All About Ties & Bow Ties

Options
2»

Comments

• Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Need some Help... I'm being forced to go to a club that is dress attire only, and I'm thinking of doing a sweater vest tie combo.... I have these 2 ties i love but they are striped 140.jpg

Thats not it exactly i'd say strips are broader and more of a cream and black, trying to find picture now its a donald trump signature collection tie

and another one thats actually black on black stripe... are striped ties to formal?
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    140.jpg

This one looks right.. not home or i'd just add pics....

The black one 140.jpg

I'm thinking if I do the black i might need to ditch the black vest and maybe go black shirt loose at the top... idk, stessing this BS all my dress pants are pleated to i may just post my whole outfit if i can find enough examples
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited March 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    What is the best texture for a necktie for a casual sweater over button down outfit?? Like silk, wool, what?? And width...

I'd go with something knit. They have them in all fabrics, but of course the silk ones will be shinier. As far as width, I think alot depends on your build. I'd go with a skinny tie if you're in good shape or a medium build.

newdandyism-garbstore-silk-knitted-tie.jpg
    Presteezh wrote: »
    are striped ties to formal?

Not too formal, but definitely more businesslike. You can achieve a more laid back urban look with solids. As far the black sweater vest tie combo. Just rock a crisp white shirt underneath. Keep the top button undone and loosen the tie a bit. Shows you are relaxed but still fresh.

all my dress pants are pleated

Wrong wrong wrong.
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    DarkGable wrote: »

Not too formal, but definitely more businesslike. You can achieve a more laid back urban look with solids. As far the black sweater vest tie combo. Just rock a crisp white shirt underneath. Keep the top button undone and loosen the tie a bit. Shows you are relaxed but still fresh.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Yea man i agree the pleats are the worst so here's what i'm thinking.... the white collard shirt with Black vest and tie... sleeves rolled up a lil gotta a nasty lil watch to accent... some fitted jet black jeans and black leather dress shoes.... now shoes are another issue here is my choices i got in black to go with the no sneaker rule...
    stacy-adam-shoe.jpg

^What I'm thinking ( not exact but pretty damn close)
    pTBL-1380148v250.jpg
    ^^ What i rather wear... mine have the cloth/canvas type top (not roll down)
    Shoes_iAEC1016641.jpg
    and something not to far from this... they have a cloth tuxedo style line down middle tho... highly doubt i'll go this way... Patent leather and jeans lol
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea man i agree the pleats are the worst so here's what i'm thinking.... the white collard shirt with Black vest and tie... sleeves rolled up a lil gotta a nasty lil watch to accent... some fitted jet black jeans and black leather dress shoes

Sounds fresh to me. Don't roll the sleeves too high though. Couple inches above the wrist is plenty. Also, as far as shoes, you might want to consider some basic black kicks with white soles. So far the outfit is pretty much black on black. That lil touch of color can help set it off.

Some clean basic black kicks are these Vans. You could rock these just about anywhere and still be on point.

192771_hi?wid=700&fmt=jpeg&qlt=85,0&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.0,0.0,0,0&iccEmbed=0
  • Presteezh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Club is super strict ( at least when it comes to minorities) thats why im stuck on dress shoes... I also have these
    AD9F421A_black_perry_ellis_brett_(sizes_7-13)1.jpg
    but i think they prob turn me around same with those timbs... keeping extra ? in car just in case( including pleated pants lol and a blazer) Can't be denied my wifes Bday celebration and she wants to go to this place pretty bad.
    I got some express argyle sweaters I got too, so i'll see what works when i get home.
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I always have the full windsor knot on my tie. I like when its wide and a big knot, makes you look more "important" in a way. I'm inspired by the suits Ari Gold wears on the show Entourage.