Cyhi or J.Cole? Who stunted on they bosses album song the hardest?

Options
ysl313
ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Both men got a chance on their bosses albums and plenty of time to spit fire and get noticed. Who did a better job? Yeezy gave Cyhi the last verse on a song that features attention grabbers like Pusha, /jay-Z, Swizz Beats, Rza, and kanye west himself.

Cole gets on a nice little track with Hov and gets ample time to do his thing as well with "A star is born". Which artists shined hardest on their album debut tracks?

I say Cyhi had a much better chance to debut majorly conidering he is on part of the hook and has the last verse. Cole murdered "A star is born" though

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cyhi had a cool verse but he was clearly out classed by everyone else one that song on the other hand Cole dropped a line that will be remembered for years to come and an overall dope verse.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    cyhi..............
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    neither, but bosses were better
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    cyhi..............

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    y yall compare these 2 ? that much?
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cyhi had a cool verse but he was clearly out classed by everyone else one that song on the other hand Cole dropped a line that will be remembered for years to come and an overall dope verse.

What line was that? "Get behind the Will (wheel) like Jada? That was kind of suspect to me...if thats the line you're talking about. Other than that one, nothing else from that verse was memorable, not to mention Jay murdered him (but thats to be expected).

Getwitcha
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I met this ? valentines day, ? her in may, but she found out about april, so she chose to maaaarch.

Only quotable out of the 2
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited November 2010
    Options
    neither, but bosses were better

Exactly....

Getwitcha
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why do yall compare verses on concept records, i could see if ? was spitting just to spit lyrical ? . It's not like either record was a I SHOT YA or FLAVA IN YA EAR type track where there is no concept
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What line was that? "Get behind the Will (wheel) like Jada? That was kind of suspect to me...if thats the line you're talking about. Other than that one, nothing else from that verse was memorable, not to mention Jay murdered him (but thats to be expected).

Getwitcha

that's all i can remember as well i though Jay had a better verse. But i would like to know what is this memorable line that will go on for years.

cyhi verse was pretty generic I like the ? he said about Abernathe and rosa parks but most probably missed that
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited November 2010
    Options

Getwitcha

"the flows cold as a shoulder of a gold digging hoes when a broke ? approaches"
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

that actually is a nice line....nicer than that april, march, valentines day etc.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i keep a trojan in my pocket....matt lienert <<<<<<wack
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited November 2010
    Options

that ? was turrible
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

the fact that you had to type it out for them is sad
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

really
    when i heard that ? i instantly had to rewind the track
    and everybody knows my disdain for J.Cole and my affinity for Cyhi
    but i ain't no biased hatin ass ?
    Cole ? on the track in question and Cyhi was just ok on his
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

naw that whole line was dope

"i got a 7 on me..i call my dro Lamar..plus a Trojan in my pocket..Matt Lienart.."

i thought it was clever lol
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why do yall compare verses on concept records, i could see if ? was spitting just to spit lyrical ? . It's not like either record was a I SHOT YA or FLAVA IN YA EAR type track where there is no concept

My thoughts exactly. This is Nas' fault.
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    naw that whole line was dope

"i got a 7 on me..i call my dro Lamar..plus a Trojan in my pocket..Matt Lienart.."

i thought it was clever lol

Naw, he said it corny. He should of said, "i had in a trojan in the pocket....Matt Lienhart"

In MY pocket makes it literal
  • andre_1024
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Naw, he said it corny. He should of said, "i had in a trojan in the pocket....Matt Lienhart"

In MY pocket makes it literal

i see what you're saying..trojan in the pocket is a little more creative..what's wrong with it being literal tho??..i don't think it makes the whole line corny
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ive only listened to j. coles verse a couple of times, but its not even fair to compare him and cyhi wit these two songs..

i still say cyhi>>cole in most ways tho..
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    i see what you're saying..trojan in the pocket is a little more creative..what's wrong with it being literal tho??..i don't think it makes the whole line corny

If it's literal than means he has the real Matt Leinhart in his pocket. lol When he says in the pocket, it takes on a double entandre (as in football pocket and a condom).
  • andre_1024
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If it's literal than means he has the real Matt Leinhart in his pocket. lol When he says in the pocket, it takes on a double entandre (as in football pocket and a condom).

not necessarily..if he's using the big sean/young money punchline scheme, which i thought he was, then it makes sense literally.."plus a Trojan (condom) in my pocket.....Matt Lienhart"
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited November 2010
    Options

Thats it? Thats the line thats suppose to be so memorable? It is a decent line though but it will not be remembered except in this thread..

Exactly, it says a lot. It says no one remembered it.

Getwitcha