she calls it months before you buy it (in a few cases years) and that's why she's winning.

kelis-attends-the-real-king-of-new-york-party.jpg

Solange-she just "gets" it. perfect balance of fun and flirty not too oversexed but still knows hot to be sexy when its time. another one who dresses for her body type

solange-knowles-1.jpg

then of course Ms. Rhi Rhi. no comment just consistent hotness. accessories always on point

rihanna-curly-red-updo.jpg

add on..
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    oh ? . can someone approve my post? :(
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kim k has a stylist, which most celebs do but i don't feel that her style is hers, if that makes sense. when she 1st hit the seen, she stayed in them tight bandage dresses and when she came up then she dressed differently. not a big deal but i stil wouldn't say she is fashion foward imo.
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kim k has a stylist, which most celebs do but i don't feel that her style is hers, if that makes sense. when she 1st hit the seen, she stayed in them tight bandage dresses and when she came up then she dressed differently. not a big deal but i stil wouldn't say she is fashion foward imo.

Idk I don't think she has a stylist because she actually WAS a stylist before she became known for her other assets lol. and Khourtney mentioned being Adrian Balion's stylist when she was dating their brother. I think they know how to put things together well and I give them props for that. As for the bandage dresses Kim just knows what works for her body and i guess that was her thing then.

**also I've always thought Khloe was best dressed of the three, even when she was bigger
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes!!! I also believe Khole is the best dress out of the three.

secondly, I loooovvveesssssss Tracy's looks it's so feminine , vintage yet modern chic. That look is very hard to pull off!

Rhi Rhi personal style is okay... her stylist is the bomb!! lol you can totally tell when rhi rhi is dressing herself.
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes!!! I also believe Khole is the best dress out of the three.

secondly, I loooovvveesssssss Tracy's looks it's so feminine , vintage yet modern chic. That look is very hard to pull off!

Rhi Rhi personal style is okay... her stylist is the bomb!! lol you can totally tell when rhi rhi is dressing herself.

lol I think you're the only one who can see the post. it said I needed mod approval, I still cant see it :(
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Genevieve Jones
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJtIb9DgC5M0J8IpPuUI07lhAuK8HA0a2Y6PK1QilBLiM8CvA6
    genevievejones1.JPG
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol I think you're the only one who can see the post. it said I needed mod approval, I still cant see it :(

It's fixed
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's fixed

thanks! genevive is a good one. I haven't seen any recent photos of her though. she use to be all over the place. I wonder what she's up to
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Idk I don't think she has a stylist because she actually WAS a stylist before she became known for her other assets lol. and Khourtney mentioned being Adrian Balion's stylist when she was dating their brother. I think they know how to put things together well and I give them props for that. As for the bandage dresses Kim just knows what works for her body and i guess that was her thing then.

**also I've always thought Khloe was best dressed of the three, even when she was bigger

oh yeah i forgot about her being a stylists before. i do remember some show on E about her, and some lady (i assumed her stylist) was like "kim u gotta chill out w/ them bandage dresses" and they then proceeded to show all the different events of her in those dresses, and then she switched it up. thats why i thought she had a stylist cuz u almost never see her dressed like that anymore. and yeah i agree about khloe being the best dressed, she gotta make up for them genes lol j/p.

as for the topic, i really like lenny kravitz's daughter style, beyonce dresses nice when she's just out and about, not feelin her when she's dressed up. i'll think of some more later and add pics.