edited November 2010
    Options
    You can wear a bow tie in many different setting from casual to formal

Dont be afraid to be dapper :) Set yourself apart from the crowd

Casual
    Bow-Tie-Men-Casual.jpg

Formal
    swizz-gq2-e1288358792123.jpg?w=450

I'll be back later to give more looks for the wear from casual to formal for the ties
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I Gots Money But Im Not Into Wasting It!!

David Donahue Bow Tie 45.00

_5706924.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997866

1901 Woven Wool Tie 49.50

_6222172.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3134434

• Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Living La Vida Broke!

Honeycomb Pattern Neck Tie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $7.92[/FONT][/FONT]

84416191-01.jpg

http://www.forever21.com/21men/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=m_acc_others&product_id=2084416191&Page=1

John Ashford Tie, Solid $17.99

734663_fpx.tif?qlt=90,0&fmt=jpeg&wid=55&op_sharpen=1

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=454768&CategoryID=53239#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D146
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    1901 Woven Wool Tie 49.50

_6222172.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3134434

I like this tie a lot. Might have to cop it.

Great thread.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My Church had mens day, like a month ago and all the fellas of the Church had to wear white shirts and red ties. I bought a red bow tie to wear, but also bought a regular tie just in case I pussied out. Lol. I ended up goin wit the back up tie. Lol. I felt too weird wearing a bow tie with a straight face. Ima pull it out one day tho.
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My Church had mens day, like a month ago and all the fellas of the Church had to wear white shirts and red ties. I bought a red bow tie to wear, but also bought a regular tie just in case I pussied out. Lol. I ended up goin wit the back up tie. Lol. I felt too weird wearing a bow tie with a straight face. Ima pull it out one day tho.

I wish you wouldve wore the bow tie. It wouldve had you stand out in the crowd of men.
    Next time do it and take a pic of your look; then post it on here :)
  • yaboytheflashh
    yaboytheflashh Members Posts: 549
    edited November 2010
    Options
    casual bow ties are kinda played out, but good thread. been tying the same knot for years, needed to learn some new ones.
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont know how casual bow ties are "played out" when it only emerge for public trend Fall 09. Now, the casual bow tie is very high in consumer trend right now and I dont really see it leaving until the end of Spring '11. When the Fall '11 approaches, men's wear is going to be more of classic style for men and the skinny ties are going to be ditched too. That is way youre currently seeing a bit and pieces of stylists and celebrities men wearing 3"- 3/4" width ties; which then will catch fire for the public by Fall '11.

From my personal research for this thread for the tying knots was really informative because I never knew there were more than 20 ways to tie a tie. However, these are the 4 most popular way to do it.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    King rocks bowties
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I gottem but I don't rock em, unless it's with a Tux, silk ties, wool ,cotton ,rayon I do that Mon-Fri
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I wish you wouldve wore the bow tie. It wouldve had you stand out in the crowd of men.
    Next time do it and take a pic of your look; then post it on here :)

I got u lol
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Charlie, please tell me you're kidding. You're saying ties nearly 4" in width will be popular in a year? That's horrendous. Glad I don't give a ? about trends.
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's only being forcasted to be trending next fall '11 not necessarily saying that the trend would be picked up by mass consumers.
    I am personally a fan of 3" tie; it gives off the feel of masculinity.
  • yaboytheflashh
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont know how casual bow ties are "played out" when it only emerge for public trend Fall 09. Now, the casual bow tie is very high in consumer trend right now and I dont really see it leaving until the end of Spring '11. When the Fall '11 approaches, men's wear is going to be more of classic style for men and the skinny ties are going to be ditched too. That is way youre currently seeing a bit and pieces of stylists and celebrities men wearing 3"- 3/4" width ties; which then will catch fire for the public by Fall '11.

From my personal research for this thread for the tying knots was really informative because I never knew there were more than 20 ways to tie a tie. However, these are the 4 most popular way to do it.

fall 09? nahh i was tried it out like late winter/early spring 09 and i wasn't the first to do it. there was also people rocking it at the clubs during summer. i don't know, it's just lame to me now
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when trends are forecast, it's usually a year or two ahead..secondly, fall/winter always coincide together; theres no separation with the seasons because of the heavy fabric material for both season.
    winter/spring will never happened...unless you speak about the cruise collection in January/February that transcend slowly into the spring line. but like i've stated the casual bow tie emerged for the mass consumer (you and I) in Fall '09; you might have noticed it in late winter/early spring '09 but the actually trend did not come out around that time. Secondly, the trend is going to die out by fall '11 (for casual bow tie wear) because men's wear is going into more of a luxury/james bond (basically classic) look where the bow tie would be worn in more of an office/formal wear. :)
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Charlie I'm poor and destitute, can you buy me some silk ties too? How about a crushed Velvet Blazer Sean John all black fro Macy's and some Sean John jean's and button up to match, I'm, poor :-(
  • Purr
    edited November 2010
    Options
    JB you can go to ross/tj maxx/marshalls for some sean john
    recession proof boo :)
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    95% of the time people who wear bowties are innate ? .

Most cats dont wear ties downtown anymore...so I have about 6 ties.

2 Hugo Boss 1 Ralph Lauren 1 black 1 Red 1 Blue
  • yaboytheflashh
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when trends are forecast, it's usually a year or two ahead..secondly, fall/winter always coincide together; theres no separation with the seasons because of the heavy fabric material for both season.
    winter/spring will never happened...unless you speak about the cruise collection in January/February that transcend slowly into the spring line. but like i've stated the casual bow tie emerged for the mass consumer (you and I) in Fall '09; you might have noticed it in late winter/early spring '09 but the actually trend did not come out around that time. Secondly, the trend is going to die out by fall '11 (for casual bow tie wear) because men's wear is going into more of a luxury/james bond (basically classic) look where the bow tie would be worn in more of an office/formal wear. :)

i don't follow collections and ? , im talking about when i started rocking something, and it was mostly stuff i already owned, but wore differently
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I own about 50 ties. I wear suits everyday so I've built a collection. I've seen some nice bow ties but I can't bring myself to buy one yet. I have been wanting to try the suspender look though.
  • sfilez
    sfilez Members Posts: 20
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thank you for sharing those educational videos, charlie_danger. However, I guess I'll just stick to the traditional way of knotting neckties. I agree, though, that men should be adventurous and they must try wearing ties may it be for a formal occasion or just the daily escapades.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nice thread! Thanks Cha'lie. I really need to step my tie game up for the spring and summer. I've never had a bow tie before but thinkin bout coppin some... But I need to get my neck tie game right first...

What is the best texture for a necktie for a casual sweater over button down outfit?? Like silk, wool, what?? And width...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    bump.............
  • Merrykazi
    Merrykazi Members Posts: 12
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Your tie says everything about you. By its colors, its pattern, its placement, it announces your taste and style to the rest of the world. Once, the necktie served the singular purpose of announcing the background of the wearer.