you cant tell me that denzel didnt deserve the "best actor" award in glory.

Options
ineedpussy
ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
man the white boy broderick was ? as they kernel but tripp was that ? . you cant deny that. tripp is a ? i would definately hang with.

Comments

• ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options

start at 6:27
    this is the part that deserved him best actor. aint no way that white boy could do this. plus that one tear. one tear ? ? everytime i see this part i start to cry. ? too powerful. plus the strings playin at the moment that tear drop. damn.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Glory was deep. tear jerkin deep.

Never let a white person justify why they have a confederate flag tatoo. NEVER. i made that mistake once. and i regret it because i felt that dude was cool.

the confederate flag means that there were white people who fought and died to keep Black people in slavery. fought and died.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lawd, lawd, lawd, lawd, lawd.......
    some scenes from that film were shot here in my hometown...and theres this lil run down hood club that local people go to that denzel was spotted in ...people I know that were old enough to club back then said he was mad cool
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, for This and Malcolm X
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nope but he did for training day.....lol
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

Truth.com/u-ain't-neva-lied
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

lol how u gone say nope and u prolly wasnt born when Glory came out?? smh

with the theme of the thread, he deserved it for The Hurricane too.... ? was epic in that movie...
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That was a good movie
    (don't forget Morgan Freeman)
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »
    That was a good movie

yeah cant forget morgan he was the ? too. and dont forget snowflake. lol
    radaman wrote: »

with the theme of the thread, he deserved it for The Hurricane too.... ? was epic in that movie...

he was great in that too. he's just a great all around actor

el oh el. you just want to give white ? that ? ? . n/h
    ...thread's been a long time coming. :tu

thanx jay. and you the perfect man to say that. :tu
    stoneface wrote: »

aw we already know malcolm. thats not even a debate. white boys got mad when i said that
    was my favorite movie.
    lawd, lawd, lawd, lawd, lawd.......
    some scenes from that film were shot here in my hometown...and theres this lil run down hood club that local people go to that denzel was spotted in ...people I know that were old enough to club back then said he was mad cool

what hometown? and what parts?
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    Glory was deep. tear jerkin deep.

Never let a white person justify why they have a confederate flag tatoo. NEVER. i made that mistake once. and i regret it because i felt that dude was cool.

the confederate flag means that there were white people who fought and died to keep Black people in slavery. fought and died.

theyll never be ever to convince me of that ? we understand. and its understandable that you didnt see color but a person. thats comindable(sp), and yes this movie is a tear jerker.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options

bruh i was talking about "the powers that be". and who cares if i wasn't born???? i already seen the movie before
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    el oh el. you just want to give white ? that ? ? . n/h

naw bruh....
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Denzel was great in Out of Time
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Denzel was great in Out of Time

Nah, Mighty Quinn, my dude, Mighty Quinn.

lol.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Denzel was supposed to be in Basic Instinct with Sharon Stone but he turned it down due to the graphic sex scene that was required.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Denzel was supposed to be in Basic Instinct with Sharon Stone but he turned it down due to the graphic sex scene that was required.

Good. That's why she fell off like a ice-sickle in 80-degree weather after that.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good. That's why she fell off like a ice-sickle in 80-degree weather after that.

lmao. sharon stone was pretty good in the 90's.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have no idea why this performance rarely gets brought up on this site. Amazing movie, ? might make a grown man cry.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The whipping scene gots to be one of the most memorable actor performances in the history of cinema. Just pure emotion, no acting. This is why Denzel is one of the best.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The Academy Awards have been a huge laughable joke forever... LOL

It was when Denzel showed 'em he could be a bad muhfucka (Training Day)... they then took notice
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "Sheeyit, ? forgot to duck"
    FTW
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

All the movies where he sould've won the oscar were all movies where he went against the white man and won. Ain't no Academy awarding the black man for being the hero in a movie and the white man is the bad guy. Malcom X, The Hurricane, and Glory were all movies where he was the oppressed ? with the nerve to buck against the whaite man's oppression. But once he became the villian who was an ? to his community and was killed mafia style at the end, all of a sudden he deserved the oscar. Same with Halle Berry. Who didn't win ? for her amazing performance as Dorothy Dandridge, But when she played the crackhead who gets ? like a prostitute by Billy Bob Thorton in Monster's Ball, give her the Oscar!! The academy will only award blacks who are in high demand who will go out of their way to not be seen in a good light.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »
    That was a good movie

"stripes on a ****** is like ? on a bull"
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    All the movies where he sould've won the oscar were all movies where he went against the white man and won. Ain't no Academy awarding the black man for being the hero in a movie and the white man is the bad guy. Malcom X, The Hurricane, and Glory were all movies where he was the oppressed ? with the nerve to buck against the whaite man's oppression. But once he became the villian who was an ? to his community and was killed mafia style at the end, all of a sudden he deserved the oscar. Same with Halle Berry. Who didn't win ? for her amazing performance as Dorothy Dandridge, But when she played the crackhead who gets ? like a prostitute by Billy Bob Thorton in Monster's Ball, give her the Oscar!! The academy will only award blacks who are in high demand who will go out of their way to not be seen in a good light.

word. i was trying to tell radaman the samething.
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Denzel did win the oscar for his role in Glory it was supporting actor because he wasn't the lead role
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea, he still won Best Supporting Actor though for "Glory". I feel that was the 1st performance that Hollywood had to bow down to Denzel that he was going to become one of the future GOATS. Denzel been getting robbed by the Academy. Don't get me wrong, he was gangsta as ? in "Training Day" but Denzel should have 4 Oscars by now Here are all his nominations and wins:

Cry Freedom (loss)- His 1st nomination. He was nominated for Supporting Actor.
    Glory (Win) - He won Best Supporting Actor
    Malcolm X (Loss) - He lost to Al Pacino cause the Academy had robbed him for 20 years but he still deserved it
    Hurricane (Loss) - He lost to Kevin Spacy for "American Beauty" which was a great performance not better than Denzel's though, he still won the Golden Globe
    Training Day (Win) - He beat out Russell Crow at the Oscars but lost to him in the Golden Globes.

Honorable Mentions:

* Philadelphia (How are they going to give Tom Hanks the Oscar and not even nominate Denzel as if he didn't go toe to toe with Tom?)
    *Crimson Tide (Him and Gene Hackman should of been nominated for their great performances in this film)

Again, Denzel should have 4 Oscars but we all know the Oscars are racist so he got robbed. I got mad love for Denzel, I just saw "Unstoppable" last week and that was a pretty good movie. Here's some Denzel Trivia for you. Do you realize that Denzel's films have grossed over 3 Billion Dollars and he has never made a sequel. That's amazing cause his catalog is mostly drama's and doesn't have many blockbusters. So people go to watch Denzel for Denzel, not sequels or special effects. Oh yea, he went extra hard on "Book of Eli".