How Do I make my legs smaller but arms and chest bigger.

politicalthug202
politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Weight Room
Ive been having this problem for years,when I try to make legs and thighs smaller to be quicker in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS.

I end up making my arms smaller and becoming weaker up top.

so how do i loose weight on my legs thighs and ass(no ? ) and keep my arms big and muscular.

should i just do high reps and low weight on the legs. and low reps and hig weight on the arms

how should manage the weight gain. I just wanna get my body in balance proportionally because
it throws off my timing in mma training.

Comments

• MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, what is your current diet? I can't tell you exactly what to do, unless you tell me your diet.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Hmm, what is your current diet? I can't tell you exactly what to do, unless you tell me your diet.

basicallly junk food with some decent home cooking. i eat alot of pizza meat and cheese
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    basicallly junk food with some decent home cooking. i eat alot of pizza meat and cheese

Dude, stop with the junk food, pizza as well. More home cook meals at home is needed. This is what you do, It depends a lot on what kind of weight you need to loose.
    Muscle or fat?
    If it’s fat, one suggestion could be to cut all the ? food (snikers, fast food, fried stuff), use as little oil and butter as you can, never forget to eat your veggies but don’t exagerate with fruit (it’s got sugar),
    pick fish and white meat over red meat, drink milk with reduced fats.
    Eating more than three times a day (without increasing the total calories) also helps loosing weight.
    Ask suggestions to your doctor regarding your diet, he can probably help you more than us.

For your training, cardio should be the way to go, but remember that humans usually start burning their fat DIRECTLY only after at least 40 mins (when your sugar reserves run out) of nonstop aerobic activity such as running, swimming etc..
    So it doesn’t really matter if you go real fast, the really important factor is time.
    Most important of all, be patient and don’t rush things with crazy and stressing dieting/exercising programs, results obtained slowly are kept easier. You need to start doing push ups as well, they expand and make your chest bigger, as well for incline bench pressing.
  • JB-CHI-CITY
    JB-CHI-CITY Members Posts: 568
    edited December 2010

you aint from Chicago/ Southside Englewood

and you aint J-HUD

who is you alias lady?